Lee Wallace 200th appearance

NABear

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legend isn't a word that should be used lightly but if when he lifts the Premier League trophy that's exactly how he should be remembered. 

Could've deserted us like many others but stuck by us in our time of need and his commitment to the cause should never be forgotten. Proud to have him as our left back and captain and is hopefully here for years to come.

No surrender big man ?

Takes a fucking fantastic picture, as do all of our players. Due to the floodgate of happiness surrounding us right now there's been so many amazing moments capturing the sheer passion and joy on their faces, which have been enhanced with some incredible photography.....

Ccz71FqWoAEp0VC.jpg

If I'm honest, I would have been happy to see the back of him after last season, along with Miller. What a turn around though, they both have been like new signings for us this year and I think Kenny will be important for us again next year if he stays clear of injury.

22 hours ago, tyabb bear said:

When Wallace came to our club he struggled to find consistency and form. Over the ensuing years he has grown as a player and more importantly as a Ranger. When he took over the captaincy I did not think he was cut-out for the job but I was so wrong, he has a presence both on and off the park and he surely is what a Rangers captain should be. Will he be another John Greg ? No, there will only be one of him.......but who is to say in twenty or thirty years people will say to their children Lee Wallace he was the greatest Rangers captain I have ever seen. 

Lee Wallace was amazing his first season here in the SPL, so I don't know how you can say he struggled?

14 minutes ago, BEE said:

Tempted to bump the thread in which many were saying he wasn't fit to be captain.

Proved a lot on here wrong.

To be fair there was quite a spell where he, his team mates, and the management just weren't good enough. I think he's even acknowledged himself that the performances weren't good enough, personally and collectively, to his credit. That says a lot about him though, and the way he has come back is very commendable. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if you don't perform, especially at a club like us, you will get criticised. Some of the criticism was probably over the top, however most would have been said in anger and frustration at how bad we had become. We really were in a bad way and everyone has received criticism at some point.

Wallace to his enormous credit has not only got back to the level of player we first signed but has pushed on, and pushed on quite significantly. He has grown as a man, a footballer, and a captain. Warburton and the management team have certainly played their part, as have the additions of a better quality of player but most of the credit has to go to Wallace himself. He has heart, passion, desire, integrity, leadership. He is stronger, faster, fitter than ever and really has evolved into a top class full back. His engine is incredible and he has developed his technical ability tenfold. He deserves all the plaudits that are coming his way. He has earned every last one of them Additionally he is the most humble star you could ever wish for. A fantastic role model for all young Rangers players to aspire to be and it is an honour for us to have him captaining our great club...........

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Lee Wallace was amazing his first season here in the SPL, so I don't know how you can say he struggled?

He never put a run of good games together only showed what he was capable of. He had a strong end to that season culminating in a great goal against the dhims. He was one of those players who were good enough to pull the shirt on but mentally struggled to be a Ranger. Now.... Well he could go down as one of our greatest captains.  Lee Wallace he does not do walking away.

Great goal & a fitting way to mark his 200th.

Thought he was spending time a bit more through the middle (2nd half, especially), so I was pleased he achieved what he was obviously (to me, at least!) looking for.

Couldn't argue with KM as MoM, but thought it might have headed Lee's way, on this particular occasion.

9 hours ago, tyabb bear said:

He never put a run of good games together only showed what he was capable of. He had a strong end to that season culminating in a great goal against the dhims. He was one of those players who were good enough to pull the shirt on but mentally struggled to be a Ranger. Now.... Well he could go down as one of our greatest captains.  Lee Wallace he does not do walking away.

Lee Wallace had a great first season, so much so he kept big Sasa out the team when he returned from injury.  The lower leagues he was inconsistent, but the SPL season he was different class.