When Will People Stop Claiming Nicky Clark Is Pish?

Wawrinka

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waghorn's been here 3 months,McKay is a winger....

3 months or 3 years he still misses a load of chances. He is a far superior player to Clark, but what I like about them both is the fact when they do miss a chance they brush themselves down and get on with it.

McKay may be a winger, but he should still be able to tap the ball in from 6 yards out when the opportunity comes his way. He's missed a couple of absolute sitters this season.

McKay may be a winger, but he should still be able to tap the ball in from 6 yards out when the opportunity comes his way. He's missed a couple of absolute sitters this season.

He's setup the most goals for us this season according to this thread,not sure when it was last updated.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=286201

The folk on here that think players can be out of the team for weeks and when called back in perform like a fucking superstar need to ponder before they type. Warburton appreciates him and that'll do me. The classic example is Barry McKay who was being spoken of in much the same way as Clarke.

Criticise when it's justified.

Basic technique like having a decent first touch isn't performing "like a fucking superstar" - you can understand if someone is off the pace when they come back into the first team, not reading the play or getting caught by defenders etc but the only thing that will improve technique is training

I'm going to be honest I shouted Clark your pish and two minutes later he scored and everyone turned round as if to say get it up you pal but I still said after he scored he's still pish , he's not the worst player but he's not good enough to play for us he misses too many chances when he' plays and there is no way he will do it for us in the premier league .i don't usually shout at players I was just getting frustrated last night

He controls a difficult pass and then sets himself up to fire a 25 yarder in last night in horrible conditions and you're saying he doesn't have technique? I mean what are you on about?

christ, have you seen anything other than a single goal that he's scored?!

If you think Clark has good technique you need to take your head for a shite!

one deflected goal doesn't make him a player ffs yes he set himself up for a ping nicely but you must have missed the rest of the second half

christ, have you seen anything other than a single goal that he's scored?!

If you think Clark has good technique you need to take your head for a shite!

one deflected goal doesn't make him a player ffs yes he set himself up for a ping nicely but you must have missed the rest of the second half

Do you think players get into MW's team if they don't have the required technique? It's more bullshit made up reasons to hate on one of the players when he's actually helping the club win matches and he did it by displaying the hardest piece of skill in the game. He'll never reach this mythical 'technique' level for some.

Do you think players get into MW's team if they don't have the required technique? It's more bullshit made up reasons to hate on one of the players when he's actually helping the club win matches and he did it by displaying the hardest piece of skill in the game. He'll never reach this mythical 'technique' level for some.

whatever you say...

I don't hate Clark, I think he gives his all - I just don't think he has the ability to play at rangers. He has proven in his time with the club that he is not a reliable goal threat, he has shown that he has a bad first touch and that he bottles it if he has time to think in front of goal.

I think Warburton is giving him a chance, I think the squad is trim and that he's trying to give Clark the benfit of the doubt, he always says he can't fault his attitude and application, and neither can I.

He might yet improve under Warburton, but at the moment it's worrying that he's the only striker aside from miller on the books

do you seriously think his technique good enough for a striker at rangers?

I think his movement in the box is better than Waghorns. He looks like exactly what we are lacking in that area. I hope he gets a run to prove it.

You're not wrong there, he is a box player, waghorn seems to drop off very often and we don't have anyone gambling on getting into the box - the difficulty for me is what happens next, which is generally fluffed lines and has been really since clark has been with us

I like nicky Clark always full of running reminds me a bit of nacho novo, needs tae be more clinical in front of goal tho

Novo and Clark should never be mentioned in the same sentence. The lad just isn't good enough for us long term and expect him to leave at the end of the season. Can't fault is work ethic and commitment though and would probably start him over Miller.