Tommy Mcclean

Do many of you remember the wee man? Thought he was a cracking winger that could deliver great ball into the box. I watched him as I was growing up as a boy and he was popular among the fans who sung the Rupert the bear song to his name.

Any memories of him ?

Excuse the spelling.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do many of you remember the wee man? Thought he was a cracking winger that could deliver great ball into the box. I watched him as I was growing up as a boy and he was popular among the fans who sung the Rupert the bear song to his name.

Any memories of him ? Great player for us in 70s .Amazing record with Killie and Rangers .Never forget his goal in the 3-0 OF game in 1975 at Ibrox when we stopped 10 .He was still at Ibrox in the early 80s when his time has passed well before .

Excuse the spelling.

He scored more goals for Killie than he did for us.

I can remember him coming in the early 70's and him being a tricky wee winger firing balls in for Parlane and Johnstone to attack with the heid.

I only have good memories cos I was only a wean of about 7 or 8 when I first saw him.

Any memories of him ?

Excuse the spelling.

Tommy , Tommy McLean , everyone knows his name' -- sung to the tune of Rupert the bear.

Brilliant winger , but a bit of a shitebag when it came to a 50/50 tackle.

Brilliant winger , but a bit of a shitebag when it came to a 50/50 tackle.

That's how I remember him, being a terrific crosser of the ball and only 4 foot nothing on his tip toes I could forgive him for not liking the physical side when it really was a physical game back in the day.

The wee man was quick despite those wee legs.

listen to that roar after the goal went in .The young guys will never ever imagine and know what bedlam happened in those days .From the other end .It was like mass bodies moving about like mental .Then a split second later the sound would come and it was amazing .One of the things that set the old firm game apart from any other .Shame we don't experience that anymore

listen to that roar after the goal went in .The young guys will never ever imagine and know what bedlam happened in those days .From the other end .It was like mass bodies moving about like mental .Then a split second later the sound would come and it was amazing .One of the things that set the old firm game apart from any other .Shame we don't experience that anymore

Problem is when you seen it "they" had scored :anguish:

I remember one game, I think it was Tommy McClean, where he bent to place the ball for a free kick, & sent it in the box almost out of his hands while still bent over. Cant remember if it resulted in a goal, never seen that before or since.