Davie Provan - Frank And Fearless Every Sunday

Tontospal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did septic not drop their interest in this ,or even the police , funny how septic are usually inundated by their do good fans when asked about such inquiries , like last weeks flares carry on , although nobody knows fuck all when a youngster is seriously injured for life

TBF Celtic did take the young RANGERS fan and his brother, dress them in Celtic stuff, give them Celtic memorabilia - all in front of the press cameras - only after all that did they drop their interest. The most disgusting club in the world :(

I doubt it has been left unchallenged otherwise it would've been picked up elsewhere and ran with.

This is true although maybe other mhedia outlets asked for proof before running with the story.

WTF am I talking about? The Club must have stepped in and threatened liable otherwise every rhag would have printed that story.

Any proof of this bucky bottle? Any proof of these golf balls? Any proof of these coins?

When I say proof I mean actual,physical evidence,not made up words from a junky tarrier pretending to be a Morton fan.

No? No evidence whatsoever? Fucking bottles and golf balls :lol: Get fucked.

I doubt it has been left unchallenged otherwise it would've been picked up elsewhere and ran with.

If this is the case and the Sun has broken ranks then there must be consequences and severe ones at that.

Unless they can provide evidence, including a supporting statement from Police Scotland, they should be takeñ to task and this should be a watershed moment for the club and our relationship with the press.

The Sun should be boycotted by us in the same way that it is on Merseyside. They have form for lying and branding supports.

The Board should issue a statement tomorrow as should all the mouthpiece individuals and fan groups.

Provan is an ex scum player who has always shown his dislike of Rangers and this time he has gone too far.

He was actually cute the way he turned an article criticising the scum followers in to one where he accused us of a worse and more dangerous crime. The insinuation being that flares were not thrown at individuals whereas missiles (coins, golf balls and a bottle) were aimed at Morton fans.

This is true although maybe other mhedia outlets asked for proof before running with the story.

WTF am I talking about? The Club must have stepped in and threatened liable otherwise every rhag would have printed that story.

Despite the thoughts of most on here about Scottish journos, anyone will have had to run that by the club if they were going to print it (if only even for any comment). That it's not been reported as a 'news' item but slipped in as opinion makes me think there's even less to it. A search for "bottle" and "Ibrox" on Twitter only brought up one person who tweeted, third hand, about it that weekend.

Did septic not drop their interest in this ,or even the police , funny how septic are usually inundated by their do good fans when asked about such inquiries , like last weeks flares carry on , although nobody knows fuck all when a youngster is seriously injured for life

The point I was trying to make was if your looking for an example of hooligan behaviour , the obvious choice would be one that has been verified and investigated by the police , as opposed to one that seems to have stemmed from a tweet.

First I've heard that c....c were looking into this , but the last I heard was the police investigation had stalled due to lack of information. Like you say , weird that there were no witnesses about with so many of tgfitw there.

Despite the thoughts of most on here about Scottish journos, anyone will have had to run that by the club if they were going to print it (if only even for any comment). That it's not been reported as a 'news' item but slipped in as opinion makes me think there's even less to it. A search for "bottle" and "Ibrox" on Twitter only brought up one person who tweeted, third hand, about it that weekend.

The person who initiated it on Twitter was a Tim posing as a Morton fan .

So you think the club have sanctioned this as they don't think it is a big deal?

If someone from the club has had prior knowledge of this and hasn't prevented it being printed they should be removed.

I know what you're saying but surely if Morton, have indeed, printed these lies in their home match day programme then they should be taken to task as well?

Think its time the club became proactive with stuff like this and had some close up cameras viewing the away fans. With the small amount of fans some of these diddy teams bring to the game you could easily call bullshit on some of these rediculous accusations. Also in the unlikely event that Rangers fans are chucking buckie bottles and risking injury to young kids then they deserve to get caught and banned for life.

I know what you're saying but surely if Morton, have indeed, printed these lies in their home match day programme then they should be taken to task as well?

They very well might have. Depends what was written tbh. If it was something saying they'd had reports about it and we're speaking to Rangers etc then there's no reason to.

This is apparently what he wrote:

Writing in his programme notes for the match with Raith, he said: “Regrettably we were unable to hold onto our lead when Rangers equalised with five or six minutes of the match remaining.

"" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

“It was still a wonderful day, one which I am sure will be fondly remembered for a long, long time. Our match with Rangers was the first match at Ibrox this season that Rangers did not win.

“Regrettably, some Rangers fans were not at all pleased and resorted to pelting the Morton fans with coins, pies, Bovril, and even golf balls.

“In addition, a Buckfast bottle was hurled into the Morton section which missed a young Morton fan by inches. That was a sad end to an exciting match.”

Douglas Rae should certainly be taken to task for this nonsense.

If he can't back it up then he should be charged by the SFA with bringing the game in to disrepute and sued by Rangers for libel.

This is apparently what he wrote:

Writing in his programme notes for the match with Raith, he said: Regrettably we were unable to hold onto our lead when Rangers equalised with five or six minutes of the match remaining.

"" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

It was still a wonderful day, one which I am sure will be fondly remembered for a long, long time. Our match with Rangers was the first match at Ibrox this season that Rangers did not win.

Regrettably, some Rangers fans were not at all pleased and resorted to pelting the Morton fans with coins, pies, Bovril, and even golf balls.

In addition, a Buckfast bottle was hurled into the Morton section which missed a young Morton fan by inches. That was a sad end to an exciting match.

Douglas Rae should certainly be taken to task for this nonsense.

If he can't back it up then he should be charged by the SFA with bringing the game in to disrepute and sued by Rangers for libel.

Cheers. I hadn't seen that.

Stated here:

http://m.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/14163424.Morton_chairman_blasts_Rangers_fans__behaviour/

To be fair, any negative stories about us or our fans usually gets deleted instantly on FF so most Rangers fans wouldn't hear about it in comparison to similar incidents involving other teams.

Now being a golfer, I know golf balls are very bouncy on hard surfaces, I think we would all know if golf balls have been thrown at Ibrox. Would be like a bagatelle, balls bouncing everywhere.

Rangers need to nip this shit in the bud pronto.

For starters look at the segregation in Ibrox, almost 8/9 rows each side, Morton also took up their full allocation, if a bottle had been thrown and missed someone then it would either have hit someone else or smashed causing shards of glass to fly about, again this would've caused some sort of damage.

Also the guy who started this "story" claimed he was thrown out after complaining to stewards, so if he'd reported a thrown bottle it would've been seen by said stewards.

This strory is 100% bullshit IMO. I mean look at the reaction to TBBs at Ibrox and that lot with the flares, if a glass bottle had been thrown we'd still be hearing about in the press.

For starters look at the segregation in Ibrox, almost 8/9 rows each side, Morton also took up their full allocation, if a bottle had been thrown and missed someone then it would either have hit someone else or smashed causing shards of glass to fly about, again this would've caused some sort of damage.

Also the guy who started this "story" claimed he was thrown out after complaining to stewards, so if he'd reported a thrown bottle it would've been seen by said stewards.

This strory is 100% bullshit IMO. I mean look at the reaction to TBBs at Ibrox and that lot with the flares, if a glass bottle had been thrown we'd still be hearing about in the press.

Yes mate ,not like the story of a certain clubs fans throwing flares at a Scottish cup tie .That is almost being airbrushed from history