Diagouraga

bordersbear

I'm pretty sure we won't have put all our eggs into one basket and we will have others lined up in the same position.

It's disappointing, sure, but not something to be down about.

The main focus is on getting to the top league and then back into Europe. That will help us financially and its something that Championship clubs in England can't offer.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I agree regarding the sky money and he will sign on Monday to a team currently sitting 17th place in their league, it's a sad state of affairs.

I also think your a bit premature in your second  paragraph due to the league we're in.

One signing (this window) has got away and we simply move onto our next target without the need to worry about the  finances or the way MW values a player.

There's enough haters out there banging that drum which is all about damaging the credibility and brand of the club with their constant snippets.

If we're struggling this time next year and our transfers are falling through due to a lack of spend then I will be the first one on here heavily criticising past promises but that day is a long way off.

I just feel this is the league we have to get out of and the right time to spend(not massivley as promised as that was always preboard hype) so that the players have the best chance of competing if we make it up.

18 minutes ago, Smile said:

I just feel this is the league we have to get out of and the right time to spend(not massivley as promised as that was always preboard hype) so that the players have the best chance of competing if we make it up.

As long as we're in a position where we aren't having to add 5 or 6 players in the summer to go right into the team we should be ok. I think we only need one or two more to be in a good place to challenge next season and I think we could probably do with a wee bit more depth in the squad rather than anyone who be seen as a 'key' player right away. 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As long as we're in a position where we aren't having to add 5 or 6 players in the summer to go right into the team we should be ok. I think we only need one or two more to be in a good place to challenge next season and I think we could probably do with a wee bit more depth in the squad rather than anyone who be seen as a 'key' player right away. 

Get them in gelling in this league when there is a lot of easy games seems sensible to me. Give the manager time to work with them.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Get them in gelling in this league when there is a lot of easy games seems sensible to me. Give the manager time to work with them.

Definitely. That's why I don't think it would be too bad if we're only looking to bring in depth over the summer. If he thinks we need, say, a DM now to take Halliday's spot then we should be moving now. If he's want a RB as cover for Tavernier it can wait til June or July. 

Will be interesting to see what happens with Ball. If his deals up in the summer and we're looking to sign him then I think he'll maybe play a bit more over the next few months. Same with Forrester. I think we'll see him play a fair bit and it's probably the main reason we've let Oduwa go. 

MW has stated since the off that the priority is clear to all the staff which is to get out the league we are in and back to the top flight.If we miss out on a target or targets it will not change his or anyone elses thoughts of where we are going and need to be.If no one comes in this window so be it im pretty sure we will still manage to get out this league and recruit in the summer for a strong if not winning challenge next season.

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

I know it's just a guess but I think we do have enough in our current squad to win this league and our lead will start to stretch over the month of February.

I also see the argument about getting players in the now and spending decent but like our search for a Manager some just won't consider coming until we're in the premiership ps I know we've won a watch with MW albeit he maybe wasn't first choice.

I think the next transfer window is where we will be buying proper and players who are experienced enough to hit the ground running and not just players with potential.

As important as the window is and promotion, I just don't think it's the right window albeit it's a riskier strategy.