Those Impressive Stats Again.

Possession 63%

Shots 24

On target 10

Against Peterhead it was 67%, 27 shots, 13 on target. So, standards are slipping. :pipe:

Against Hibs it was 53%, 10 shots and 6 on target, all of which were goals. However, that was the first competitive match together.

Three matches in, and Warburton's looking very like the right appointment.

Enthusiasm now oozes from every player and every corner of the stadium and indeed, every seat on a sell-out night.

He has certainly brought the feel good factor back, and what a style of play.

====================================

Addendum:

Vs Alloa

Possession 71%

Shots 18

On target 8

Was that not about the 55th minute? So they would hardly have been home and dry.

I haven't looked again but I thought it was around the 60 minute mark. I'm fully confident that had they scored, we would have piled forward even more and got another couple. We were absolutely all over them.

"AYE BUT IF ST MIRREN HAD SCORED THAT PENALTY THEY'D HAVE GOT A DESERVED DRAW AN AW THAT"

^^ the absolute guff I've seen from fannies on social media

Its pleasing on the eye. Its going to improve more with more games under our belt.

But it must have an effective outcome.

Neither game against Hivees and St Mirren was anywhere near as comfortable as scorelines suggest. A hivees goal when we were one down, or a penalty equaliser could and imo would have cost us points. That's the reality even if some dont want to face up to it, hear it said, or feel its pissing on the parade.

Yes I'm confident we'll win the league and I love the style of play.

An equaliser probably would have got a "deserved" point for them, deserved in the sense they countered our tactics and possession well and hurt us by being more clinical than us.

Its pleasing on the eye. Its going to improve more with more games under our belt.

Neither game against Hivees and St Mirren was anywhere near as comfortable as scorelines suggest. A hivees goal when we were one down, or a penalty equaliser could and imo would have cost us points. That's the reality even if some dont want to face up to it, hear it said, or feel its pissing on the parade.

An equaliser probably would have got a "deserved" point for them, deserved in the sense they countered our tactics and possession well and hurt us by being more clinical than us.

fuck off they deserved fuck all should've been out eh sight by the time they got the pen..

Agree with your final point but I disagree that the Hibs and St Mirren games weren't comfortable. In both we had greater possession, more shots on goal, more shots on target, more corners etc. 90 minute matches of football will move to and fro, it's the nature of the style we're now adopting and we'll show more control the more our players get used to it.

Barcelona have played this way for 30 years and still give teams chances in La Liga every single week - we're nowhere near as good (nor are our opponents as good as anyone in La Liga, of course - but the gap is smaller), so this will probably be the case week in week out until we get back into the Scottish Prem and invest further in quality for the team.

I actually think that last night, St Mirren were really lucky it wasn't 6 or 7. We missed some real sitters.

Eh! Look what happened when Hibs scored from a penalty. How long did it take us to restore the difference?

"AYE BUT IF ST MIRREN HAD SCORED THAT PENALTY THEY'D HAVE GOT A DESERVED DRAW AN AW THAT"

St Mirren deserved nothing. They were outplayed the entire game. They had one opportunity courtesy of a defensive lapse and, credit to them, they took it. Outside that they never looked seriously dangerous. I think some people think the opposition having the ball on our half during a game detracts from a great result.

If St. Mirren had bagged the penalty, they would've been hanging on for the point and given the chances we were creating and our fitness levels atm I would be more than confident of picking them off again.

There will be bumps along the way but we're at long last building that fear factor in again.

I really don't know what game you were watching last night, seriously.

The 'reality' is we were in complete control, they had one shot on target and they scored, it happens.

Going by your philosophy, we 'deserved' to beat Hibs 6-2 because we were more clinical than them, you can't have it both ways.

Why do we, as a fan base always look for the negatives when a positive comes around, we played those cunts off the pitch last night, that's the reality.

Possession 63%

Shots 24

On target 10

Against Peterhead it was 67%, 27 shots, 13 on target. So, standards are slipping. :pipe:

Against Hibs it was 53%, 10 shots and 6 on target, all of which were goals. However, that was the first competitive match together.

Enthusiasm now oozes from every player and every corner of the stadium and indeed, every seat on a sell-out night.

Law and Wilson were the only outfield players not to have a shot at goal.

As for Foderingham. Played the ball out 74% of the time rather than punt. Rangers retained posession 88% of the time. Although he did cause 35 heart attacks.

http://therangersreport.com/2015/08/08/analytical-match-report-rangers-3-st-mirren-1/

Rangers Report is a very good website for Stats.

I think we are going to see a lot of these type of games. Teams will score against us because we are set up to attack, but we will out score most teams. Fans need to remember that this is not the defensive philosophy of Walter on show at Ibrox any more. We are now a passing attacking team now, so we run the risks of every passing attacking team.

Was just going to say I'd seen a number of St Mirren fans saying that on that pieandbovril forum :lol: :lol: they had a decent spell for 15-20 minutes in the second half but they were lucky not to be horsed imo.

Possession 63%

Shots 24

On target 10

Must be the best start of any manager we've had in a while, with 3 straight wins?

Can't remember how Walter got on at the start of his second spell - I recall we won 5-0 against the Arabs in his first game back.

Law and Wilson were the only outfield players not to have a shot at goal.

As for Foderingham. Played the ball out 74% of the time rather than punt. Rangers retained posession 88% of the time. Although he did cause 35 heart attacks.

http://therangersreport.com/2015/08/08/analytical-match-report-rangers-3-st-mirren-1/

Rangers Report is a very good website for Stats.

It says on that website Wes has only had 1 save to make in 3 games and the opposing teams have only had 4 shots on target in total over 3 games.

That's impressive