Stuart Mccall

markem

It looks increasingly likely that Stuart hasn't been successful. He wasn't my choice and in honesty I am relieved this is the case. I admit to having picked fault in some of his thinking and decisions during his short tenure, I am sure I am not alone in that. I do think it is time to remember however that he inherited a complete shambles with which he done his best, could many have done better? When the dust finally settles on this horrendous few years SM should not be cast as one of the villains.

Good luck to him, he can imo leave with his head high and I guess I speak for most in saying he will always be welcome back.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

Said earlier on that he conducted himself how a Rangers Manager should. It wasn't his team and he came in at a tough time, not to mention how difficult the play-offs actually were. Something I think most, myself included, underestimated.

I wish him all the best in the future, he's a good man.

Has anyone even suggested he is a 'one of the villains'? If they have they're at it.

He simply wasn't good enough I hold no I'll will towards him for that. He came when we couldn't get much lower and did his best. That'll do me.

Good luck Stuart.

Agreed.

Said earlier on that he conducted himself how a Rangers Manager should. It wasn't his team and he came in at a tough time, not to mention how difficult the play-offs actually were. Something I think most, myself included, underestimated.

I wish him all the best in the future, he's a good man.

I do feel a bit sorry for him, it wasn't a great position to be in. I don't think he actually did poorly with us (even though some disagree and his stats looked worse). He became manager when the team was at it's lowest, a team that needed to be completely gutted with huge turmoil going on off the pitch.

Hope he does well in future

He at least had the balls to put himself on a hiding to nothing by stirring McCoists shit around to resemble a team of sorts, McCoist left us in some nic but todays not the day for that.

Good luck Stuart in whatever line your work takes you.

Good luck Stuart , forever a Rangers legend in my eyes . You done your best , maybe not good enough but the squad you inherited was just simply one of the worst in our history , but you came at a time when we needed something to change to give us any hope of promotion . Best of luck in your future career , and here is hoping you are caught in stands celebrating another Rangers premier league title sooner rather than later

Has anyone even suggested he is a 'one of the villains'? If they have they're at it.

He simply wasn't good enough I hold no I'll will towards him for that. He came when we couldn't get much lower and did his best. That'll do me.

Good luck Stuart.

I doubt him being described as 'the ginger McCoist' was meant fondly.

One or two seem to regard him as a villain, but I'm glad most are realistic.

Cheers, Stuart, best wishes.

It looks increasingly likely that Stuart hasn't been successful. He wasn't my choice and in honesty I am relieved this is the case. I admit to having picked fault in some of his thinking and decisions during his short tenure, I am sure I am not alone in that. I do think it is time to remember however that he inherited a complete shambles with which he done his best, could many have done better? When the dust finally settles on this horrendous few years SM should not be cast as one of the villains.

Good luck to him, he can imo leave with his head high and I guess I speak for most in saying he will always be welcome back.

He picked up the bits of a shattered squad and got the best out of our players to ensure we got past a very trickey tie against Qots and a very hungry and talented Hibs squad. He fell at the final hurdle against a Motherwell team with a strong core of players like McManus, McDonald. Erwin but he is no way responsible for the utter fuck up the last year has been. If he was in at the start of the season I think we would have been promoted.

Goodluck to Stuart.

He stepped up when he didn't have to.

Unfortunately he failed in the2 tasks set him, we didn't achieve 2nd place & then we didn't get through the playoffs.

As much as I'm thankful for his efforts, they were in vain and we had to look elsewhere

Wish McCall all the best. Tried hard but was dealt a shit hand. Personally don't think he had what we needed and unfortunately for all of us that's the way it panned out.

So let's look forward to the future with some optimism, see what this management team deliver in the way of a defined way of playing, a regime and leadership that sets out to play that way as best as possible and players that can deliver with some determination to win. If he can pick-up the players that have some level of skill that fits the system then we should all be much happier.