Walsh Out Of Contract

OzGers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All very well everyone saying we must tie him down to new contract but has anyone thought does the guy want to stay.Hopefully if he sees that the management are going to give guys like him a chance then he will, but can you blame him or any others if they feel that they will never be given a chance so decide to move on else where and its not always about the money some of these guys just want to play regular first team football.

it took a contract of offer from Dundee United and then 3 weeks for Rangers to realise he was out of contract.

That is my understanding of what happened with Telfer. Obviously the club won't admit this and will stick to the line "he turned down the three contact offers we made". All of which came after he spoke to and received an offer from Dundee United.

That is my understanding of what happened with Telfer. Obviously the club won't admit this and will stick to the line "he turned down the three contact offers we made". All of which came after he spoke to and received an offer from Dundee United.

I still find that utterly astonishing that we could let a young talent leave under those circumstances. However i think his mind was made up when McCoist promised the young lads games after the league was won then renaged on his promise. I still can't get my head round how so many still defend him after that.

3 years down the drain and god knows how many more to rectify the mess he has left us.

If he is as good as everyone seems to think he is ie the best prospect for a number of years then £2k per week seems reasonable.

Meanwhile if the rumours are correct Lee McCulloch is now on £17.5k per week. I would rather bin McCulloch and sign four or five

young prospects at £2k a time which would be half the outlay of our over the hill captain.

If he is as good as everyone seems to think he is ie the best prospect for a number of years then £2k per week seems reasonable.

Meanwhile if the rumours are correct Lee McCulloch is now on £17.5k per week. I would rather bin McCulloch and sign four or five

young prospects at £2k a time which would be half the outlay of our over the hill captain.

Wasn't Lewis Macleod/Charlie Telfer/Andy Murdoch/Calum Gallagher/Rhys McCabe/Jamie Ness/Barrie McKay the best prospect in years?

Wasn't Lewis Macleod/Charlie Telfer/Andy Murdoch/Calum Gallagher/Rhys McCabe/Jamie Ness/Barrie McKay the best prospect in years?

No

All of the above could however have played and contributed more than the undroppables have.

No

All of the above could however have played and contributed more than the undroppables have.

Almost everyone mentioned was referred to as the next big thing here. Some were even routed as future captains. We're doing what we do with every kid who has a couple good games.

Almost everyone mentioned was referred to as the next big thing here. Some were even routed as future captains. We're doing what we do with every kid who has a couple good games.

That's the position we find ourselves in at present. Fans are desperate to see one of our own go on and claim a first team shirt, however the fans are also too quick to judge a player whether in a positive or negative way.

I personally have seen all the players you mentioned many times both at youth and reserve level and believe they all could have contributed to the team.