Athletic Bilbao "a Proper Football Club"

GOAT

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a great bit in the Fall and Rise book where a suppusedly acceptable Spiers comment about them and their "heritage" has the words substituted for our equivalents - makes the point very well. I really don't know the answer, but I do know that this country makes me sick.

"They represent their region well"

How come this club gets treated like this but we dare celebrate the fact we're a Protestant football club we're sectarian bigots?

3 reasons

1. Social conditioning.
  2. Apathy
  3. Hatred from the real bigots in our society

If you stand up and say you are a devout and proud RC, you will be lauded, despite the shameful actions associated with this vile cult. If you say you are a staunch Protestant you will be labelled a bigot. We have allowed this to happen through apathy and not fighting back.

We have a allowed a minority religion within our country to control local and central government. the media and the judiciary.

We allowed them to actually change the meaning of Fenian, They actually changed its meaning in the dictionaries to mean a Roman Catholic in Scotland This then led to the furore about the Billy Boys song. A Fenian is not a religion and it never will be.,

The real bigots in this country are the Roman Catholics, They detest our very existence and their apartheid schooling system promotes sectarianism and bigotry, Why was my sons separated from their friends at the age of 5?

Why do children in some multi Campus schools need to enter through different doors?

Their conformation process is akin to brainwashing.

3 reasons

1. Social conditioning.
  2. Apathy

If you stand up and say you are a devout and proud RC, you will be lauded, despite the shameful actions associated with this vile cult. If you say you are a staunch Protestant you will be labelled a bigot. We have allowed this to happen through apathy and not fighting back.

We have a allowed a minority religion within our country to control local and central government. the media and the judiciary.

We allowed them to actually change the meaning of Fenian, They actually changed its meaning in the dictionaries to mean a Roman Catholic in Scotland This then led to the furore about the Billy Boys song. A Fenian is not a religion and it never will be.,

The real bigots in this country are the Roman Catholics, They detest our very existence and their apartheid schooling system promotes sectarianism and bigotry, Why was my sons separated from their friends at the age of 5?

Why do children in some multi Campus schools need to enter through different doors?

Well spoken CA, the truth has the answers as you have written, but the true bigots in our society see neither the truth nor any written word but their own dogma.

Brainwashed as you say, denying the right of free thought and the choice to decide, a terrible cult.

:uk:

3 reasons

1. Social conditioning.
  2. Apathy

Well said mate.

I've been the victim of major sectarian bile by Catholic Celtic twats purely because I didn't follow their line. Called all sort - even word and phrases that (at that time) I had no idea what they meant.

There's a massive problem within that section of society and it seriously pisses me off that the authorities are going after the wrong people while the real culprits are getting free license to run wild.

Protestants in this country have no chance at all. It's persecution.

Athletico Bilbao are abomination of a Football team anyway. Love to see them go to the wall.

Watching the game tonight and Barca not winning cost me 65 notes .Having said that athletic were rancid once they equalised .If ever there was a chance to open up and beat Barca with a 4 goal and one man advantage it was tonight .All they cared about was the trophy which is fair enough but with a record that they have against Barca ,you would think improving that would be a good thing when they had the chance

Has to be said that most catholics these days are only token catholics as not many people are stupid enough to buy into that supernatural shite anymore . My feeling is that they'd have ditched it years ago if we didn't keep pointing out how pathetic their religion is and instead they defend it out of duty and spite. Question is, if chapels and girodome are always empty where are they congregating these days.

3 reasons

1. Social conditioning.
  2. Apathy

(tu)(tu)

3 reasons

• Social conditioning.
  • Apathy
  • Hatred from the real bigots in our society

applause.gif

I hate religion and I'm Protestant. My full name is Liam James Flinn, a very "catholic" name. I have had to lie about my name at certain times of my life. My mother called home to say what she had named me when I was born and the response??? "that's the other side, why did u do that".

I support and love my club, not because I'm a proddy or its was forced on me, but when I see the blue white and red, I am drawn to it and rangers always fascinated me as a young boy. I can remember the game that convinced me, Battle of Britain,Rangers vs Leeds.

Now I didn't watch that game in awe because I'm Protestant. I watched in awe because they are the greatest club I have ever seen. I don't give a shit about religion or England or the queen or N.I. All I care about is Rangers Football Club. Nothin more, nothin less!

Believe what you believe, I respect difference and different cultures. I don't necessarily agree with it but I will listen because I respect it. In my opinion, this world would be a better place without religion. But my opinion is one of billions and I'm allowed to express it as are you

3 reasons

1. Social conditioning.
  2. Apathy

Excellent reply and nail on the head stuff. Bravo!

I know a Roma fan with a fondness for Celtic and the kind of cluelessly one-sided understanding of sectarianism in Scotland that only a tim or someone who has never actually set foot in Scotland could have and he once expressed an admiration for Athletic Bilbao's "traditions" and "cultural pride" to me. I asked him why he thought Rangers was an "evil" club for cherishing the exact same things and he said "it's completely different and you know it". When I asked him to explain why he got very angry and said I was being ridiculous. When pushed he refused to explain this apparently self-evident difference.

I know a Roma fan with a fondness for Celtic and the kind of cluelessly one-sided understanding of sectarianism in Scotland that only a tim or someone who has never actually set foot in Scotland could have and he once expressed an admiration for Athletic Bilbao's "traditions" and "cultural pride" to me. I asked him why he thought Rangers was an "evil" club for cherishing the exact same things and he said "it's completely different and you know it". When I asked him to explain why he got very angry and said I was being ridiculous. When pushed he refused to explain this apparently self-evident difference.

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-

Has to be said that most catholics these days are only token catholics as not many people are stupid enough to buy into that supernatural shite anymore . My feeling is that they'd have ditched it years ago if we didn't keep pointing out how pathetic their religion is and instead they defend it out of duty and spite. Question is, if chapels and girodome are always empty where are they congregating these days.

Brainwashing at primary schools....

Strangely enough, I have managed to go through my whole life never having had any sectarian or religion-based abuse aimed at me.

Maybe that's because I don't go around trying to foist my sky-fairy fantasies on other people nor have I ever felt so lost that I needed to belong to any kind of clique / tribe / gang.

Peaceful, free and easy... and no wearing of bunched panties necessary.

It's all from his church mate .Brainwashed

I used to spend a lot of time in Madrid and Bilbao through work and was treated to a number of Bilbao games at the Mamés.

Bilbao fans will be delighted with last night's win, but they're a miserable support who are torn between their basque roots and making any sort of impact on Spanish football. The restrictions imposed by that, these days, are very loose, but that doesn't make for a good story, so it's often ignored.

The colleagues I attended matches with said the Basque connection was holding the club back.

Also, Spanish stadiums are disgusting. Covered in dust and not well kept. I'll admit, I've only been to the Nou Camp and the Manés.

3 reasons

• Social conditioning.
  • Apathy
  • Hatred from the real bigots in our society

Good job, CA!

We know the score over here...been through it already.

Scotland needs to wake up or they'll be like us!

Never Forgive Never Forget