Who Would You Take?

MarvinAndrews

Just wondering, with a lot of people rightly saying that we've not really been tested yet and that we're maybe only behind Celtic, Aberdeen and possibly Hearts (or at least those would be the most likely to cause us problems), which player(s) from those teams, or even any team in Scotland would you actually take and who would you then replace in our team? I'm not talking about someone you'd like in the squad but someone who would make the first 11. After all if we played them, it's 11v11. I'm struggling to think of a player I'd actually take and struggling even more to think who I'd replace.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None.

We play a different style from them and MW has different demands.

That's not to say that there's not good players, just none that would that I think MW would see as "adding value" sufficiently.

And none that he can't improve on with the likes of a Tav, Oduwu, Gedion etc.

craig gordon probably is the only one, he's been the papes best players for over a year now

aside from that i couldnt tell you an aberdeen or hearts player tbh

He's a great shot stopper but I don't know that he'd fit in to our style of play. Who knows Foderingham might be a great shot stopper too but we just haven't seen it yet. :lol:

Stuart Armstrong perhaps but that would be it.

I couldn't name you a player from Aberdeen. Hearts I'd maybe take that lanky guy Sow, but that's about it from them. Celtic i'd take Gordon. I think we could buy better than what Celtic have based on what we've done with money so far.

He's a great shot stopper but I don't know that he'd fit in to our style of play. Who knows Foderingham might be a great shot stopper too but we just haven't seen it yet. :lol:

Stuart Armstrong perhaps but that would be it.

If you're going to name a player then you have to say who you'd replace. Them's the rules.

I don't know or care enough about other teams in this country to be able to answer that.

Im delighted with what we have, all good, young and mostly from the UK (tu)

Basically what I'm asking is...if people think that those teams are perhaps better, why do they think that? Who from those teams is better than what we have? If no one then aren't we better?

In the past we've tended to just sign the players with hype from other SPL teams, usually for a lot more than they are actually worth.

Going forward I'm confident that MW will do his homework and possibly pick up a few players who have talent but maybe fall under the radar a little bit in comparison to others.

We've already seen it happen with Holt who was a sort of run of the mill player for Hearts and didn't have any of the hype that guys like Jack, McKay-Steven, Allan or Armstrong have had over the last year or so and yet Warburton turned him into one of our most important players within weeks.

In the past we've tended to just sign the players with hype from other SPL teams, usually for a lot more than they are actually worth.

Going forward I'm confident that MW will do his homework and possibly pick up a few players who have talent but maybe fall under the radar a little bit in comparison to others.

We've already seen it happen with Holt who was a sort of run of the mill player for Hearts and didn't have any of the hype that guys like Jack, McKay-Steven, Allan or Armstrong have had over the last year or so and turned him into one of our most important players within weeks.

I agree with you but everyone seems to be missing my point. I'm not asking if people think we should sign anyone from premiership teams :D

I like the way MacLean plays at Aberdeen and would have him over Law. Saying that don't know where he would get a game.

Also knowing him personally and the way he plays the game, I think there will be a wee part of Charlie telfer who will wish he was still at rangers. He would have flourished under Warburton and his brand of football.

I like the way MacLean plays at Aberdeen and would have him over Law. Saying that don't know where he would get a game.

Also knowing him personally and the way he plays the game, I think there will be a wee part of Charlie telfer who will wish he was still at rangers. He would have flourished under Warburton and his brand of football.

Hope he gets relegated with scumdee united