***the Official Falkirk V Rangers Thread***

Frank Reynolds

Everybody has valid points but the only fact is warbs should not go anywhere.

He has done more in 6 months than sally in 3. He has put together the best backroom staff and youth structure we have ever had. He has brought the best style of play we have had in donkeys.

We are in a dip in form but having such low numbers contributed to this. He has never had to deal with such defensive teams. With fresh faces in January we will pick up again. And hibs will drop more points than us.

Sometimes his selections I don't agree with, zelalem for instance. Offeres nothing, but I think we need to play him most games as part of the agreement. (Another mcculloch)

Hopefully a good atmosphere since its so close to christmas, Falkirks normally a shite ground for atmosphere, looking forward to this. 3-0 Waggy and a Tav double to make up for last week :) NS

Everybody has valid points but the only fact is warbs should not go anywhere.

He has done more in 6 months than sally in 3. He has put together the best backroom staff and youth structure we have ever had. He has brought the best style of play we have had in donkeys.

We are in a dip in form but having such low numbers contributed to this. He has never had to deal with such defensive teams. With fresh faces in January we will pick up again. And hibs will drop more points than us.

Sometimes his selections I don't agree with, zelalem for instance. Offeres nothing, but I think we need to play him most games as part of the agreement. (Another mcculloch)

Sally, fucking hell :anguish:

I still think we need to drop off the high press at times. The shite teams we play against are just playing a long ball out to a speedy forward bypassing our midfield (hey it occasionally worked for even McCoist and we did not have a speedy forward then) and the criticism of our central defenders is that they are too slow and they don't read the game as well as David Weir did to make up for it and a lack of a good tough Holding Midfielder for cover for them. We need to come out more pulling defenders back and play wide down both sides of the field. I would also re-widen the pitch at Ibrox. Way too much space on the Struth stand side of the field. I am hoping Zaladem and Oduwa head back to London in January. We need to add a right wide midfielder who will track back. Holding midfielder and go after a striker who will score for fun up here. May might be the answer or mibbees naw for the striker which is the most pressing need or even Hately's kid. Just someone powerful in the box with the ability to score from headers.

We are only narrowly in front in the league because Hibs are also on a brilliant run, not because we have dropped many points.

The difficulty we have is that both us and Hibs are miles ahead of the rest and it might come down to games against each other and small margins. If we win our next two that might puncture their confidence and send their results into a downward spin.

Some folk are really trying to dissect the performances and games too much. We've been the best team to watch all season even in our lesser games. And I'm 100% positive if beating Falkirk and Hibernian by 2 goals and normal service bring resumed with grumps going back under their rocks

Id use Shiels in the holding role, put Halliday more forward. I'd start with Oduwa in the line up instead of McKay. I think Barrie could do with a break and hopefully get back to early season form.

Foderingham

Tavernier

Kiernan

Ball

Wallace.

Shiels

Halliday

Holt

Waghorn

Miller

Oduwa.

Neither Waghorn or Oduwa contribute defensively to helping the full backs. So we'd end up with both flanks getting ripped to shreds every week instead of just the right side which we have now. Wallace gets behind the opposition so many times a game it's not worth it to ask him to stay back. I'd much rather he put Halliday out left which is his natural position, put Mckay on the right and Thompson in defensive mid.

I still think we need to drop off the high press at times. The shite teams we play against are just playing a long ball out to a speedy forward bypassing our midfield (hey it occasionally worked for even McCoist and we did not have a speedy forward then) and the criticism of our central defenders is that they are too slow and they don't read the game as well as David Weir did to make up for it and a lack of a good tough Holding Midfielder for cover for them. We need to come out more pulling defenders back and play wide down both sides of the field. I would also re-widen the pitch at Ibrox. Way too much space on the Struth stand side of the field. I am hoping Zaladem and Oduwa head back to London in January. We need to add a right wide midfielder who will track back. Holding midfielder and go after a striker who will score for fun up here. May might be the answer or mibbees naw for the striker which is the most pressing need or even Hately's kid. Just someone powerful in the box with the ability to score from headers.

We never put in crosses tho

its not a bad call.

I would start Law and sub Zelalem on in this match.

Zelalem was playing like he was at the next level last match (and looked like he is a true gunner in midfield) but still didn't manage to change it/cause any goals single handedly - Law in our midfield has the potential imo to turn the match into a 4-0+ siege onslaught for us like our matches earlier in the season if he helps us overrun their midfield with his physicality + has a good game by his standards. I think Law is just returning from injury so maybe he's not fit enough to play yet.

Is this a new Law that has been brought in?

One that has suddenly found the heart to get near opponents and tackle rather than run alongside and slow down if there is the remotest chance of getting involved?

One that has binned the cloak of invisibility when games get tight?

It's just the standard forum thing of making out a player that hasn't been in the team is better than what they actually are.

Bottom line is Nicky Law is a shitebag and should be nowhere near the starting 11.

Is this a new Law that has been brought in?

One that has suddenly found the heart to get near opponents and tackle rather than run alongside and slow down if there is the remotest chance of getting involved?

One that has binned the cloak of invisibility when games get tight?

May as well be a new law coz this ones is the polar opposite of last years law but this has been covered and then some in previous posts