Still No Scouting Network

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i will, especially given how you backed the failed manager who threw money at everything, and still failed

I was wrong Jim. Sorry. I thought it was best to be supportive towards the team and manager, a man I respected. That's just how I show my support. Have you ever been wrong?

I'm backing Warburton now. You carry on living in the past though mate.

he didnt, he said we shouldnt have, thats my point, his vocal backing of mccoist on here is a complete turn around from his comment about being prudent

in the last 3 years mccoist wasted more money than any other rangers manager in history

I'm saying shouldn't we have learned our lessons by now, or do you think we should repeat the same mistakes?

Good to know. always good to get an opinion weighed on a thread.

I don't know what happened to you mate. You used to be quite sensible, and funny. Now you are just a tedious, negative bore.

I've made my point, so I'll leave you to it. (tu)

It's embarrassing that we still don't have a scouting network but maybe when the board identified Warburton or Cathro as possible managers with the background they have wanted to sit down and discuss the best way forward, rather than just employing folk to fill positions.

Unfortunately I don't think this issue will be sorted until after the transfer window has closed as Warburton and Weir will be focusing on getting playing staff in and our new playing philosophy drilled out in training.

I don't know what happened to you mate. You used to be quite sensible, and funny. Now you are just a tedious, negative bore.

I've made my point, so I'll leave you to it. (tu)

Another opinion weighed by the boards weigher of opinions, Well done once again.

I'm saying shouldn't we have learned our lessons by now, or do you think we should repeat the same mistakes?

so running up a 30mill debt and having Lloyds in charge wasnt a good chance to learn our lesson, or even administration wasnt a good time to learn our lesson?

i thought so, but you didnt given you backed the clown that tried to spend 21million to win 2 part time leagues and the scottish championship

so running up a 30mill debt and having Lloyds in charge wasnt a good chance to learn our lesson, or even administration wasnt a good time to learn our lesson?

i thought so, but you didnt given you backed the clown that tried to spend 21million to win 2 part time leagues and the scottish championship

I apologised Jim. I'm a terrible human being.

Also my point was about supporters learning. The board do seem to have learnt lessons, they aren't just pissing money away, yet some fans are criticising them for it.

I think you agree that we shouldn't be mindlessly throwing money at a scouting network, instead we should be prudent about it and trust MW to lay the foundations...?

In my heady days as a youth team manager, the majority of Scottish scouts disgusted me and I found Ranger's scouts to be of the worst kind. I personally knew a few at our club and the rule of the day was a players height. One took me aside and explained that if the boy wasn't a face even with the height then he had no chance long term ie. a distant relative of the establishment, Watty's nephew 23 times removed. I had an under 13's centre forward ex scum FC pro youth who had been moved on because of his lack of discipline and as I got to know him I understood this. He was the most talented young player I have ever seen. Couldn't get the ball off him and could sidestep anyone in front of him. Used to take the piss out of goalkeepers. The Rangers scout reported, TOO SMALL! He wasn't the tallest on the planet, but neither was he the smallest. The boy was so disillusioned he just dropped out of the game altogether and took to the streets.

I could tell a similar story on many a young talented player. In general, our youth system and scouting network up here is just incestuous and it reflects in the current standard of our product on offer at the top level. I am also very friendly with an ex SPL Manager and Scotland player and he reinforced my view. Destroying young talent and corrupt and rotten to the fucking core!

No, its not a managers remit and leaves the club open to backhanders for the manager to sign his friends recomendations

On the other hand he would be getting reports from people who he trusted but I get where your coming from.

It really should have been one of the first things done, if it's still not done when exactly is good enough for it to be done?

How come Hearts managed to sort their shit out so bloody quick and we still appear to be missing some basics for a football club to function?

See there's the rub, you, nor I know if there's been a lack of any movement or whether the board are diligently working away in the background to secure the people we need.

I'll certainly not wait 2.5 years to criticise the current board (unlike others on here who couldn't find their tounge to say anything bad about the old mob), but I'm not going tonto after 4 months either.

As I said, lacking balance otherwise (tu)

People haven't just started complaining about the scouting network. The majority on here have been complaining about it for a long time.

Al .I agree mate .I'm confident Warburton will get it right .What worries me

Are the club capable of giving Weir and himself the tools to function? .

This early and going by what Davie is saying .Maybe things aren't as smooth as they were hoping it was going to be .

I know we agree on many things .Your the optimist and maybe I'm the pessimist here .

Think things have to start happening very soon though .