When Will People Stop Claiming Nicky Clark Is Pish?

Wawrinka

Ffs. How many chances has Waghorn missed? Doesn't make him pish. Just because Clark played for McCoist blinkers too many people on here.

He's banged in a fair few this season and can offer a lot more in a wide position, has a good first touch, can link up play well - not really a comparison to be drawn between the two players tbh

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have been disappointed by him all round BUT willing to see if he can improve under Warburton. He's just not very quick and as other have said his first touch is pretty bad.

Warburton was praising him in an interview on RTV and saying he wouldn't be in the squad if he didn't believe in his ability. In Warburton we trust. :21:

He's banged in a fair few this season and can offer a lot more in a wide position, has a good first touch, can link up play well - not really a comparison to be drawn between the two players tbh

I didn't say he was not a good player, only that he has missed a lot more than he has scored. I think Clark is criticised unfairly due to the McCoist connection, as is Law.

I didn't say he was not a good player, only that he has missed a lot more than he has scored. I think Clark is criticised unfairly due to the McCoist connection, as is Law.

I would completely disagree - no matter who signed him, clark has shown he isn't good enough to pull on the jersey.

Waghorn contributes in a much wider context and in his career has never been a huge goalscorer, Clark was signed on the back of a season where he bagged 40-odd goals in this league and has always looked out of place in the team.

This thread is about Clark alone, he misses too many chances and doesn't possess great ability - just because he scored a goal last night doesn't change that fact, and drawing comparisons with others in the squad is pointless imo

He's obviously impressing at training but if you cant take that into matches then you have a problem. His first touch a lot of the time really lets him down. I would love NK to be a success at Rangers, just cant see it so far.

He done the one thing that frustrates me, hit a shot when the opportunity came up. I feel we get a lot of chances around the edge of the box to have a pop but players opt for that extra pass or touch and the chance is gone.

Ffs. How many chances has Waghorn missed? Doesn't make him pish. Just because Clark played for McCoist blinkers too many people on here.

People don't not rate Clark because he played for McCoist.

If that was the case then why have McKay, Wallace and Law, who all played for McCoist, got praise from the support for their performances this season?

I would start Clark through the middle before Miller. I would also have waghorn no where near the middle.Waghorn is great on the right but terrible in the middle.

Why Warburton starts him there is beyond me as he always has to move him to the right to get the best out of him.

We need a faster centre half for when Ball leaves , a defensive midfielder to cover for the two wing backs , a creative centre attacking mid and we need probably two strikers. Miller won`t be good enough for next season and Clark will be a squad player at best.

5 new players needed with Templeton , Bell being two who should go.

A lot of you guys are talking about next season, some of us are taking it one game at a time and playing this season, Nicky Clark will either find his feet and make a contribution this season or blow his chance and end up back at Qos, where he will probably help them gain promotion ahead of Hibs.