Billy King - Welcome to The Rangers

eskbankloyal

2 hours ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Warburton obviously does though given that he had Eustace in for that role then when that fell through tried to sign Diagouraga.

and if warburton did, and we had the money, dont you think we'd have went a bit harder for the new leeds boy

so either warburton doesnt think its a priority, or were too skint to afford a half million pound player in a position warburton wants filled

23 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

I'm basing any conclusion I have made on what MW says. What are you basing yours on?

Show me the quote where Warburton says "I don't think we need a holding midfielder so that's why I didn't pay the fee for Diagouraga", because that's what you tried to claim in your other post. My conclusion  was that Warburton wanted to strengthen the defensive midfield and also experience within the team, you disagreed with that. I based my conclusions on what Warburton has said and done. He said several times in interviews leading up to the transfer window that he wanted to add experience to the squad. We tried to sign a defensive midfielder thus showing that Warburton wanted to strenghten in that area too. You tried to argue by drawing the conclusion that because we couldn't or wouldn't match the fee for him that it showed that Warburton wasn't all that fussed in not strengthening that position.

I'd also like to point out that I actually agree with not spending over the odds on players. My original point was that this hasn't been a succesful transfer window(so far) because we haven't strenghtened the most important area that many people would agree we need to. 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

what conclusion do you draw from the fact that warburton says we wont do short term fixes, and then we sign another boy for 6months

Well, considering many were complaining that we needed players in now to help us secure the league he is doing that. So it's a bit rich to take issue with it now, especially when the boy won this league last year.

While people may want us to sign players good enough for the premiership on long term deals in the January window it's just not the ideal time to do it. You'll either have to settle for players who aren't better than what we have or pay inflated fees for those who are better. Bringing in guys on contracts to the summer gives them an incentive to prove themselves to MW and gives MW the opportunity to see them up close.

The summer window after promotion will be a better time to bring in the calibre of players MW wants. Imo.

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

what conclusion do you draw from the fact that warburton says we wont do short term fixes, and then we sign another boy for 6months

I think its a very good bet that Hearts approached us given that King asked for a loan move for game time. That's just me drawing conclusions though.

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Well, considering many were complaining that we needed players in now to help us secure the league he is doing that. So it's a bit rich to take issue with it now, especially when the boy won this league last year.

While people may want us to sign players good enough for the premiership on long term deals in the January window it's just not the ideal time to do it. You'll either have to settle for players who aren't better than what we have or pay inflated fees for those who are better. Bringing in guys on contracts to the summer gives them an incentive to prove themselves to MW and gives MW the opportunity to see them up close.

The summer window after promotion will be a better time to bring in the calibre of players MW wants. Imo.

totally dodged the question, warburton says he wont do short term fixes, this window we have signed 3 players on 6 month deals, any shorter and they'd be midget deals

as for your last part, do you honestly believe that we will get good deals in the summer after winning promotion, when teams know full well that we need a good few players of quality for the top league, any player we enquire about in the summer will be massively inflated price wise

I didn't disagree with that @theclothmonster

I linked the article on the website where MW comments that the squad right now is good enough and where he listed Kiernan, Ball, Shiels, Zelalem, Thompson as able to fill that role until Halliday is back. My conclusion was that he doesn't appear desperate to bring in a DM as is being portrayed.

I said people can draw the conclusion MW isn't desperate for a DM because we didn't get in a bidding war for Diagouraga, if people wanted to. Similar to you drawing conclusions that we were unable to afford him.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

The player has the power Allan could have been at us if he wanted to The filth offered better wages so he sold his soul, i'm glad we missed out.

I'm led to believe from a good source that we offered comparative wages, and matched Celtic's bid. Hibs just would not sell to us.

Allan's choice was to stay at Hibs or join them. 

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

totally dodged the question, warburton says he wont do short term fixes, this window we have signed 3 players on 6 month deals, any shorter and they'd be midget deals

as for your last part, do you honestly believe that we will get good deals in the summer after winning promotion, when teams know full well that we need a good few players of quality for the top league, any player we enquire about in the summer will be massively inflated price wise

If they prove themselves up to the summer and MW feels they can do a job next year, and gives them longer deals it won't be a short term fix, will it? So cool your jets before beating the manager with that stick.

Do you think January is a better time to bring players in? I don't.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

I think it is,the quicker they're in the quicker they get bedded in for next season.

It's clearly not an ideal time to bring in players of the quality we all want. It's the middle of the season, any players available won't be getting games for their clubs so paying fees and giving out long contracts is a gamble with no guarantees. Those that would be considered good enough, better than what we have, will require inflated fees, which is less likely to offer us value, to get them or they just won't be available.

3 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

I didn't disagree with that @theclothmonster

I linked the article on the website where MW comments that the squad right now is good enough and where he listed Kiernan, Ball, Shiels, Zelalem, Thompson as able to fill that role until Halliday is back. My conclusion was that he doesn't appear desperate to bring in a DM as is being portrayed.

I said people can draw the conclusion we didn't get in a bidding war for Diagouraga, if people wanted to. Similar to you drawing conclusions that we were unable to afford him.

No you didn't, you posted this "Point is it's not something he appears, at least, to be desperate over. Not breaking the bank for Diagouraga can be viewed as proof of that, if people want" 

You were drawing conclusions that because we didn't overpay for Diagouraga it was proof that Warburton didn't think we needed to strenghten the holding role. You then called me out for drawing conclusions without seeing the irony in doing so. 

3 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

No you didn't, you posted this "Point is it's not something he appears, at least, to be desperate over. Not breaking the bank for Diagouraga can be viewed as proof of that, if people want" 

You were drawing conclusions that because we didn't overpay for Diagouraga it was proof that Warburton didn't think we needed to strenghten the holding role. You then called me out for drawing conclusions without seeing the irony in doing so. 

I'm not going to keep repeating myself. Read the website article, that is what I based my opinion that 'he doesn't appear desperate to add a DM right now' on.

I offered the "breaking the bank" as a counter conclusion, "if people wanted to", to your conclusion we didn't have the money.

This is a strange one indeed, after what MW has been quoted saying concerning short term signings, but only time will tell if this is a wise move, the player himself will be the obvious one to prove the point either way.

MW's short time with us has given us no reasons to believe he is not on the ball in his choices, and the role the players will fill within the team, so I will trust in his judgement and allow the players to prove MW right in choosing them for our Club, regardless of his change of heart in his quotes to the contrary.

Welcome to The Club Billy King I hope your stay is a successful one.

:uk:

Been wondering all night, what either club will benefit from this deal. Then I had a thought, we get King Billy on loan for six months, at the same time we (hopefully) get Templeton fit again, in the summer if Templeton is fit, we keep King and Temps returns to Hearts...everyone happy.

Anyone think this could be the plan?

21 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

If they prove themselves up to the summer and MW feels they can do a job next year, and gives them longer deals it won't be a short term fix, will it? So cool your jets before beating the manager with that stick.

Do you think January is a better time to bring players in? I don't.

If they prove themselves they could get offers from elsewhere and fuck off, leaving us with 3 player gap to fill in a summer before the top league 

Who says im beating the manager, he's working with what he has, pity it doesn't look much from the board 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If they prove themselves they could get offers from elsewhere and fuck off, leaving us with 3 player gap to fill in a summer before the top league 

Who says im beating the manager, he's working with what he has, pity it doesn't look much from the board 

Well, he's happy with the boards work Jim.

9 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

I'm not going to keep repeating myself. Read the website article, that is what I based my opinion that 'he doesn't appear desperate to add a DM right now' on.

I offered the "breaking the bank" as a counter conclusion, "if people wanted to", to your conclusion we didn't have the money.

I did read the article, the article you linked refers to cover for the Falkirk game with Halliday being unavailable. It has absolutely no bearing on whether he feels we need to strengthen the defensive midfield role during the transfer window or whether it played any part in the decision not to "break the bank" on Diagouraga. The fact that we tried to sign him in the first place show that he does indeed feel we need to strengthen there.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Or they could prove themselves then sign a longer contract with us,leaving us with 3 players making an impact and ready to go next season. 

The time to judge the board will be in the summer.