Foderingham

Aye, a few of his kicks were slack, when pressed, he seems to dally too much on the ball..... But having said that, he's doing exactly what's required of him to play a attacking 4-3-3.

Some of his catching from corners and distribution in hand was superb. He hasn't been tested with a shot on target yet, and I reckon he'll be a decent shot stopper too (tu)

Really impressed with him, and the understanding will come with the rest of his team mates when he's on the ball, players need to show. We won't be punting it long under Warburton, within the next few weeks, the understanding will come IMO.

Great team performance first half, fantastic to be back and enjoying my footy at Ibrox :21:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are times when whacking the laces through it is the correct option.

Agreed, and by and large I thought he did that when required, when he had time, our players weren't showing as well as they should have IMO, making the team closing him down a lot easier.

Still early doors though, but I like the new style and it'll perfect the more games we play

He'll get more comfortable with the ball at his feet over the season. Next game might be tricky for us though

It's good that we're renting Alloa's pitch out though to train on it. Hearts did it last season and won there, while we didn't and failed to win there on a few occasions.

Aye, a few of his kicks were slack, when pressed, he seems to dally too much on the ball..... But having said that, he's doing exactly what's required of him to play a attacking 4-3-3.

Some of his catching from corners and distribution in hand was superb. He hasn't been tested with a shot on target yet, and I reckon he'll be a decent shot stopper too (tu)

Really impressed with him, and the understanding will come with the rest of his team mates when he's on the ball, players need to show. We won't be punting it long under Warburton, within the next few weeks, the understanding will come IMO.

Great team performance first half, fantastic to be back and enjoying my footy at Ibrox :21:

Spot on. We're having a few shaky moments but it is very early days and he is commanding his box when the ball is in the air, which is great to see.

I'm willing to give the defence time to gel. The goal today was our own fault and the penalty likewise. We need to tighten up at the back when not in possession, but it's difficult to do that and maintain the level of pressure we put on the opposition as well. Need to find a happy medium.

Tav needs to understand when to commit as well, a few times he flung himself in and his pace helped him recover, but when making those tackles in the box it has too be 100% or nothing.

He is a bit of a bombscare with the ball at his feet at times but his distribution is generally good and he is a big commanding keeper at crosses and corners, can't really comment on his shot stopping yet but I am confident he will be a good keeper for us.

The best thing about him is his self confidence, which isn't an easy thing with the job he has to do starting from the back.

With experience he'll learn to just punt it out on the rare occasion, but his handling in the air is a breath of fresh air after last Season.

Apart from that we don't actually know if he can make a save or not . :lol:

He's been told by Warbs to play that way. Sooner folk realise that the better. Tried to explain that at half time to the 2 goons behind me but they weren't having it.

And you can tell that it might not come natural to him, but Im confident that he will improve that part of his game as the season gets on.