Diagouraga

bordersbear

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

We offered a lot less did we not, when the valuation was 500k,.

I dont know.. have we seen any official figures? There were also rumours that the valuation was a lot less before they moved the goal posts, but then again.. we dont know that for sure. These dealings are a lot more complicated than we tend to think, in my opinion.. Leeds might have asked to be kept informed all along for them to swoop as soon as we were approaching an agreement? We can only guess.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I dont know.. have we seen any official figures? There were also rumours that the valuation was a lot less before they moved the goal posts, but then again.. we dont know that for sure. These dealings are a lot more complicated than we tend to think, in my opinion.. Leeds might have asked to be kept informed all along for them to swoop as soon as we were approaching an agreement? We can only guess.

I'm only going by what i read on here as you say its guessing.

11 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Who said he didn't want to?

18 months left on contract so club had upper hand . He did put in a transfer request.

We couldn't speak to him whereas Leeds could because they met the valuation and we didn't.  

His decision was to stay or go to Leeds. We were not part of that equation.

Or should he have waited for our bid to increase dramatically (which it wouldn't have),  or even waited in the hope we'd return in 18 months for him? 

He can't decide on an offer that's not there.

I can't say with any honesty that I'd been following the issue in any detail, so if you say that Leeds and his club had the upper hand, I can't disagree with that.

40 minutes ago, TheBoyDave said:

I would have liked to get this signing but we did not succeed I will not be getting upset about this. Iwould like us to get a more defensive minded midfielder though.

has warbs  got a new target as he said he would get two in for monday ? assuming o halleron is the other one ?????

11 minutes ago, cd true bluenose said:

has warbs  got a new target as he said he would get two in for monday ? assuming o halleron is the other one ?????

Yeah his name was on the memo.  If you didn't get cc'd in that's no one's fault but your own.

Dunno how much he will be getting paid but being an English club I reckon it is way more than a Scottish team can afford, the guy wasn't a Rangers supporter and feels playing at Leeds would be best for him, good luck to him and I'm sure MW and DW will not be losing any sleep over it.

I doubt Rangers would spend 1 million per 1 player in this transfer window.  I even think 500k is abit over the top for ohalloran as I'm sure he only has 4 goals this season.   I'd like another forward and or a sitting midfielder but still confident of winning this division 

A lean squad (MW's  own assessment).   An apparently top target who apparently met MWs criteria for adding value on and off the pitch slips through the net to another club.   Would he have been a player that materially improved the prospect of promotion this season?   Well if MW thought so and it was a matter of insufficient money to close the deal then lets hope we are not looking back at this failed transfer attempt as a landmark of what might have been.    The point is - what price promotion if key target players are not landed.   

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

A lean squad (MW's  own assessment).   An apparently top target who apparently met MWs criteria for adding value on and off the pitch slips through the net to another club.   Would he have been a player that materially improved the prospect of promotion this season?   Well if MW thought so and it was a matter of insufficient money to close the deal then lets hope we are not looking back at this failed transfer attempt as a landmark of what might have been.    The point is - what price promotion if key target players are not landed.   

we have our value and won't go beyond it(about time to) If after negotiations we can't get the best deal for us its only right we move on to our next target.

16 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

we have our value and won't go beyond it(about time to) If after negotiations we can't get the best deal for us its only right we move on to our next target.

I have to agree with this, it's OK to go with the macho posturing but it's stupid if it drives the club into trouble.