NFL

Clemdog

43 minutes ago, jimbobgers said:

I’m working all weekend then today again so I wasn’t able to sit up and watch both games I’ll watch highlights later when I’m home 

congrats on your team making it mate! 
you think this will be their year? 
every year my mates come to mine for Super Bowl so I’ll cheer you guys on! 

No idea mate, I hate the sight of the Chiefs :lol:

Delighted to be there, but can’t ever underestimate Mahomes in the big games. Thought we had the better of them a few years back and he ruined my happiness right at the end 

I thought more people would have been behind the Niners now since there hasn’t been a Super Bowl win since the mid 90s and the Chiefs have won a couple in recent years, but nope, everyone just hates seeing both the 49ers and Chiefs in it apparently :lol:

I think it’ll be a great game personally 

The Chiefs are the chippiest team in the NFL. They tried to get the Ravens players to lose their minds and they succeeded. There’s no reason for Kelce to be pushing and shoving and jawing well after the play is over and off the ball. The Ravens were stupid enough to bite. That doesn’t make it right. 

As my wife pointed out, you didn’t see any of that in the Lions 49ers game.

On 29/01/2024 at 19:14, BuffaloUSAGers said:

The Chiefs are the chippiest team in the NFL. They tried to get the Ravens players to lose their minds and they succeeded. There’s no reason for Kelce to be pushing and shoving and jawing well after the play is over and off the ball. The Ravens were stupid enough to bite.

if anything the Ravens gameplan included all the dark arts to try and put the Chiefs off their game, they've got one of the best ever partnerships in Mahomes and Kelce and not sure what you mean by chippiest but they look like the most assured team that know what to do to get to the superbowl every year. Think thats about 4 in 6? The Ravens done some daft as fuck stuff but thats probably because they felt they needed to.

8 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

No idea mate, I hate the sight of the Chiefs :lol:

Delighted to be there, but can’t ever underestimate Mahomes in the big games. Thought we had the better of them a few years back and he ruined my happiness right at the end 

I thought more people would have been behind the Niners now since there hasn’t been a Super Bowl win since the mid 90s and the Chiefs have won a couple in recent years, but nope, everyone just hates seeing both the 49ers and Chiefs in it apparently :lol:

I think it’ll be a great game personally 

Yeah I don’t hate the chiefs but for me, they becoming the new patriots! I get sick of seeing them there or there abouts each year now 😂 mahomes is class though and they will be tough to beat! however, I’m just watching the niners highlights after work and mccaffrey, purdy, aiyuk bosa kittle etc are top top players for one match I’ll be hoping you guys ain’t talking about the mid 90’s anymore, this team have a great chance of beating the chiefs 

slow start against the lions who dominated the first half but niners turned the screw second half and took the game aiyuk catching off the helmet summed it up 😂

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

if anything the Ravens gameplan included all the dark arts to try and put the Chiefs off their game, they've got one of the best ever partnerships in Mahomes and Kelce and not sure what you mean by chippiest but they look like the most assured team that know what to do to get to the superbowl every year. Think thats about 4 in 6? The Ravens done some daft as fuck stuff but thats probably because they felt they needed to then made an arse of it.

The Ravens indiscipline cost them with late hits, roughing the passer and got out of their game plan which ended up letting the Chiefs manage the game out, very similar to the Pats at their best when teams were beat mentally before taking to the field.

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

if anything the Ravens gameplan included all the dark arts to try and put the Chiefs off their game, they've got one of the best ever partnerships in Mahomes and Kelce and not sure what you mean by chippiest but they look like the most assured team that know what to do to get to the superbowl every year. Think thats about 4 in 6? The Ravens done some daft as fuck stuff but thats probably because they felt they needed to then made an arse of it.

Chippiest = wind up merchants. Three Chiefs Approaching a Ravens player before the game right up in his face? Check. Kelce hitting defenders well after the whistle was blown and jawing with them, over and over? Check. He eventually drew the stupid head butt penalty on Van Noy. They do barely legal shit to try to get in the heads of their opponents. Sadly the Ravens bought it.

14 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

She’s apparently on tour when the Super Bowls on so isn’t expected to make it 

She's got a full day to get back apparently or she just make it to the stadium with mile by mile commentary her boyfriend will score the winning touch down proposing to her at the end of the game.

So the nfl script conspiracy nutters think.

12 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Should be a good game Sunday. Wonder if they can do it back-to-back.

4/5 of the last years being there, the other teams must be hating them by now. 

Can’t stand them. Haven’t been able to tolerate them since we lost to them in the 2019 Super Bowl

Absolute collapse by the 49ers in the final moments of the 4th quarter in that game, but ever since I watched Mahomes go from basically crying on his bench in that quarter to being a cocky bastard I haven’t been able to bear them. That coupled with the Taylor Swift/Travis Kelce thing this season makes them unbearable 

43 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Can’t stand them. Haven’t been able to tolerate them since we lost to them in the 2019 Super Bowl

Absolute collapse by the 49ers in the final moments of the 4th quarter in that game, but ever since I watched Mahomes go from basically crying on his bench in that quarter to being a cocky bastard I haven’t been able to bear them. That coupled with the Taylor Swift/Travis Kelce thing this season makes them unbearable 

Aye they feel like maybe a new Patriots or something like that. You managed to get any good content in the build-up to it or not really bothered about that kinda thing? Funnily enough did watch the Kelce brothers podcast, at least the part they actually previewed the game.

The guys from that Bussin with the boys are too busy gambling I think and Barstool sports just seemed to talk shite and slag each other.:lol:

Best podcast for NFL is Around The NFL bit of humour and in depth analysis.

Looking forward to the game, should be a good one as the two teams are quite different in style and coaching.

Monday booked off so will be going on the bevvy about 8ish and start working out some bet builders up to about 10 then get some food out before KO at back of 11 and then get focused on the game.

2 hours ago, ayro said:

start working out some bet builders up to about 10

Thoughts on:

Both QB’s 200+ Passing Yds + a passing TD each

CMC & Pacheco 75+ Rushing Yds

Kelce & CMC anytime TD’s

17 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Thoughts on:

Both QB’s 200+ Passing Yds + a passing TD each

CMC & Pacheco 75+ Rushing Yds

Kelce & CMC anytime TD’s

Solid choices mate, would also look at the over amount of yards for Mahomes and Purdy running will probably be over 15 and you will get about evens.

I would also look at Deebo running depending on yardage.

5 hours ago, CR3 said:

Aye they feel like maybe a new Patriots or something like that. You managed to get any good content in the build-up to it or not really bothered about that kinda thing? Funnily enough did watch the Kelce brothers podcast, at least the part they actually previewed the game.

The guys from that Bussin with the boys are too busy gambling I think and Barstool sports just seemed to talk shite and slag each other.:lol:

Don’t really regularly listen to podcasts or anything like that for any sport I watch tbh mate.

Although I do like sticking the American sports channels on iptv on the day of the Super Bowl and watching build up for hours :lol:

Starting to feel the excitement build up now, mates are coming to mine about 3, get the build up on from America, got the poker table out, few wee rounds of virtual golf, beers in the fridge and all ready for kick off at 11:30 

agreeing with Williamson, the whole swift thing does my tits in and for that reason as well as my team no being there I guess I will support one for a night, I hope the niners fuckin ruin the chiefs 😁