Are You Happy With The Appointment Of Mccall?

716 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the appointment of McCall

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to have a decent manager again, up to the players now to prove themselves. Think we'll see a few who can't or won't cut it and surprisingly (or not), they will be the bigger names imo who have been stringing along. Expect one or two toys to be thrown out of the pram by a few "established" players too, but it needs to happen so the dead wood can be moved on at end of season.

I notice he mentioned the U20s.

I watched the Motherwell U20 team a couple of times at the start of the season, at one 9am kickoff on a Sunday morning Stuart McCall was standing behind the goal watching.

He didn't interfere with the coaches -Scott Leitch and Jonatan Johansson - but at the end of the game he came on to the pitch, spoke to the team for a bit then got some of them to go through some positioning stuff on the field before they were eventually allowed to go off.

At the time I was thinking "I can't imagine McCoist doing that on a Sunday morning". McCall seems like a guy who keep an eye on the whole setup including the young guys.

I hope he pulls it off , I have a feeling the "feel they haven't had a chance" quote was maybe directed towards templeton , have a feeling McCall might fancy giving him a run

let's hit the ground running rangers and get ourselves two home wins before that fixture at easter road in a few weeks , I will take 2 wins right now and if we even notice an improvement in performance then that is a bonus.

McCall covered every blade of grass as a player; I'd imagine he wouldn't take excuses about why a player didn't turn up for work and do his best. He was an honest player, and he will expect his players to give the same commitment he gave I'd imagine. He will also know that players can have off days, but I like the fact that as a manager he sees his job as getting the best out of players. I think the attitude on the park could be the biggest difference.

Yeah i like the way he's come in. None of this sit in the directors box, wait a week to assess the team like some managers. Kenny Black drove up from Sheffield to watch the Hibs game on the back that they might get the job. McCall comes in and tells players to get their arses into training on their day off. No messing about from these two. Very impressed so far and i hope he does well i really do. Like his attitude.

The worse thing for me about it is its a chance for him, but not really fair on him either as a manager at least deserves a transfer window to get his own players in and put his own stamp on the team.

There is a list kicking around of players who are out of contract right now and available to sign for clubs. Our squad is so big though, do we have space, never mind funds, for new players?

I voted yes to the simple question of - "Are you happy with........."

Happy that we've got rid of McD as he was f******* useless and deserved to be punted.

I think SMcC knows he could only get a short time deal. He loves our Club and can see what's needed.

If he gets us promoted, he could be in the management team for next season under, dare I say it - Richard Gough.

After all, he was also one of the backroom team of DK and if CG was rewarded, then why not RG.

Don't find the Gough as manager theory likely. He's doing nothing else just now so he'd be straight in if that was even considered. He might have a role to play bit not as manager or DOF.

His combined record against us and the tims is P24 W3 D3 L18 F14 A60

That is a horrifying stat though it was with a club who paid players £500 a week whilst us and Celtic were paying our players 10 and 20 grand a week. Give him a chance to see what he himself can do with those galacticos, in Scottish terms.

Really happy with the appointment, even more so after hearing the interviews. Just a wee story about Stuart McCall the man. Lived near me when I was wee and came walking by the patch of grass we used to play footy on with his dog. Was obviously swamped when me and the rest of the Gers fans there realised we had one of our heroes in our midst. Rather than get pissed off or make his excuses and walk away he tied up his pooch and kicked the ball about with us for thirty minutes. A great half hour I'll never forget :) Used to give out cash at Halloween as well , was always a queue at his door :)

Really happy with the appointment, even more so after hearing the interviews. Just a wee story about Stuart McCall the man. Lived near me when I was wee and came walking by the patch of grass we used to play footy on with his dog. Was obviously swamped when me and the rest of the Gers fans there realised we had one of our heroes in our midst. Rather than get pissed off or make his excuses and walk away he tied up his pooch and kicked the ball about with us for thirty minutes. A great half hour I'll never forget :) Used to give out cash at Halloween as well , was always a queue at his door :)

He sounds like a top notch guy, haven't met him myself.