Neil McCann

ready1873

How highly did you rate him? For me he was a terrific wee winger, all the attributes you could ask for. Sublime when we rattled the mankies in the tim meltdown 3-0 triumph. Another highlight was the excellent cross for THAT Lovenkrands goal.

Always speaks well of us without coming across as biased and perhaps a future coaching role in line?

9 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

The Jan-May the first year we bought him when he played upfront he was top class. He never really hit those heights again but remained a cracking wee player.

Was that during the short spell we played 3 up front due to injuries I think.. We were amazing during that period but changed back to 4 4 2 as manager wanted extra body in midfield.

McCann was excellent for us and as stated before is highly professional on tv and not a tosser like walker for example

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Other than Beckham I am struggling to think of a better crosser in world football - that I've seen.

I can't think of one, it hits home on a video on YouTube I think that Jules has made (Neil McCann Happy to assist)...

some of the crosses are absolutely superb, simply lifted from any angle with perfect weight and precision straight into the head or boot of the scorer

Most in big games too, I don't think you can teach that, just something McCann had mastered and was nature to him

Funnily enough I saw Neil on Wednesday at the Arnold event in Edinburgh and my friends I and were discussing what a great player he was and how if he could pass his crossing abilities on he would be a great addition to the coaching staff.  Then again I don't think talent like that can be taught.

For me,Neil McCann was one of the best wingers I have ever seen in my life (and that's saying something) His accuracy was astounding when crossing a ball from either wing and must have been a nightmare to mark. I remember him ripping us to shreds in the 1998 Cup final, but he was something special when he was with us.

As a pundit he is arguably the most unbiased ex-player on TV and his knowledge of the game is first class. I don't know how he would go in a coaching role,but if he could impart some of his skill to the likes of Barrie McKay then it would be a good appointment :pipe:

He did have a coaching role at Dunfermline so would imagine he does have an interest in coaching. As a few others have mentioned though he is a very good pundit and maybe sees that as his future in football. The wages at sky and BT won't be too bad.