Peralta On Mccoist

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Ally as a player. UEFA changed the rules about who 'can' win the Golden Boot because of Ally. Can't have a player/team from Scotland win it.. so let's change the rules. imho of course...

Anyone thinks that Ally wasn't a great striker needs their head looked at (tu)

EDIT: Basically a ball goes in off our arse in the EPL.. you get 2 pts... a 35 yard screamer into the top corner in Scotland 1pt. (Not sure of the points anymore.. but something like that)

Matt McKay was decent enough for the SPL if he was given a chance.

He still represents Australia in major tournaments.

I was underwhelmed by his performances, but good luck to the guy if he's turned things around for the better in his career.

I was underwhelmed by his performances, but good luck to the guy if he's turned things around for the better in his career.

He's was let go in Korea after leaving us then went to a chinese side where he also had his contract terminated early. He's back playing in Australia now. He looks to be a regular in the Australia squad but doesn't seem to get much game time.

He's was let go in Korea after leaving us then went to a chinese side where he also had his contract terminated early. He's back playing in Australia now. He looks to be a regular in the Australia squad but doesn't seem to get much game time.

Matt McKay - underwhelming all over the world.

... Oh dear - you really need to get a grip if you don't realise Ally ( golden boot winner) was a great player - even if you hate him it's pretty petty to try to deny that! Then again you seem to be representative of the modern fan who hates everything about out club!

I ask again. Boyd scored loads of goals. Is boyd a great player???

Was ally great enuff to put the club BEFORE HIMSELF as well as getting on the end of chances created by others to score??

Mccostalot was a technically gifted player. Better that boyd. But such things as golden boot awards belong more to the whole team in my view.

Was ally great enuff to put the club BEFORE HIMSELF as well as getting on the end of chances created by others to score??

Mccostalot was a technically gifted player. Better that boyd. But such things as golden boot awards belong more to the whole team in my view.

awoken.gif

As I said - fucking sad!

About Ally as a player. UEFA changed the rules about who 'can' win the Golden Boot because of Ally. Can't have a player/team from Scotland win it.. so let's change the rules. imho of course...

Anyone thinks that Ally wasn't a great striker needs their head looked at (tu)

EDIT: Basically a ball goes in off our arse in the EPL.. you get 2 pts... a 35 yard screamer into the top corner in Scotland 1pt. (Not sure of the points anymore.. but something like that)

Pretty sure it had nothing to do with McCoist. Also don't think he technically never won it because it was suspended the 2 years he would have.

Pretty sure it had nothing to do with McCoist. Also don't think he technically never won it because it was suspended the 2 years he would have.

It had quite a bit to do with him. It was sometimes being won by players in perceived weaker leagues so they handicapped it.

It was presented by a french magazine (l'equipe) but the Cyprus FA protested it in 91 so they never physically presented an award but still acknowledged the winner of it.

no I cannot believe he didnt care

he just lost his way

Seb Faure said "the coaches here know how to do things right. If they decide to give the players the hairdryer treatment they do so and the fun stops". Funny noone ever quotes that bit of the interview but always misquote the bit about fitness training being optional (it was never said in the interview)