Still No Scouting Network

I'd imagine plans are in place now with regards to a Scouting Network, things like this can't justbe magically built, II'm sure Rangers will now have information coming to the club with regards of players, the problem is that they are years behind a lot of other big clubs who'll be shopping in the same markets so it'll take a bit if time before we can hope to get 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th picks from some of these markets, when we do we'll need to show that moving to Rangers can be a good career move for these players

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When will folk realise Kingco will not do anything that involves spending money until the ST cash is in and folk are committed.

They will spend plenty then.

It's how their scam is designed to work.

The irony is, when they do, the usual suspects will applaud them and say "told you they would spend"

Pure sleight of hand.

When will folk realise Kingco will not do anything that involves spending money until the ST cash is in and folk are committed.

The irony is, when they do, the usual suspects will applaud them and say "told you they would spend"

Pure sleight of hand.

Sadly, you are correct.

There are plenty priorities right now.

Getting players in now and getting them fit and up to speed for season kick off is top of the list. We can use contacts for that but its too late in the day for any new scouting department to be installed and be influential.

The scouting situation really needs sorted just after we've done as much as we can this transfer window.

I'll give the board until the Jan window to have suitably restructured it.

Pure sleight of hand.

The fantasy that any investor would invest without fans investing is laughable. I have no problem with investors waiting to see fans invest.

I have a problem with King and his associates creating a boycott which now seems permanent.

Please forgive some of us for expecting the new board to be better than the old one.

The new board have employed a manager well qualified to set up a scouting network. Surely that is a step in the right direction. Previous boards sacked our head scout, played lip service to setting up a network and let Ally bring in overpaid mercanaries.

I don't really see that getting a scouting network up and running and productive - as in being able to recommend players that the management team would want to sign - would have been worthwhile in the short term, I would imagine that weir and Warburton are using contacts they already have in the game to look at players at this stage in time.

Yes it needs addressed but I would expect it wouldn't be fruitful until the next transfer window anyway, and I'm sure it will be addressed - can't see them having taken on the job without assurance that certain roles at the club will be filled

We've actually taken on a new Scout in past few days. Jim Thomson from Queens Park. Scout there for 20 years. Close friend of my wife's mother, can't find much about him online but he's in this photo.

http://youths.queensparkfc.co.uk/?page_id=142

Didn't the LB at Hull come from them originally?

Good news, I take it he's working for free...

I'm not sure many could cope if this board are found to be spending money on improving the club.

What's your source?

My wife's mum told her today mate. She text me to tell me. Didn't even know the guy was a scout, met him a few times. Nice guy, must be a decent scout aswell if he's kept that job for so long!

Rather pointless for a board to appoint Scouts when a new manager can come in and appoint his own, still lets blame the New Board

So every new manager that starts at a new club brings his own scouting entourage with him?

So every new manager that starts at a new club brings his own scouting entourage with him?

I assume most managers have their own personal contacts.

I agree we should have a network that each new manager could rely on. That will take time, like most things worth doing.

BP9 has backed a winner at last and he WILL make us suffer.

That said, I do have a gut feeling MW will make us seriously good. This man is different and I bet he was up against a few jealous bastards down South as no doubt he will face a few up here. All just waiting to knock him off the perch.

There is plenty of good young talent out there. Some who were not a face and cast aside and some just needing a second chance under a decent coach. He will already have a network out there and we now have it as the Rangers network, to invest in it and build on it and we can reap the rewards.

He can't just pull players out of a hat and I would rather he wait for what is right and it will pay out long term. We will have enough to kick off the campaign and no doubt a bumpy ride to begin with, but then watch us take off.

I just have faith in the guy and like what he is all about.

I assume most managers have their own personal contacts.

I agree we should have a network that each new manager could rely on. That will take time, like most things worth doing.

Agreed - a new guy will come in and (hopefully) augment what's there with his own contacts.

Also, IF we'd had a network in place, MW would have inherited & had to work with it (as we say, along with his own contacts).

In one respect, it might make sense to let MW bring in his own people, however, I think we need to hit the ground running this season & we may need people in before MW has had the chance to get the right folk in place.

In another, managers are pretty transient (albeit, we are one of the least likely to ditch one), so infrastructures need to be built to ride out their comings & goings & we've had enough time to see some movement in that regard.

Agreed - a new guy will come in and (hopefully) augment what's there with his own contacts.

Also, IF we'd had a network in place, MW would have inherited & had to work with it (as we say, along with his own contacts).

In one respect, it might make sense to let MW bring in his own people, however, I think we need to hit the ground running this season & we may need people in before MW has had the chance to get the right folk in place.

In another, managers are pretty transient (albeit, we are one of the least likely to ditch one), so infrastructures need to be built to ride out their comings & goings & we've had enough time to see some movement in that regard.

Good points, given that there is seemingly nothing in place, my hope is that Warburton can set up the network/recruitment/youth/development/training side well enough that the philosophy runs through everything and everyone involved so that if he gets an offer from down south that's too good, we will be able to appoint a manager to continue with it (and develop it) a bit like Swansea managed...

Good points, given that there is seemingly nothing in place, my hope is that Warburton can set up the network/recruitment/youth/development/training side well enough that the philosophy runs through everything and everyone involved so that if he gets an offer from down south that's too good, we will be able to appoint a manager to continue with it (and develop it) a bit like Swansea managed...

That would be great, you could add Southampton to Swansea, as well, & we're thinking on the same (& I think, right!) lines.

This isn't likely come soon enough for getting this season underway, though & it puts more pressure on MW from day one, in terms of getting the right people in to get us off to a good start.