Are You Happy With The Appointment Of Mccall?

716 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the appointment of McCall

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy with him as a short term solution till the end of the season. Hopefully he can steady the ship and secure second place to give us a crack at promotion. One things for sure though, he'll have his work cut out with that shower of shite at his disposal.

For where we are, what we need and where we want to go, Stuart McCall is probably the best candidate we could possibly have hoped for.

I have been skeptical of McCall in the past, although his time at Motherwell on a whole was viewed as a success, his results for Motherwell against Ally McCoist's Rangers were extremely poor and we know how bad McCoist was.

However his time coaching with Scotland and the way he's conducted himself in interviews regarding the Rangers situation with BT and Sky Sports I have really impressed with, he knows what to expect when he goes in and will have his own ideas of getting the best out of what he's got.

If we are promoted then he certainly deserves his chance to continue on his role as manager unless their is a candidate who cannot be ignored. If that was the case then McCall staying on as assistant would be a good move IMO.

Yes.He wouldnt have been my first choice, but hes a damn sight better than McCoist or Clipboard Kenny. Ive heard he had a hard time at Motherwell due to having players sold from under him etc. I think he'll do a good job for us. Even if we dont get promotion hopefully he can get us a good start for next season. Hes an experienced manager who knows what he's doing.

The only part that worries me is that I'd read he didnt want the job, then a few hours later Ive heard he's taken it, hopefully the board havent just flung a load of money at the first available manager and have brought him in because they believe he can do the job.

For the people on here who would be happy to see McCall get the gig long term, or as most have suggested for at least a full season (should he get us promoted).

Would you be saying the same had McCall taken over from Walter after a successful season?

After Ally and then Kenny we have had two of the worst manager's in our club's vast history. No disrespect to Stuart McCall (he has my full support from now until the end of the season) however ANY manager at this point would look like a messiah compared to those two managerial misfits.

We are in danger of accepting mediocrity because its better than what we have had over the past 4 years and I can't accept that.

We MUST be looking beyond the likes of McCall and aiming as high as we possibly can.

As I’ve stated before the club is in a huge transitional period, we need someone to come in with a clear vision and the experience and reputation to carry out that vision.

Yes in the short term as anyone is better than the fat money grabbing grub or the clipboard.

However im reading that Bomber recommended him and influenced the board.

Next season I want the dinosaurs to stay out of football matters and see some real ambition in a new exciting manager especially from abroad who believes strongly in youth development and scouting.

If we make it out the championship though that is. His record wasn't great either against us or the mhanks. He also lost a few cup games against some lower league teams so Im not expecting miracles.

If he does get us promoted, it leaves us with a bit of a dilemma.

Is it right to basically say, "fuck off now that you've got us promoted"?

I think if he does get us promoted, he should at least get a year in the top flight to show what he can do.

Agree that it potentially creates a dilemma for DK, who has said he wants more of a coach.

I dont know yet if McCall fits that bill but if he gets us playing good football and promotion will be difficult to mug him off.

Agree that it potentially creates a dilemma for DK, who has said he wants more of a coach.

I dont know yet if McCall fits that bill but if he gets us playing good football and promotion will be difficult to mug him off.

great dilemma to have, would take it!