Zelalem: 30th best young player in world football

Amato

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. The people who make out as if Zelalem shouldn't be on that list are all a bit whiney & seem to think they know it all when they don't. Zelalem has probably forgotten more about football already than most of you will ever know..

Gedion oozes class as the pinion at the centre of our attack which regularly has to face a barrier of nine players in and around the eighteen yard box plus he has added to his defensive involvement which was almost non existent when he first arrived here. 
I'm certain that he will go on and participate at the highest level of the game and for me it has been a privilege to have witnessed a small part of his journey there.

Wow.......are we talking about the same player that was non existent against Morton?? I just can't see this guys talent at all, he offers us nothing and if you compare him to a jack Wilshere when he was the same age then Zelalem looks like an amateur player. I would be very surprised if he makes it at the top level but I hope he proves me wrong.  

It's hilarious how people can't see the talent Zelalem has :D 

He just turned 19 a few days ago. He is held in high regard at Arsenal as he has already made his first team debut, Warburton obviously rates him up here and he's already represented America at Under 20 and Under 23 level. Yet posters on here think he's shite....

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

So you are saying he has no talent?  

He is neat and tidy, can shimmy and drag back to wrong foot a defender, but his passing is poor, goal scoring non existant, in the big picture he offers nowhere near the contribution of BM for example, squad player at best imo, I would be interested to know why he is held in such high esteem by others and what he has done to make you think he can make a living in the game?

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

He is neat and tidy, can shimmy and drag back to wrong foot a defender, but his passing is poor, goal scoring non existant, in the big picture he offers nowhere near the contribution of BM for example, squad player at best imo, I would be interested to know why he is held in such high esteem by others and what he has done to make you think he can make a living in the game?

Read what you said at the beginning and I  you will see you answered your own question.  He has just turned 19, so be g a squad player is fine.  He reads the game well, his passing is fine ashe often uses the simple ball just as Ferguson used to do and is always available for the return pass.  

Will he be as big as the hype suggests, well history will be the judge.

Some of the comments on RM are reminiscent of the comments made about Arteta when he was at Rangers and yet he has had the most successful spell in the EPL of a y midfielder who traded Rangers for England.

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Read what you said at the beginning and I  you will see you answered your own question.  He has just turned 19, so be g a squad player is fine.  He reads the game well, his passing is fine ashe often uses the simple ball just as Ferguson used to do and is always available for the return pass.  

Will he be as big as the hype suggests, well history will be the judge.

Some of the comments on RM are reminiscent of the comments made about Arteta when he was at Rangers and yet he has had the most successful spell in the EPL of a y midfielder who traded Rangers for England.

Ferguson was head and shoulders above him as a player at that age, Barry or Derek take your pick or Durrant, Arteta cost us 6 million quid ffs after Flo and Ball  he was the next  highest fee paid so he should be the finshed article , I am not digging him out I just don't get the hype, consistant  5 or 6/10.

5 months ago he was a world beater, and now he is shite? Some of us need to cool our jets!

At the time I and a few others were lambasted for saying that Law would be a better option in some games. How times change.

The lad clearly has talent. Unfortunately not every talented teen goes on to make it - Fleck being a case in point.

I hope he does well.