that'll be the league bye then

6superbarry6

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Who on here was saying that because they signed Stokes on loan he would basically turn things round for Hibs.

Oh well, at least he was wrong in a good way!

I will happily take 1-0 wins to the end of the season for us.  In ALL competitions!

Hate to disagree mate but he has turned things around, they were winning till he signed.  Wanker that he is......    

We've already lost to Hibs and a Falkirk away this season. Tonight is great, it's just about over. But 'just about' isnt job done. We just need to keep on winning, 3 home games coming up, Hibs have to travel Saturday and next Tuesday and have touh cup matches to follow. We're in a great position, and we're 90% there. Got to get over that line though. Up our game, win these 3 home games before Falkirk away. One at a time bears. St Mirren first. We're almost there.

It was a very good result for the simple reason that it fucked up their "game in hand" logic, but to treat it as a result that wraps up the league for us is being slightly optimistic with eleven games remaining.

It certainly has made a big dent to Hibs hopes of winning the league and while I think they will drop more points chasing us I will wait until it's mathematically impossible for them to catch us before I celebrate. I've seen too many " It's all over" moments in football that go arse up very quickly; the main one being us in season 2011-12 where by November 5 we held a 15 point lead over second place Motherwell and fucked it up within the space of six weeks.

Certainly a different scenario to this campaign, but a warning none the less that anything can happen in football. :pipe:

8 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

effectively 9 points with goal difference and 11 games to go, mate its done

Don't speak too soon - recall McCoist's side shedding more points in fewer games in his first season prior to admin.

5 hours ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Who on here was saying that because they signed Stokes on loan he would basically turn things round for Hibs.

I will happily take 1-0 wins to the end of the season for us.  In ALL competitions!

TBH I said him and Thomson (if fit) would be 2 good signings for them. Still could be. Will be delighted to be proven wrong, though.

Excellent result but according to reports hibs should've been out of sight in the first 10 mins. 8 points at end of February is a huge gap considering results so far this season.  

I don't think we'll drop enough points for them to catch us but you can't say it's over.. Yet.

back on grass this Saturday and with such s huge gap I'm hoping warburton gives tavernier and Wallace licence to bomb forward again to really turn the screw and increase the gap and goals count.

7 hours ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Oh there were a few on the ( strong enough to win the league post ) started about 3 weeks ago telling us how lucky we were against Hivs and how Hivs could have done this and how we could have slipped up here and how signing that venomous cunt stokes was good for Hivs and how Hivs wont be running scared of MOH and they call themselves Rangers fans a bunch of fuckwits is what id call them.

3 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

I see the stewards had to break up the fighting at the end of the game among their own fans hahahaha

I wonder if that will be picked up by any of the" press",highly unlikely be brushed under the carpet as per normal.

definitely puts us in a stronger position but still not done yet. focus on the next game and getting the 3 points. 

hibs on the other hand now need to deal with both the pressure of chasing us for 1st and maintaining 2nd position because Falkirk are only 5 points behind them. If Hibs bottle it anymore then Falkirk will overtake then. Maybe they will just settle for play offs now and try stay in front of Falkirk.