Article From Vb

minstral

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with this.

I'll also say no one side is better than the other.

They are fucking loathsome bastards though so I'd say we are slightly better :D

I have no horse in the race. I feel no real connection to either side of the divide, though I do have a natural loathing for the IRA supporters and the glorifying of terrorists during their marches, but that's because I'm a human being. My point is that, as an individual with no strong sympathies, I just find it fucking boring now.

Bollocks! Paranoid nonsense trying to attach politics and religion to our great club. It should be enough to support Rangers but no we've to defend some religion akin to supporting the tooth fairy and have a political pov that is defined by supporting a football club. Utter balls!

I have to agree with this. Do you ever hear the minister in church up at the pulpit going on about Rangers lack of plan b or playing a defensive midfielder in a big away game? No. Because that would be fucking stupid. Same as bringing religion into football. If you want to believe in that made up pish save it for church.

We voted in the referendum about the union and won it by a fair margin, so again the politics angle doesn't tie up with reality. People need to stop using the club as a vehicle for their own agendas.

We are continually under attack, but nobody in any position of authority is willing to speak out as they get branded a bigot as soon as they open their mouth. Would be good to see the club take a lead, but highly unlikely they will be willing to attract the flak from the media and the republican politicians. But it is a war, and we are not fighting back.

Bollocks! Paranoid nonsense trying to attach politics and religion to our great club. It should be enough to support Rangers but no we've to defend some religion akin to supporting the tooth fairy and have a political pov that is defined by supporting a football club. Utter balls!

Where I would prefer the word Fenian wasnt used as it gets us into trouble its the thin edge of the wedge, if we did cut it out as we have done quite well over the last 4 years it made no difference as they just keep chipping away at all things that dont conform to their idealistic beliefs. Its ok for them to spout vile messages at every chance and there is no uproar as they have got into a position where men and woman are frightened to call them out as their jobs go or their families are targeted by the well oiled biggot machine.

It not anything to do with religion its a selected team of well placed people trying to change anything that they dont agree with and their blind hatred of anything and everything. The religious side is just a vehicle they choose as its easy to raise emotions and get hatred flowing . It goes much deeper than just religion and im sure many make lots of money on the back of it.

Football people dont really care what other fans sing or should I say didnt care until the brain washing started, now its mad and the hatred is at an all time high to the point guy's who have been pals for years and accepted each others view now all of a sudden get offended at the least wee thing.

Grade A bellend I actually despise fans like you and you like,wankers of the highest order

I have to agree with this. Do you ever hear the minister in church up at the pulpit going on about Rangers lack of plan b or playing a defensive midfielder in a big away game? No. Because that would be fucking stupid. Same as bringing religion into football. If you want to believe in that made up pish save it for church.

We voted in the referendum about the union and won it by a fair margin, so again the politics angle doesn't tie up with reality. People need to stop using the club as a vehicle for their own agendas.

You would know all about our culture before you started following our club.

Whilst I think the vast majority of the post is bang on, and whilst I'm not into religion, I re-read and think this comment is either the wrong way round or the word suffer should "be the instigators of" and victim to "statistically proven instigators" ???

"In 2015 the Scottish Government published figures showing 27.2% of race hate victims in Scotland were indeed classed as White British. 21.2% were classed as Pakistani and only 14% were classed as other white (which includes Irish). Seems odd that your focus is to clamp down on one of the least likely groups to suffer from hate crime, and ignore the group most likely to be a victim. But that is a Nationalist agenda."

Anyway another good VB post.

A VB article is usually a good interesting read, as most of this one was, but you can't seriously be suggesting the original words be belted out at games?

Sing the original words and you'll be arrested, and charged. Regardless of the arguments or discussions on the Internet, that's what will happen.

Tbh this is not a PUL issue to me, this is about about a complete imbalance in what is acceptable in Scottish society, Scottish football fans, not a religion, not a political group are treated differently. We the Rangers fans now support our team against a different set if rules from the others who pretty much to a man hate us. It is a mini form of apartheid where one section of society is arrested and banned from going to see their team and others can (with a few exceptions) do what the Fuck they like.

The press fuel it, the press stoke it then show complete abhorrence to one set of 'offensive'chanting only.

It is only natural that those that see imbalance against them try to say 'Fuck you.'

If everyone was treated in the same draconian manner I don't think this would be a discussion anymore.

Rangers for me is more than just a football club.

I couldn't agree with this article more. Those that hate our club, our religion and our way of life just keep chipping away with what is important to most of us with a view to destroying us completely. They tried to destroy our club. They failed (if you don't believe this, you need your head looked at). It will NOT stop unless we take a stand.

If a small minority wish to bury their heads in the sand, that's up to them but the rest of us should start defending our traditions before they are eradicated.

We are the people. (and not just for 90 fvcking minutes on a Saturday).

Tbh this is not a PUL issue to me, this is about about a complete imbalance in what is acceptable in Scottish society, Scottish football fans, not a religion, not a political group are treated differently. We the Rangers fans now support our team against a different set if rules from the others who pretty much to a man hate us. It is a mini form of apartheid where one section of society is arrested and banned from going to see their team and others can (with a few exceptions) do what the Fuck they like.

The press fuel it, the press stoke it then show complete abhorrence to one set of 'offensive'chanting only.

It is only natural that those that see imbalance against them try to say 'Fuck you.'

If everyone was treated in the same draconian manner I don't think this would be a discussion anymore.

Well said.

Singing the song with the original lyrics will just land us in trouble. I'm not for it.

The Ebt version is fine in my opinion. Have no idea about the legalities, but I really doubt that someone could actually be convicted for singing it with the Ebt lyrics.

It is the best anthem that we have though. Hearing it belted out by 50,000 makes the hairs on your neck stand up.

Not with the original lyrics though, it will just land the club and yourself in a whole heap of trouble.

You want to tell us what's religious about TBB?

Your falling for the media propaganda my friend.

You would know all about our culture before you started following our club.

You can believe in the invisible man all you like, but don't try and force it on all of us when it has nothing to do with the football. Rangers Football Club isn't your vehicle for your political and theological gripes. They'll tell you that themselves if you ask.

You want to tell us what's religious about TBB?

Your falling for the media propaganda my friend.

I think he is referring more to the insinuation in the OP that the club is intrinsically linked to protestantism.

It was in the past though, so I don't really have an issue with it.

I'm an athiest myself, so the religious ties bore me, but I don't really have an issue with anyone else's belief.

Killie fans sing about being up to their knees in 'Ayr blood',Dundee of 'Arab blood', Hearts of 'Hibee blood', Morton fans of 'St Mirren blood', etc. Singing about being up to your knees in the blood of your living rivals is ok, but the second you bring up the members of the Irish Republican Brotherhood from the 19thCentury then you are out of order! How does that work out?

THIS ^

Take that into a court room.

You can believe in the invisible man all you like, but don't try and force it on all of us when it has nothing to do with the football. Rangers Football Club isn't your vehicle for your political and theological gripes. They'll tell you that themselves if you ask.

Funny how it has to do with our club for generations of our fans. You might not like it, but we are know as the Protestant club all over the world.