Rangers Take On Burchill. Burchill Apologises.

WATBB

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This'll be interesting as our esteemed footballing authorities are led by esteemed gentlemen of English heritage.

I wonder if their hatred of Rangers and support for other Rangers-haters will overcome their ability to punish a manager who discrminates against their own nationality, even to the point of justifying violence against one of their own countrymen.

What a dilemma for the pair of them...

I'm not one for letting these cunts off, normally

However

In context Burchill did well after a dreadful start

He spoke to Rangers, Spurs to check on Nathans welfare before his statement and went on to say it was a red card.

He over did it with Rangers have got great players but he took full responsibility and apologised

He was also put right about the fans frustration and again apologised.

However

He spoke to Rangers, Spurs to check on Nathans welfare before his statement and went on to say it was a red card.

He over did it with Rangers have got great players but he took full responsibility and apologised

Has this been documented somewhere? I would be interested to know... I would like to think that our authorities will take him to task.

However

i think what you mean is burchill is a thick racist twat then when it was pointed out he had fucked up he tried too backtrack and worm his way out by repeating what he said , he also said it was a yellow card but he wouldnt have complained after seeing replays if he would have received a red ,thats why he kept trying too mention intent

However

Not often I agree with you, as you know, but I do think Burchill did the right thing here, although he still managed to fuck it up a tad. If I am going to play devil's advocate then I would like to think that no manager in the modern era would actually tell his players to go out and deliberately injure another player. Burchill doesn't come across as the sharpest tool, but I do think the pressure of the situation got to him and as a result he made a total idiot of himself, and he has quickly realised this. Most managers will stick up for their players, even when they shouldn't, and Burchill has been no exception. The culprits here are the two players themselves who clearly only wanted to injure Nathan; for those two I have no sympathy, a horrible pair of pricks who should be hammered by the SFA.

If the SFA take strong action against them then this will send out a message and this matter could be put to bed. However, the folk in charge of football in this country now seem so corrupt and inept that I don't expect anything to be done, and other nationalities will ,justifiably, look on football in this country as being a place not to ply your trade. The ball is in their court now, release a statement , punish the individuals, and we can all move on. Do nothing, and hell mend you!

Not often I agree with you, as you know, but I do think Burchill did the right thing here, although he still managed to fuck it up a tad. If I am going to play devil's advocate then I would like to think that no manager in the modern era would actually tell his players to go out and deliberately injure another player. Burchill doesn't come across as the sharpest tool, but I do think the pressure of the situation got to him and as a result he made a total idiot of himself, and he has quickly realised this. Most managers will stick up for their players, even when they shouldn't, and Burchill has been no exception. The culprits here are the two players themselves who clearly only wanted to injure Nathan; for those two I have no sympathy, a horrible pair of pricks who should be hammered by the SFA.

If the SFA take strong action against them then this will send out a message and this matter could be put to bed. However, the folk in charge of football in this country now seem so corrupt and inept that I don't expect anything to be done, and other nationalities will ,justifiably, look on football in this country as being a place not to ply your trade. The ball is in their court now, release a statement , punish the individuals, and we can all move on. Do nothing, and hell mend you!

he done the right thing ? This wasnt an off the cuff remark or said in the immediate aftermath of the game or during a heated discussion with a caller , he had almost 24hrs too come up with a statement and answers he must have known the questions were coming and what he came out with was racist nonsense

However

Fuck right off.

He backtracked.

Burchill told Superscoreboard: “Kieran is a young, talented Scottish football player signed for a Scottish club.

“Nathan Oduwa is an English footballer who has not signed for a Scottish club, so we’re dragging someone over the coals who is one of our own and could possibly play for Scotland in the future.

“The point I was trying to make was that Kieran is likely to play his entire career in Scotland. Nathan, on the other hand, is signed for an English club and will probably return to Spurs at the end of the season.

“Of course, nationality has nothing to do with it. I wish Nathan all the best for the rest of the season and hope this draws a line under my unfortunate use of words.”

So, basically, "I didn't mean what I said, but what I said was pretty much what I meant. Please accept my apologies and leave me alone."

That man's a snivelling cretin.

About the goals, nobody expected us to win by a margin of 5 or 6 goals. We expected the parked bus as usual but we were not expecting the pre-planned thuggery which Livingston dished out. I wonder whether their manager told the players directly to be savage or just gave a few hints here and there. Look at the guy grabbing the ball and huddling with it to slow the game down. Who does that? Surely they were instructed in ways to interrupt our rhythm otherwise there would not have been so coordinated an approach.

Hopefully soon teams will wise up to the fact that the parked bus just does not work and they are as well trying to entertain their own fans rather than try for an unlikely draw.

About the goals, nobody expected us to win by a margin of 5 or 6 goals. We expected the parked bus as usual but we were not expecting the pre-planned thuggery which Livingston dished out. I wonder whether their manager told the players directly to be savage or just gave a few hints here and there. Look at the guy grabbing the ball and huddling with it to slow the game down. Who does that? Surely they were instructed in ways to interrupt our rhythm otherwise there would not have been so coordinated an approach.

Hopefully soon teams will wise up to the fact that the parked bus just does not work and they are as well trying to entertain their own fans rather than try for an unlikely draw.

It was obviously orchestrated.All the bad tackles were in the middle of the park away from danger.