Mark Warburton Open To Rangers Job Discussions

WATBB

I think the obvious job vacancies will be filled as follows:-

Derby County: Paul Clement

Newcastle: Steve McClaren

Sunderland: David Moyes

Sheffield United: Phil Brown

I don't see a job for Warburton until after the season starts and managers start getting fired.

Phil Brown to Sheffield Utd would be another logical move if they can't get Parkinson. He's really rebuilt his reputation at Southend hasn't he?

He doesn't seem as arrogant as he used to, certainly seems to have mellowed with experience and age.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the obvious job vacancies will be filled as follows:-

Derby County: Paul Clement

Newcastle: Steve McClaren

Sunderland: David Moyes

Sheffield United: Phil Brown

I don't see a job for Warburton until after the season starts and managers start getting fired.

Sunderland is a possibility but all other avenues down south seem closed I'd agree. His technical director McParland just took a job at Burnley who obviously aren't sacking Dyche so there's a good chance that either Warburton doesn't have a solid offer yet or we might have taken McParland too.

Phil Brown to Sheffield Utd would be another logical move if they can't get Parkinson. He's really rebuilt his reputation at Southend hasn't he?

He doesn't seem as arrogant as he used to, certainly seems to have mellowed with experience and age.

Agreed. Southend kept something like 25 clean sheets last season so he certainly knows how to organise a team.

And he is hankering for a bigger job so I certainly see him applying.

Take or ignore but as I understand talks with his representative today as I say no offer had been made . I think obviously it's a harder sell depending on the result.

Could be easier, the board might turn round and say "don't worry about the shite on the pitch most of them will be gone by the time you get here"...

Sunderland is a possibility but all other avenues down south seem closed I'd agree. His technical director McParland just took a job at Burnley who obviously aren't sacking Dyche so there's a good chance that either Warburton doesn't have a solid offer yet or we might have taken McParland too.

Dyche being linked with Sunderland now so Warburton might well end up at Burnley with his mate.

Think this is a stick on now.

Which I'm happy about.

Weir was asked directly and he completely diverted the question.

From what little I hear it's a much more difficult sell now , I think despite the huge size of the club and its history because of the state of Scottish football it's a tough as a top flight side.

If we had got promoted, would be more than likely in Europe next season, now we only have the cup as a chance to get in, and other weeks will be playing pish.

I think they will stick with mccall, probably cheaper option as well

If we had got promoted, would be more than likely in Europe next season, now we only have the cup as a chance to get in, and other weeks will be playing pish.

I think they will stick with mccall, probably cheaper option as well

I don't think it will be McCall, he has show in the last few games that he is not good enough tbh. I am greatful to him for trying, but he didn't do well enough, we know that, he knows that and the board know that.

King doesn't come across as in the skrimping mood, and i think he will make the right choice and spend the money, he simply has too, getting a great mamagement team could prove vital for attracting the caliber of player we will want!

I don't think they will touch us with a barge pole.

We have got so much rebuilding to do, and with hibs in the championship, if they lose a few games at the start the fans will turn on them. I'm just being honest. Rangers need to win games, its that simple, we all know it.

Warburton doesnt look like the kinda guy who has that mentality to be a club at the top.

Really don't know who I would want in

We are lost at the moment.

King fannying about hasn't helped, plus all this mike Ashley shite going on, whole new team needed, who club needs sorted out from top to bottom

Terrible times, lowest I have felt in a long time.

I don't think they will touch us with a barge pole.

We have got so much rebuilding to do, and with hibs in the championship, if they lose a few games at the start the fans will turn on them. I'm just being honest. Rangers need to win games, its that simple, we all know it.

Warburton doesnt look like the kinda guy who has that mentality to be a club at the top.

Really don't know who I would want in

We are lost at the moment.

King fannying about hasn't helped, plus all this mike Ashley shite going on, whole new team needed, who club needs sorted out from top to bottom

Terrible times, lowest I have felt in a long time.

We aren't a club at the top though, we are utter fucking shite right now, we are far from what we used to be.

We aren't a club at the top though, we are utter fucking shite right now, we are far from what we used to be.

I mean a team who has the mentality to win every game home and away, who expects to win every game , who's fans demand they win every game

We lost so much of that under fat Judas.

I suppose at least Davis weir would know what was expected if they did come in

I'm not plugging the "rangers men" regime but don't know if an ex Brentford manager is going to sort us out.