that'll be the league bye then

6superbarry6

4 hours ago, Dubaijim said:

Don't speak too soon - recall McCoist's side shedding more points in fewer games in his first season prior to admin.

we have an actual manager now tho,Warburton is about as far from McCoist as it gets thankfully, Naismith pretty much carried until his injury that season

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's looking good guys, but no need to go overboard at either end of the scale.

Those suggesting caution, well naw - we're entitled to celebrate our 'rivals' tripping up; but those singing champi-on-ees do need to recognise that it's not over until it's mathematically over.

No one can argue that we're not in a great position though :pipe:

I'm old enough to remember Ally McLeod and the 1978 World Cup

I ain't buying this "League is over" pish

It's better looking than it was yesterday but it most definitely isn't over. There's a whole load of football to be played yet and we shouldn't be taking anything for granted.

Remaining league games -

Rangers

St Mirren - Home
Raith Rovers - Home
Morton - Home
Falkrik - Away
Queen of the South - Home
Raith - Away
Dumbarton - Home
Livingston - Away
Allow - Home
St Mirren Away
Hibs - Away (to be scheduled)

Hivs

Dumbarton - Away
Queen of the South - Away
Raith Rovers - Away
Dumbarton - Home
St Mirren - Away
Livingston - Home
Alloa - Away
Falkirk - Home
Morton - Away
Queen of the South - Home
Rangers - Home (to be scheduled)

11 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Yeah it's not like we've won 11 out of 12 home matches this season and have six left to play which don't include two of the top three teams in the league!

Hibs obviously didn't drop 6 points in August, 5 in Dec and already five in Feb with an away game at a ground they already lost this season at the weekend!

Hibs won't have any pressure on them, they can still afford to drop more points, eh?

We're under so much pressure with Hibs breathing down our necks. 

Anybody that thinks Hibs will go on a winning run when they can't afford to drop anymore points, have two big cup games coming up are deluded. 

As DBBTB said, it would be a disaster if we don't secure automatic promotion from this position. The pressure is on Hibs and we'll win this league with at least an 8 point gap, you can quote me on this.

Yeah we forgot we just won 1-0 at QOTS after playing two tricky away fixtures before it, even when we played our poorest game of the season and looked jaded for the last 20 minutes. I shudder to think what our results will be when the team performs better in the next month!!

Some of our fans absolutely astound me. They act like we're not winning games and Hibs are playing like Barcelona. Get a fucking grip and cheer up, would think Hibs just took over us at the top of the league tonight ffs..

Absolute fucking trash talk. You said second place was in the bag last year, 11 points we had on them cunts and they went on a unbeaten run of 15 games, which forced us into second and a lottery against QOS which we were lucky to scrap through. Like I said, short fucking memories.

35 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

It's better looking than it was yesterday but it most definitely isn't over. There's a whole load of football to be played yet and we shouldn't be taking anything for granted.

And I'm old enough to remember Devon Loch at Aintree. Different sport but a similar scenario. I honestly believe we will be champions but......

47 minutes ago, sergio said:

Absolute fucking trash talk. You said second place was in the bag last year, 11 points we had on them cunts and they went on a unbeaten run of 15 games, which forced us into second and a lottery against QOS which we were lucky to scrap through. Like I said, short fucking memories.

spot on, folks getting a bonner about that lot getting stuffed is fine - but don't line that up with us winning the league, that is something we have to concentrate on 100% - let's not get ahead of ourselves.

56 minutes ago, sergio said:

can you really compare this side to the absolute shambles of last season? we are effectively 9 clear of Hibs we've dropped 12 points all season so are we likely to drop 9 more than them in just 11 games left,its done

1 hour ago, Falcoholic said:

Remember,  Were on the march with Ally's army were  going to the Argentine.  I will get you singing this.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

You see their players like Gray, Mgeoch just strolling about letting players stroll past them.

it'll be satisfying seeing them end the season with fuck all and missing promotion,they'd go into meltdown haha,i dunno why some on here have such a hardon for them realistically only Cummings would get into our side

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

it'll be satisfying seeing them end the season with fuck all and missing promotion,they'd go into meltdown haha,i dunno why some on here have such a hardon for them realistically only Cummings would get into our side

It would be quite funny, cummings is a decent player for a young striker released by Hearts but i do rate Stevenson as well he always causes us problems.