*** Rm Erskine Fund - Season 15/16 Official Thread

govanblue

Brother Bears as I have said in the other thread veterans are doing the same as you all which is flocking back to the games. If you can please join the fund or donate a couple of quid to get these guys to the games and show them that you care and appreciate their service. Remember that when you go to bed at night to have a good kip these boys are still going through the trauma of their service to keep you and this country safe. WATP

When I first started working with Combat Stress, I had the impression that it was probably just a holiday camp where any ex-squaddie who wanted a two-week jolly could bluff his case and enjoy a nice spa. :pipe:

It was only gradually, after meeting some of the Residents, talking to them and hearing bits of their stories that I realised that it wasn't a jolly, and that the Residents were indeed well beyond the mental state that we normally define as "a bit stressed".

One guy's problems apparently stem from his experiences in Lockerbie, which was before many of our members were even born!

I'm no expert in PTSD, but here's a wee history lesson from 1918 of just how much damage a few loud bangs or a generally bad day can do to a man...

So if it can do that to your body, just imagine what it can do to your mind. :(

Modern Medicine is trying the best it can to fix them, but until they come up with a wonder cure, we'll have to stick to the traditional route of....

Magic.

3911591.jpg

So what is the total members now of this fine fund for people who know what a good blue cause is? :unsure: - I don't have the week it would take to work out......

All you need to do is click on the link in my signature...

RM Erskine Fund - Hall of Fame 2015/2016

And it will show you that we have 190 Members, 8 Wives, and 13 Pledged members :thumbup:

Close, but no cigar - yet! :pipe:

All you need to do is click on the link in my signature...

RM Erskine Fund - Hall of Fame 2015/2016

And it will show you that we have 190 Members, 8 Wives, and 13 Pledged members :thumbup:

Close, but no cigar - yet! :pipe:

Note to 13 pledged members - within touching distance of 200 members, which is a big milestone.

My cats wanted signed up, they saw all the good things and have been moany as f*ck until I did, now I am a happy man (eventually after using the right card!) as they have STFU. I must remember to update my Paypal more often.

I'm afraid you're not able to sign your cats up - that would just be ridiculous!

Mrs Malvern, on the other hand, can do whatever she likes! :thumbup:

I'm afraid you're not able to sign your cats up - that would just be ridiculous!

Mrs Malvern, on the other hand can do whatever she likes! :thumbup:

Mrs Malvern owns the cats and she says it is fine, what I have is theirs, all three of them. Now shut your arguing and get my cats names on that list dam it!

Brother Bears as I have said in the other thread veterans are doing the same as you all which is flocking back to the games. If you can please join the fund or donate a couple of quid to get these guys to the games and show them that you care and appreciate their service. Remember that when you go to bed at night to have a good kip these boys are still going through the trauma of their service to keep you and this country safe. WATP

Great post mate. (tu)

What's the bar on Cats all about. Mine is still waitin for the big 200 celebrations.

It's not really a bar on cats. It's more a bar on Malvern. :pipe:

It was a vain attempt to stop him donating - again. :lol:

But since it failed - again, then I guess we'll just need to relax our door policy.

lots-of-cats_zpse9b8be3d.jpg

Ffs GB. Keep these pests out of the fund. Fucking vermin. Worse than herring gulls and that's saying something.

I agree. (tu)

Ah, you're talking about the cats, not the OT Crew. :pipe:

Personally, I think cats are fine. As long as they're clean, catlike and of known parentage.

In other words, we don't want any dirty feline bastards. :pipe: