The Great Waldo

JCDBigBear

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Don't b a stranger ... said:

This.

for too long we have watched players come and go claiming to " realise a dream on playing for rangers" when all they have done is pick up a pay packet 3 times what most other clubs in Scotland would give them whilst returning nowhere near the same value in effort and performances

I must admit last season I doubted if his heart was in it , but quite clearly he was affected by the farce running about around him, he could have taken the easy way out and got a move .....but he didn't, he's here now to lead our club back to where we belong , said it in a number of posts already but I think ibrox will burst with pride when that man lifts the first of many league titles above his head as skipper

Welcome to the forum, that's a fair appraisal on our skipper, and yip your spot on when that trophy is raised it will be a roar like no other.

Our captain and our leader. He deserves all the success in the world, and with what we're building I think he just might get it. Will be the greatest moment in our club's history when Lee sets his hands on our trophy to raise it for 55 in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, aussieranger said:

And to think that Waldo can't make the Scotland squad yet they have that oxygen thief Brown not only playing but leading scotland, just goes to show what a feckin bellend Strapon is, feckin joke. 

Glad us bears have Wallace all to ourselves, absolute superb captain and class act.

He is too good for the Scotland team mate. As he said, he's a winner

A player who can always look back and say he was with the famous Rangers when they were in the lower leagues and helped them get back to their rightful place. This demotion isn't a piece of our fantastic history we will look back on with great fondness but his name will always raise a smile and a sense of pride.

I said before the gaffer came in that I would have sold Lee, I was wrong and should have trusted my initial instinct and realised he was dragged down by shit management and shit all around him.

I don't show emotion much but I'm pretty certain I'll shed a tear when we win the top league again, just after all the shit we've been through, and who more deserving to lift it than Lee?

2 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

A player who can always look back and say he was with the famous Rangers when they were in the lower leagues and helped them get back to their rightful place. This demotion isn't a piece of our fantastic history we will look back on with great fondness but his name will always raise a smile and a sense of pride.

I said before the gaffer came in that I would have sold Lee, I was wrong and should have trusted my initial instinct and realised he was dragged down by shit management and shit all around him.

I don't show emotion much but I'm pretty certain I'll shed a tear when we win the top league again, just after all the shit we've been through, and who more deserving to lift it than Lee?

I'm 65 and I have never and can honestly say I have never seen a Rangers supporter cry when we got beat. I have only ever saw tears of joy and shed tears of joy at some results along the way. Like yerself I will shed tears of joy when we next win the SPL and this will help to cleanse the whole of Scottish Football when it happens. 

8 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

I'm 65 and I have never and can honestly say I have never seen a Rangers supporter cry when we got beat. I have only ever saw tears of joy and shed tears of joy at some results along the way. Like yerself I will shed tears of joy when we next win the SPL and this will help to cleanse the whole of Scottish Football when it happens. 

You obviously weren't at Hampden on October 1957 standing beside me and a lot of other young Bears,Scotty :anguish: The only time in my life I have cried at a football match: The next time will be when we win title # 55. :21::pipe:

8 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

You obviously weren't at Hampden on October 1957 standing beside me and a lot of other young Bears,Scotty :anguish: The only time in my life I have cried at a football match: The next time will be when we win title # 55. :21::pipe:

Do not remember much that made me cry at the age of 6. Been a long time and sorry to hear about that match. Have always had the ability to shut out shit I didn't like. like you Ozblue we will be crying tears of joy. :cheers: :uk: 

1 minute ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Do not remember much that made me cry at the age of 6. Been a long time and sorry to hear about that match. Have always had the ability to shut out shit I didn't like. like you Ozblue we will be crying tears of joy. :cheers: :uk: 

It took me (and every Rangers fan) a long time to get over that performance/result, Scotty; mainly because we were the reigning League Champions at the time, but as everything else in life, time heals and we enjoy the many successes we have had since that day. In actual fact! I will be as proud as a Peacock when the Great Waldo picks up the Championship Trophy at the end of the season after enduring the past 4/5 years of pain. :uk:  :pipe:   :cheers:

3 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It took me (and every Rangers fan) a long time to get over that performance/result, Scotty; mainly because we were the reigning League Champions at the time, but as everything else in life, time heals and we enjoy the many successes we have had since that day. In actual fact! I will be as proud as a Peacock when the Great Waldo picks up the Championship Trophy at the end of the season after enduring the past 4/5 years of pain. :uk:  :pipe:   :cheers:

We went through 10 years without winning the league and came through it and I never saw any Rangers fan crying. Do remember a match at Hampden and a whole family were there dressed in black and they had just buried a relative and we lost to them and I just remember them being so upbeat and happy that this was what the dead relative had wanted. Truly was an amazing thing to witness and actually had to fight back the tears that day. Cannot remember the match but remembered this wee moment at the match. As I said I always had the ability to wipe out bad times. always was another match round the corner when we could wipe out bad results. :uk::lol: :cheers: 

Proper Rangers captain, integrity, loyalty and genuine passion for the club.

The day he holds aloft no 55 with be a momentous day in our history and Lee's already written himself into our history, he's destined to become a legend, few will have deserved it more.

1 minute ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Proper Rangers captain, integrity, loyalty and genuine passion for the club.

The day he holds aloft no 55 with be a momentous day in our history and Lee's already written himself into our history, he's destined to become a legend, few will have deserved it more.

I have no doubt that will happen. It will be the single sweetest moment in my Rangers supporting life. It will make helicopter Sunday feel like a minor event.

On 3/12/2016 at 11:13 PM, scottyscott1963 said:

I gret the day Owen Coyle stopped us doing 9 in a row at Ibrox.  I was only 9.  

18 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Bet you've had many more days where you could've cried tears of joy than sadness. Honestly never saw you that day. :lol: 

I was probably close helicopter sunday, I sat in the upper at ER that day and I swear to god prayed the entire game, and just kept mumbling "please please please" under my breath.  The big man answered. :D

That's probably the closest, I'm just more of a jumping about like a clown guy when we win.  I reckon the day we win the league again though, I might shed a tear after all we've been through.