Two Final Candidates For Rangers Job - Mccall & Warburton

Mark Warburton and Stuart McCall are the final two candidates for the Rangers managerial job, according to a report.

View image | gettyimages.com

Mark Warburton could be just 48 hours away from being announced as the new Rangers manager, according to The Scottish Sun.

It has been reported by the British tabloid that the former Brentford boss is one of just two remaining candidates for the job.

Former Motherwell manager Stuart McCall is the other candidate, having been in charge of the Gers since March.

The Scottish Sun claim that a formal announcement will be made by Rangers on Monday after negotiations over the weekend.

Warburton did a remarkable job at Brentford and guided the Bees to a top-six finish in the English Championship in the recently concluded 2014-15 season.

Brentford are not a big club and did not have a great team, but the Englishman got the best out of the players and fared much better than expected.

McCall did a similarly brilliant job at Rangers, leading the Gers to the Scottish Premiership playoff final.

SEE ALSO: Rangers target leaves his current club

When the former Motherwell boss was handed the Rangers job in mid-March, there were doubts whether the team would be able to finish in the playoffs.

McCall did what he did over the following months with a squad he inherited; he is likely to do much more if he gets to sign his own players.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't mind either way. Honestly not too familiar with Warburton. I think McCall would actually be good for us if he gets a full season and is allowed to bring in players he wants. He turned us around but the players just weren't interested.

I'll lose a hell of a lot of faith in this board if they go with McCall, it would smack of short termism.

Now is the time to break away from this jobs for the boys pish and get someone in to drag this club into the 21st century. If we don't take this chance now we never will.

Seems logical.

It's not like we have folk clamouring for the job and it needs to happen now. If we don't get Warburton then it makes sense to crack on with McCall.

Imo timing is most important thing now.eeking it out another month could be disastrous

It's embarrassing if McCall is the back up option given the absolute mess he made of his chance a matter of months ago. Billy Davies is a million times the manager McCall is and is desperate for the job. I have a feeling King and Murray don't have the balls to appoint Davies and would much rather a yes type in McCall.

It's embarrassing if McCall is the back up option given the absolute mess he made of his chance a matter of months ago. Billy Davies is a million times the manager McCall is and is desperate for the job. I have a feeling King and Murray don't have the balls to appoint Davies and would much rather a yes type in McCall.

Hi Billy,

No-one wants you anywhere near the Rangers job.

Bye Billy.

I'll lose a hell of a lot of faith in this board if they go with McCall, it would smack of short termism.

Now is the time to break away from this jobs for the boys pish and get someone in to drag this club into the 21st century. If we don't take this chance now we never will.

Spot on. McCall is a great guy but we need something new.

Hi Billy,

No-one wants you anywhere near the Rangers job.

Bye Billy.

Some seem to ignore the absolute car crash his last spell at Forest was, there would be very few fans, players, staff or media involved who weren't glad to see the back of the paranoid mess that he has become.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Garry-Birtles-m-delighted-Billy-Davies-Nottingham/story-20857435-detail/story.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/10718866/Billy-Davies-was-destined-for-failure-at-Nottingham-Forest-after-a-year-of-drama-fallouts-and-media-blackouts.html

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1175-march-2014/11349-billy-davies-pays-price-for-his-forest-vendetta

Just got my renewal in .What a royal fuck up ,these two are making of this .

It's going to be McCall as I said many months ago .

Underwhelmed and insulted is how I feel .

King and Murray are just completely hopeless as far as I'm concerned ,hate Ashley as much as Shyte but these two

still bullshitting us and with no new players in for the new season yet .And we are expected to believe these two are the guys to take us forward .

Depressing

After the funding discussion the other day, it will be the cheapest option McColl or Warburton, then a rush to find free transfers on low wages so we have a team before season starts. We are in such a mess, we are going to struggle to get out of this league. Pissed off doesn't come close.

Just got my renewal in .What a royal fuck up ,these two are making of this .

It's going to be McCall as I said many months ago .

Underwhelmed and insulted is how I feel .

King and Murray are just completely hopeless as far as I'm concerned ,hate Ashley as much as Shyte but these two

still bullshitting us and with no new players in for the new season yet .And we are expected to believe these two are the guys to take us forward .

Depressing

Let's actually wait until someone has been appointed first before going all drama queen, chief.

It's absolutely destroyed his reputation.

Here's a manager who was basically gauranteed to get you a play off place if he was in charge and was linked with every vacancy that came up, yet a year after leaving there he's barely been linked with any job that's come up since.