that'll be the league bye then

6superbarry6

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

League was already won before last nights result.

Hibs are bottle merchants,  as seen last night, when push comes to shove it's in their nature to fail. 

I also believe we are the better team and over the course we've got more than enough especially with a eight point advantage. 

Congratulations to all the lads, well deserved champions.

Great job by Warburton and Weir to turn the mess we had into this.

Maybe give a few of the under 17's a game on Saturday, give Wes a rest and see what this Polish guy can do in goals.

Can concentrate on the Scottish Cup now.

Buzzing.

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

can you really compare this side to the absolute shambles of last season? we are effectively 9 clear of Hibs we've dropped 12 points all season so are we likely to drop 9 more than them in just 11 games left,its done

That's a good point, but one that can't be answered yet. We are entering a crucial period in the season, we will find out if the team have what it takes to go on and win the league, 75% of that team have never experienced that and we have lost our main goal threat.  I just hope the team are not as complacent as some people are on this thread. 

15 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Maybe give a few of the under 17's a game on Saturday, give Wes a rest and see what this Polish guy can do in goals.

Buzzing.

:D

33 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Buzzing.

:wink:

28 minutes ago, sergio said:

That's a good point, but one that can't be answered yet. We are entering a crucial period in the season, we will find out if the team have what it takes to go on and win the league, 75% of that team have never experienced that and we have lost our main goal threat.  I just hope the team are not as complacent as some people are on this thread. 

im sure the gaffer will have them focused remember none of the Hibs players will have been involved in a title race either i'd be looking for the likes Wallace and even Davie Weir to be drilling whats required into the more inexperienced lads

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

spot on, folks getting a bonner about that lot getting stuffed is fine - but don't line that up with us winning the league, that is something we have to concentrate on 100% - let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Would that be a Pakis bonner?   :D

Like you said nothing has changed we go into every game looking to and expecting to win.

in our last 4 games I would play all the young boys and ones who haven't been in the team much including the goalie we brought in and see how they come along ,in the team and playing at ibrox and then MW  and  U.S. Fans  can get a look at them as well. I know 4 games isn't a great deal but if we just kept going with the regulars then they probably wouldn't be as interested as a few of the fringe players who will be champing at the bit for a game. 

25 minutes ago, Fabric said:

in our last 4 games I would play all the young boys and ones who haven't been in the team much including the goalie we brought in and see how they come along ,in the team and playing at ibrox and then MW  and  U.S. Fans  can get a look at them as well. I know 4 games isn't a great deal but if we just kept going with the regulars then they probably wouldn't be as interested as a few of the fringe players who will be champing at the bit for a game. 

That won't work. We'll need to play our strongest team in the run up to the Scottish cup final. :party:

Just now, blueretro said:

That won't work. We'll need to play our strongest team in the run up to the Scottish cup final. :party:

Wasn't thinking there mate haha to fuck with what I said then. I would love us to win that while. We were in the championship and honestly think out of all the supporters of Scottish teams its the Bears who deserve it more after all the shit we have had to put up with and it would be a great big G.I.R.U.Y. Here's hoping:7325: