Billy King - Welcome to The Rangers

eskbankloyal

Just now, sammy cox said:

But they got there regardless of how bad that shower of shit are.They also knocked us out ,a Rangers  side costing a great bit more than them as well so it proves it can be done.

Kaunas as well was at both games and still trying to forget them.

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

We can still be successful whilst developing, its not the La Liga we will play in next season, Scottish Football is dire and if we get this footballing ethos correct then we will be even more successful than we could ever imagine.

How do we do that then if its that simple you tell me how Rangers supporters would sit about watching young players fail every week and say "oh we are developing talent" the stands would be empty and we would have no money.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

That's the dream obviously.

But we aren't going to reap the benefits of the youth academy for years to come yet.

Tbf we have been signing numerous young players. The likes of Thompson(18), Lang(18), Gibson(18), Leacock McLeod(19) etc.

MW is building a stable of young, quality prospects.

6 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

By developing players, Ajax can do it, Porto can do it, why can't we?

While I actually agree with your point, I wish people wouldn't use Porto as a reference point for this argument. They did €150 million of transfer business last summer. They have quality we can only dream about.

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

We can still be successful whilst developing, its not the La Liga we will play in next season, Scottish Football is dire and if we get this footballing ethos correct then we will be even more successful than we could ever imagine.

I know the point you're making here but we're going to hit a roadblock when we get to the qualifying rounds,the mistake the filth have made is that they haven't spent money on quality and that's why they've been getting ragdolled in Europe.

It's one thing being good enough domestically but at some stage a fair chunk of money will have to be spent to allow ourselves to reap the rewards financially from the CL group stage.

Just now, Smile said:

Kaunas as well was at both games and still trying to forget them.

Exactly how much had they spent.There seems to be a chain of thought here that if we spend millions then we must be guaranteed success.How is European success measured,spending 20 million on players and wages to get fucked out by Kaunus or Malmo.Have we not learned anything from the DA and WS years.Im not totally sure but I do believe  McCleish got us further than DA and WS with a smaller budget than any of them.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

How do we do that then if its that simple you tell me how Rangers supporters would sit about watching young players fail every week and say "oh we are developing talent" the stands would be empty and we would have no money.

How do you know they will fail? The players we have developed this season have not failed, and as the quality of opposition increases our quality too will increase.

Why can't we just enjoy the fact that we have a manager who has us playing attractive football whilst using loans and bargain signings?  We can always go back to paying 1 million for James beauties etc or 400 k for bedoyas etc and play absolute garbage.  I know what I'm happier with.

posters go on about King saying this and that about investment but  never really questioned the whole bph and 25 million quotes which were down right lies.   King and his board have invested in the club as a whole, call it loans or what you will but they are and will only be repaid in shares.  

We're ticking along nicely so stop the greetin

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

How do you know they will fail? The players we have developed this season have not failed, and as the quality of opposition increases our quality too will increase.

We are playing against fuck all though the only decent challenge we have had this year was against StJohnstone and they beat us with ease.

Our quality of players will not just come about due to good management, Warburton may wear a magic hat but even he's not a magician, money will have to be spent.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I know the point you're making here but we're going to hit a roadblock when we get to the qualifying rounds,the mistake the filth have made is that they haven't spent money on quality and that's why they've been getting ragdolled in Europe.

It's one thing being good enough domestically but at some stage a fair chunk of money will have to be spent to allow ourselves to reap the rewards financially from the CL group stage.

But the filth aren't even developing their players either. I can understand the fact that money will need to be spent to get to the group stages, but its far from millions upon millions. Its probably possible with the correct scouting, to get into the group stages spending less than £5m.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

So spending money guarantees success. 

If half the posters on this forum were in charge I reckon we would've paid Hearts £2m loan fee by now. 

Spending money rarely guarantees success. Ask van gaal.

In our current situation and looking ahead to hopefully the summer of 2017,how are we going to get into the CL without spending money?

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

So spending money guarantees success. 

If half the posters on this forum were in charge I reckon we would've paid Hearts £2m loan fee by now. 

Spending money rarely guarantees success. Ask van gaal.

That's just being stupid now there was/is a decent debate going on with differing points of view the post you have made offers nothing.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

That's just being stupid now there was/is a decent debate going on with differing points of view the post you have made offers nothing.

Whys that? Spending money doesn't guarantee success its a fact or am I missing the point? 

Talking about posts... Yours are the most ridiculous ave ever seen. Sarcastically taking the piss out of everything that goes on at the club. Literally everything. 

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

We are playing against fuck all though the only decent challenge we have had this year was against StJohnstone and they beat us with ease.

Our quality of players will not just come about due to good management, Warburton may wear a magic hat but even he's not a magician, money will have to be spent.

Rome wasn't built in a day, obviously we will have slip ups (even though we should have beat St Johnstone IMO) but we are still only 6 months into the restructure of our full footballing ethos. 

Money will probably have to be spent, but nowhere near the level you think. 

5 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Its probably possible with the correct scouting, to get into the group stages spending less than £5m.

In fairness you could probably be right looking at the teams from this.

ZbI81RQ.jpg

Then again we could get come up against one of those unknown teams from the middle of nowhere who've spent an absolute fortune :lol: 

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

Rome wasn't built in a day, obviously we will have slip ups (even though we should have beat St Johnstone IMO) but we are still only 6 months into the restructure of our full footballing ethos. 

Money will probably have to be spent, but nowhere near the level you think. 

Fuck Rome.

What level is it i think ?

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Whys that? Spending money doesn't guarantee success its a fact or am I missing the point? 

Talking about posts... Yours are the most ridiculous ave ever seen. Sarcastically taking the piss out of everything that goes on at the club. Literally everything. 

More ridiculous than stating we would offer 2 million for a loan player, troll on.