Rangers Dad's

My fa took me to my first game and it was a home international v Norn Ireland at Hampdump must have been around 1978 ....stood in the tarrier end drinkin his cargo with his mates

First Bears game was 1981 v Dungdee hibs..Scottish cup....then went to the replay an I got the jail jumping over the wall at the Rangers end..missed the game we won 4-1 I think..Ian Redford scored a few if I remember correctly

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wee man is 5 this year he is starting to take more interest... Got him booing at a young age anytime we went by the Tim shop in town haha this years gonna be his first year going regularly to football..

Last year in nursery he got a telling off as he called a boy wearing a Celtic top rubbish. Assistant asked him why he said it wee Carson said cause that's what my daddy says

Quite chuffed the way things have turned out.

My oldest , a daughter , went to her first game when she was 6 months old. Her mum went out and instead of the usual babysitting , it was a papoose ( ? ) , a dummy , and off to the match we went.

My oldest son , now 18 , went to his first game at 3 v Sturm Graz. He'd been used to watching Rangers on the telly and to say Rangersitus struck is an understatement. He hasn't looked back , probably to his own detriment . He's been a ST holder for about 10 years now , started a Twitter thing about ' On This Day Rangers ' at 15 and just started his own blog ' Rangers Today ' https://rangerstoday.wordpress.com( note the stealth plug ! ) .

Think his finest moment was when he was asked to be a contributor to the WATP magazine when he was still at school and continues to do so to this day. More of a FF person ( didn't claim to be the perfect dad ) but comes on here occasionally specially when there's some sort of quiz.

My youngest son , at 15 , is also a ST holder ( they're costing me a fortune ! ) . When the Rangers bricks first came out we decided as a family to get one each. Unfortunately for the youngest son it was months before he was born , so instead of leaving him out , we gambled. Lucky for us it wasn't a girl , or we'd have had to have called her Todd !

Three ST costing me a fortune , but I look on it as money in the bank as when my old age comes I hope it'll be them taking me to Ibrox and not the other way about.

Brilliant :clap: I am taking my 3yr old on Tuesday with his Godfather (my Best Mate) as we swore we would take him together with no women chattering just the boys. We drove by Ibrox on Wednesday on way to Loch Lomond and said you ready wee man for yer first game and his response was monster trucks so we have some work to do but we will make sure he has no choice but to watch the Gers even if they are monster trucks for a night!

I was always more of a Mammy's boy growing up but it was the trips to watch Rangers that cemented the good relationship and bond I have with my Dad, I can remember the first time he took us to Ibrox like it was yesterday. Good to hear a lot of of posters are enjoying taking their boys and girls trips to see the worlds most successful club.

My Dad is the staunchest most die hard bear I've ever met. You can mention any random game in the last 40 years and he'll tell you the score, describe the game and tell you who the scorers wew. The man bleeds and breathes red white amd blue.

he raised me right, enuff said.

And im a Rangers dad, i have a 4 year old who is going to grow up to be a staunch as fuck true blue,loves to go to the games with me and my dad, she shouts more than he does which is saying something.

But this season is the season to get the kids back into it, any child that goes to Ibrox for the Burnley game or the first league game at home will catch the Rangers bug because the Ibrox roar will return, so get the kids along to the Burnley and st midden games and show the weans what its all about!

Belter there. Took my wee yin for a haircut, and met a crash barrier I know from down my way. He's asking my boy if he likes football, and he got the usual reply, yes. rangers. Ibrox. Then he gets taken for his haircut. He's sat in the chair 2 seconds and he throws his arms up and shouts full pelt RANGERS!!! :lol: place was fucking mobbed tae. The brainwashing is definitely paying off.

Belter there. Took my wee yin for a haircut, and met a crash barrier I know from down my way. He's asking my boy if he likes football, and he got the usual reply, yes. rangers. Ibrox. Then he gets taken for his haircut. He's sat in the chair 2 seconds and he throws his arms up and shouts full pelt RANGERS!!! :lol: place was fucking mobbed tae. The brainwashing is definitely paying off.

Superb mate ??

Don't worry they know how great Rangers are. I've got a few reasons being the hatred I have and show towards other teams I'm not of the new age let's all be friends when it comes to football. My girls aren't ready to see me like that. And another is probably down to seeing that other lot and all their mhanky manly females fans done up like they are goin out for a night with a green and grey top on and rebel flags. I suppose their lack of class isn't gender specific but when I see them I Just think they are hate filled wee tramps. That could just be me and my hatred towards timmy that forms that opinion though.

I took my 10 year old daughter to her first game v Hibs at Easter Road this year. She absolutely loved it & is hooked. Think she was shocked to see her old man belting out the songbook but kept a lid on the swearing. Didnt stop her giggling away at the bears around giving it plenty, but thats all part of the fun of football. It's all about timing as imo there's not much point taking a really young wean to the game as they'll be bored as hell.

I took my 10 year old daughter to her first game v Hibs at Easter Road this year. She absolutely loved it & is hooked. Think she was shocked to see her old man belting out the songbook but kept a lid on the swearing. Didnt stop her giggling away at the bears around giving it plenty, but thats all part of the fun of football. It's all about timing as imo there's not much point taking a really young wean to the game as they'll be bored as hell.

The wee man was born into it.. If the girls grow into it fair enough 1 has asked for the red top ? but said no to going to watch us. If they do express a more serious interest they know there's only 1 choice and hopefully by then they will responsible enough to continue to carry themselves with class and will be able to ignore some of the hatred.

Have taken my children to Ibrox when on holiday back on Scotland. They get the big picture of the Scottish game and know who to cheer for but little besides. Do not attend games in bars/social clubs over here since I gave my word to my wife to stay sober and out of licensed premises so perhaps I have missed some important years. Thanks heavens for Rangers TV.

My oldest is 8 now and football daft. I haven't taken him to Ibrox yet but we've watched a rake of games on tv together and he's always watchin old videos on youtube (after stampylongnose of course). I hope and believe this season will fully ignite the fire. Encouraging thing as well is he plays for Troon and even among the boys, there's more support for us than there is for the dark side.

Not even support Leeds?

Nope. Don't have an English team, Leeds is just where I live currently. (didn't really think my user name through properly!)

If anyone I keep an eye out for the Preston scores because that's where I'm from - but it's only Rangers for me.

Brilliant :clap: I am taking my 3yr old on Tuesday with his Godfather (my Best Mate) as we swore we would take him together with no women chattering just the boys. We drove by Ibrox on Wednesday on way to Loch Lomond and said you ready wee man for yer first game and his response was monster trucks so we have some work to do but we will make sure he has no choice but to watch the Gers even if they are monster trucks for a night!

Monster Trucks Loyal :D

I hope he enjoys it.

The atmosphere , the shouting , the cheering , even that first time you walk up the stairs and seeing the pitch , all adds to the occasion , but you can't beat the moment a goal is scored. With a new ideology of attacking football I hope the wee man has plenty to cheer about.

And hope it's the first of many more visits.

My son has only just turned one last month so still got a while to wait but it will be one of the best moments of my life watching his wee face light up first time he enters Ibrox.

I'll never forget that feeling of walking up the stairs towards your seat and getting a glimpse of the pitch and fans for the first time, lives with you forever :21:

My son has only just turned one last month so still got a while to wait but it will be one of the best moments of my life watching his wee face light up first time he enters Ibrox.

I'll never forget that feeling of walking up the stairs towards your seat and getting a glimpse of the pitch and fans for the first time, lives with you forever :21:

Totally agree, I feel that same feeling everytime I walk up the stairs and view the pitch. But it's only about 10% of the feeling I got as a boy doing it for the first time... Will live with me forever.

If you think the weans wont last the whole game without getting bored theres nothing wrong with leaving a little early, at one game last season my daughter was getting bored around the 65 mins mark, so we left and I took her a walk around the stadium and showed her the Blue Gates, John Greig (who she knows as "The Legend with all the trophies" from a photo in his autobiography I have), and the players entrance, then took her for a munch then into the WRC which she loved. Kids will always eventually get bored, especially with an hour or more on the bus there and back and 90 mins sitting, the atmosphere is what makes games for kids.