Two Final Candidates For Rangers Job - Mccall & Warburton

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone who had some pedigree of success. Warburton has achieved the square root off fuck-all and couldn't even see out two years in his first and only managerial role.

The only thing in his favour is that he's not a "Rangers man"

whats it like to live life with such a negative outlook?

Success? He has had 2 years in management, in his first year he got Brentford automatic promotion. In his second he took a Brentford side, that weren't expected to be anywhere near the top, in to the play offs for the Premiership (despite him and his squad knowing for months he wouldn't be there beyond the end of the season).

Thats pretty successful.

You are forgetting where we are.

I can assure you I'm not forgetting at all.

So you agree that he's won nothing and lasted only 18 months before leaving "by mutual consent" which is usually a nice way of being sacked (as PLG was).

So you agree that he's won nothing and lasted only 18 months before leaving "by mutual consent" which is usually a nice way of being sacked (as PLG was).

Can i ask you bud, who do you want as our next manager ?

Won promotion.

Fuckin hell man its actually painful to read when folk on here attempt to hint/argue that Warburton was punted from Brentford.

I don't think McCall is ideal but I know he would win promotion with his own team and a pre-season and full season, after that nobody knows. With Warburton its even less of a certainty what he will do. He almost but didn't manage to win something. Whereas McCall never had a full run at almost but not winning something.

Neither choice is overwhelming me.

Won promotion.

Fuckin hell man its actually painful to read when folk on here attempt to hint/argue that Warburton was punted from Brentford.

Don't talk shite mate. He clearly failed by not winning the FA Cup and League cup with Brentford.

They way you are talking and your username seem to link together. There's supposed to be an "h" in beast though.

They way you are talking and your username seem to link together. There's supposed to be an "h" in beast though.

Aye funny cunt.

So me wanting the best manager possible for Rangers equates to me being a tarrier does it?

Away and play with the buses.

Can i ask you bud, who do you want as our next manager ?

I don't have an answer to that. However I'm positive if it was opened for applications we'd have more proven candidates with better pedigrees than either McCall or Warburton.

He left "by mutual consent" because the owner wanted to go down the route of a continental structure and mathematical approach to players performances and the recruitment of players also . It wasn't his way of thinking so he decided to leave , I can only see this as a positive as he is sticking to his principles.

He left "by mutual consent" because the owner wanted to go down the route of a continental structure and mathematical approach to players performances and the recruitment of players also . It wasn't his way of thinking so he decided to leave , I can only see this as a positive as he is sticking to his principles.

This exactly:

The statistics are so reliable that even hedge funds risk their cash on some of the sporting events analysed by Benham’s team. In return, they take a cut.

It is this obsession with statistics that has led to the disagreement. Benham’s proposed employment of an Italian set-piece coach last year met with fierce resistance by Warburton. Brentford is Moneyball — the famous strategy used by Billy Beane at the Oakland Athletics baseball club — with bells on.

‘I’m going to be angry at certain times, but you have to deal with it,’ said Warburton. ‘There are certain things where you either stand up to it or you say no. For me it wouldn’t have worked.

‘The club wanted to go a certain direction. It’s a risk for them, but I’m sure they’ve put a lot of thought and planning into it. People say I’ve taken a very professional attitude but you have to respect the fact that someone’s put so much money into the football club and put it into this state of health.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3070921/Brentford-boss-Mark-Warburton-axed-leads-club-Premier-League-play-offs.html#ixzz3cxUmDncm

I think they are both good candidates. Though I prefer Warburton u also feel McCall good do an excellent job and deserves the opportunity to build a team and take it to the top of the league and into europe. I don't believe they will decide based on cost, the new manager will be selected because in their assessments he was the strongest candidate. It obviously hasn't been an easy decision