Petrofac Training Cup

wully

Surely the early rounds will act as a warm up for the league. He'll want the team to gel and it's better to do that in petrofac cup than against St Mirren at ibrox for league day 1.

Whether it's youths or not will largely depend on who we sign between now and then and whether the remnants of the first team squad are up to warburtons standards.

With a small group of first team players that will be around 24 in number i'd prefer we concentrated on competitions that really mattered. Isn't worth the risk of first team players picking up injuries against diddy teams.

Play the younger players whenever we aren't up against one of the larger clubs/in the early rounds to give them a chance to impress I say.

With a small group of first team players that will be around 24 in number i'd prefer we concentrated on competitions that really mattered. Isn't worth the risk of first team players picking up injuries against diddy teams.

Play the younger players whenever we aren't up against one of the larger clubs/in the early rounds to give them a chance to impress I say.

How can you say that with YOUR signature???

We are Rangers. We should win everything.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this will be our last ever chance to win it. I'd be devastated if we never won it tbh, just for the fact we'll never gettin chance again.

I agree. I think this trophy is more important than the league cup this year.

Was not one of the main points we were all happy dropping to the 3rd division was so we could become the first team to win every trophy in our country?

A lot of people seem to have forgotten that.

How can you say that with YOUR signature???

We are Rangers. We should win everything.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try and win it. Of course we should!

I just wouldn't risk a full first team against shitey wee teams in the early rounds for what is essentially a diddy cup that we won't make much from financially.

I agree. I think this trophy is more important than the league cup this year.

Was not one of the main points we were all happy dropping to the 3rd division was so we could become the first team to win every trophy in our country?

A lot of people seem to have forgotten that.

I rate this cup alongside the Tennents sixes, waste of time.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try and win it. Of course we should!

I just wouldn't risk a full first team against shitey wee teams in the early rounds for what is essentially a diddy cup that we won't make much from financially.

Would love to add this one too our massive haul.

The world's most successful football team has won every trophy at every level they have ever played out. That would be worthy of a poster on the wall next to a scum shop.

Would love to add this one too our massive haul.

The world's most successful football team has won every trophy at every level they have ever played out. That would be worthy of a poster on the wall next to a scum shop.

I'd much rather concentrate on the Scottish Cup and get ourselves a place in European football ASAP.

Every cup counts though, and I'm sure whoever plays for us in the PTC will give their all to win it.

I'd much rather concentrate on the Scottish Cup and get ourselves a place in European football ASAP.

Every cup counts though, and I'm sure whoever plays for us in the PTC will give their all to win it.

Let's hope so! Hopefully, it's our last ever chance to win it too.

I rate this cup alongside the Tennents sixes, waste of time.

I agree, it's not worth anything on it's own. But it has been 3 years we have tried to win it, and if we win it and the championship this year, then we will be the first club in the world to ever win every competition available.

That is what our club is all about - winning EVERYTHING.

If we don't win these two trophies this time round, then what has been the point of the last 3 years?

I agree, it's not worth anything on it's own. But it has been 3 years we have tried to win it, and if we win it and the championship this year, then we will be the first club in the world to ever win every competition available.

If we don't win these two trophies this time round, then what has been the point of the last 3 years?

We've already lifted the championship trophy 47 times - more than anyone else - it's just the Challenge cup the only trophy in Scotland we've still to win.

We've already lifted the championship trophy 47 times - more than anyone else - it's just the Challenge cup the only trophy in Scotland we've still to win.

Fair point, I forgot the Spl trophy was introduced when the Spl was introduced.

Aye, one trophy, a diddy trophy, but a must win trophy. It will be embarrassing if we fail at it 4 times in a row.

That trophy must be won this year.

That's not true. Many teams have won all competitions available in a season including European trophies (like the tims unfortunately who also won the Glasgow Cup that year :anguish: )

If you mean all competitions a team in has competed in over periods of years, that would be practically impossible.For instance we never won the Anglo-Scottish cup.

(Please clarify and explain if I am wrong)

That's not true. Many teams have won all competitions available in a season including European trophies (like the tims unfortunately who also won the Glasgow Cup that year :anguish: )

If you mean all competitions a team in has competed in over periods of years, that would be practically impossible.For instance we never won the Anglo-Scottish cup.

(Please clarify and explain if I am wrong)

Every pro league and cup in our country.