Billy King - Welcome to The Rangers

eskbankloyal

20 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Concerned over one apparent failed transfer? Come on. 

Do you honestly believe our transfer policy should be to pay what clubs want no questions asked or should it be based on the knowledge of the manager and his team? 

No I expect our transfer policy to be to strengthen weaknesses in our team. Currently that would be a holding midfielder with experience, of course we could sign someone in the remaining days of the window and my comment would look pretty silly.

4 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

No I expect our transfer policy to be to strengthen weaknesses in our team. Currently that would be a holding midfielder with experience, of course we could sign someone in the remaining days of the window and my comment would look pretty silly.

The manager doesn't currently see it as weakness.

“We have the likes of Dominic Ball and the likes of Rob Kiernan who have both played there. We have Dean Shiels, we have Jordan Thompson, and we have Gedion Zelalemto give us lot of different combinations.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/well-get-andy-loss/

11 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

We have replaced Oduwa essentially with King. 

I agree we need a DM. but it really isn't essential at this point in time.

4 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

The manager doesn't currently see it as weakness.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/well-get-andy-loss/

Actually he does. The one thing he can actually be quoted for with regards for what he was looking for in the transfer window was experience to help the young lads along. Add to that the fact that he tried to sign the Brentford guy suggests he thinks we need a defensive mid too. 

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

How is that an example? How can you buy when the other club point blank refuses to sell?

We wanted Scott Allan but we lost out.  Same goes for Diagouraga.  That's two players.  

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

Actually he does. The one thing he can actually be quoted for with regards for what he was looking for in the transfer window was experience to help the young lads along. Add to that the fact that he tried to sign the Brentford guy suggests he thinks we need a defensive mid too. 

Point is it's not something he appears, at least, to be desperate over. Not breaking the bank for Diagouraga can be viewed as proof of that, if people want.

25 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Do you seriously hand on heart believe we were never in for Diagouraga?

I believe we were interested in the guy and probably did bid with a valuation aided by MW. Again its speculation and if the papers are to be believed then this is the one missed transfer target out of 13 Ive referred to. I honestly believe people are going way OTT with regards to transfers at the moment. 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We wanted Scott Allan but we lost out.  Same goes for Diagouraga.  That's two players.  

How can you loose out on a player when the parent club refuse to sell to suit their bigoted agenda? If we offered £1m for Allan they still wouldn't have taken it. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

How can you loose out on a player when the parent club refuse to sell to suit their bigoted agenda? If we offered £1m for Allan they still wouldn't have taken it. 

The player has the power Allan could have been at us if he wanted to The filth offered better wages so he sold his soul, i'm glad we missed out.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

The player has the power Allan could have been at us if he wanted to The filth offered better wages so he sold his soul, i'm glad we missed out.

Yes but none of that is our fault which was the point of the poster, Allan is a scumbag who sold his soul for the money, he was never a Rangers fan. Hope he fucking rots with the rest of them.

4 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Point is it's not something he appears, at least, to be desperate over. Not breaking the bank for Diagouraga can be viewed as proof of that, if people want.

Not being able to afford someone does not show proof that you weren't fussed on losing out on him. 

Just now, theclothmonster said:

Not being able to afford someone does not show proof that you weren't fussed on losing out on him. 

That's you drawing your own conclusions. Not being able to afford a player is not the same as not willing to go over our valuation. But, that argument has been done to a tedious death on here. So, I'll leave it here with a welcome to King, Billy and wish him good luck.

Just now, AlBear85 said:

That's you drawing your own conclusions. Not being able to afford a player is not the same as not willing to go over our valuation. But, that argument has been done to a tedious death on here. So, I'll leave it here with a welcome to King, Billy and wish him good luck.

But it's ok for you to draw conclusions on the fact that we didnt spend the money(that we don't have) on Diagouraga to say that Warburton wasn't fussed about strengthening the defensive midfield position? Double standards much?

King Billy was rated above Holt  - one of the best players we have seen in this "journey" pull on a rangers top.

We wanted him on here before so why don't we want him now ?

If he does the business we can buy him after the loan. Proven to be good in the prem this season and was great last season. Like has been already said if he wants to come and we want him they will sell. Player has the power 

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

Tom English on Radio Scotland said tonight basically that our bids for players were based on what we could afford and not on our true valuations based on ability so at least he has some on here that agree with him.

8 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

But it's ok for you to draw conclusions on the fact that we didnt spend the money(that we don't have) on Diagouraga to say that Warburton wasn't fussed about strengthening the defensive midfield position? Double standards much?

I'm basing any conclusion I have made on what MW says. What are you basing yours on?