Soccer Am

ElBufalo20

Bet andy is practicing that from now on. He seems the guy who would go over past mistake or misses and practice them so it doesnt happen again.

Also I think the drill itself speaks alot about Mr warburton and his training regime, simple but tough. Training doesn't have to be massively difficult it should offer a challenge which is what this drill showed.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely, if he can't hit the crossbar and score with a diving header on the rebound then he's not cut out for the 'top' league.

Don't think anyone has ever won a league without being able to pull that off in a game that's your bread and butter move along with doing kepy ups in the middle of a game

Bet andy is practicing that from now on. He seems the guy who would go over past mistake or misses and practice them so it doesnt happen again.

Also I think the drill itself speaks alot about Mr warburton and his training regime, simple but tough. Training doesn't have to be massively difficult it should offer a challenge which is what this drill showed.

Aye I'm sure he'll spend hours perfecting the old crossbar then volley move

Can't believe people are actually moaning.

For fuck sake, it was a bit of fun and good publicity for the club, let's not forget that Jimmy also said Rangers were one of the best teams he's saw in training so far, and he's seen a few English clubs so far, including Chelsea. We're apparently the sharpest of the lot.

Take the compliments, and laugh off the bit of fun.

Moaning faced bastards.

Can't believe people are actually moaning.

For fuck sake, it was a bit of fun and good publicity for the club, let's not forget that Jimmy also said Rangers were one of the best teams he's saw in training so far, and he's seen a few English clubs so far, including Chelsea. We're apparently the sharpest of the lot.

Take the compliments, and laugh off the bit of fun.

Moaning faced bastards.

Bit of a moaning faced bastard yourself with that post to be fair.

Good attempts from both to be fair. Takes a bit of technical ability to be able to come so close so frequently. Bullard also looks like peter stringfellow now that hes going gray.

My arse it takes ability as I says earlier its a game 2 kids would play surely they could have came up with a more technical training routine than that, no team or player trains to hit a ball off a bar.I can picture the scene warburton says bullards coming to take someone on in a challange for soccer am Halliday jumps up and says I'll take him at barrie I was brilliant at it when me and the judas used to play it down at corkerhill pitches . They'd have been better playing red arse it would have been more entertaining.

he won one at the start of the season, the rangers challenge was the worst one so far of the series was expecting something special from us.

pish, he was wrestling with troy deeney then shooting at goal in the watford one

least there was some skill involved in ours

Should have put in Waghorn instead of Halliday. How many times has Waghorn hit the woodwork already this season? I genuinely don't know but I would say a few more and he'll be in double figures. I remember twice in one away game earlier in the season. Not really his fault though, just bad luck.

Should have put in Waghorn instead of Halliday. How many times has Waghorn hit the woodwork already this season? I genuinely don't know but I would say a few more and he'll be in double figures. I remember twice in one away game earlier in the season. Not really his fault though, just bad luck.

Oh aye I forgot Waghorn deliberately tries to hit the woodwork during games..

Watched only on rangers official website - loved jimmy bullard a great lad promoting our club

and having a great time - loved it

Would loved to see jimmy play or us but not to be

Happy days are on our way and any good publicity

We are on a roll to our place --- our day is closer .

My arse it takes ability as I says earlier its a game 2 kids would play surely they could have came up with a more technical training routine than that, no team or player trains to hit a ball off a bar.I can picture the scene warburton says bullards coming to take someone on in a challange for soccer am Halliday jumps up and says I'll take him at barrie I was brilliant at it when me and the judas used to play it down at corkerhill pitches . They'd have been better playing red arse it would have been more entertaining.

You're a pure wank, and near enough outed yourself here.

I beleive the point of the drill isn't about hitting the bar & scoring with your head (obviously .. or not so obviously it seems), the point is the reaction time you need & change of pace required while doing it.

There is a slow run with an accurate chip (developing your touch of the ball) then there is the immediate reaction you need to if the ball comes back, having to work on your heading ability etc.

Basically, the drill isn't for kids but, as I suspect every drill we do, it has a real game impact.

Also, it invokes a bit of competition & fun for the lads which helps in team bonding etc.