Are Barcelona protected?

50 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Ahem 6 years ago .Ha Think everytime I see them they get dodgy decisions going for them 

You said you have NEVER seen a big decision go against them in a big match. That is the biggest possible, so can I assume you started watching football in the last five years or can I assume you were exaggerating? Have they ever got through to the Champion's League final when their opponent had a perfectly good goal disallowed in the dying minutes?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JamieD said:

You said you have NEVER seen a big decision go against them in a big match. That is the biggest possible, so can I assume you started watching football in the last five years or can I assume you were exaggerating? Have they ever got through to the Champion's League final when their opponent had a perfectly good goal disallowed in the dying minutes?

Me exaggerating ? Noooooo ;-) fair enough mate 

I remember a certain Munich team getting a 1-1 draw at Ibrox in 1999, the last minute free kick they got out side the box was an utter disgrace and was never a free kick in a million years. 

Then in the return leg in the group Kahn does Mols on the half way line and he does not walk?

This is nothing new with Europe as I believe the bigger clubs in the bigger leagues are protected more. 

Think the refs always slightly favour the bigger teams. As for Suarez, has to be the scummiest player in football although Costa comes close. Apart from the biting, he is always niggling players with a view to getting them sent off, worthy of an Oscar sometimes too.

The one that disappoints me sometimes is Messi though. The guy has sublime skills and yes he gets a hard time because of it but the playacting can be fierce sometimes. His and Neymars tax bills put even CW in the shade.:D

2 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Think the refs always slightly favour the bigger teams. As for Suarez, has to be the scummiest player in football although Costa comes close. Apart from the biting, he is always niggling players with a view to getting them sent off, worthy of an Oscar sometimes too.

The one that disappoints me sometimes is Messi though. The guy has sublime skills and yes he gets a hard time because of it but the playacting can be fierce sometimes. His and Neymars tax bills put even CW in the shade.:D

I don't think Messi is guilty of play acting at all. Neymar, Suarez, Alves and Alba are the worst for me.

3 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

You obviously don't watch Barca much , the one thing Messi doesn't do is play act or roll about in pain and never has. The guy is a credit to football these days as he gets blootered almost every game he plays and still gets up and gets on with it.

Alba Alves Busquets and Neymar are the worst for it , but most teams have their divers its nothing new in European football.

On 4/7/2016 at 6:59 AM, JamieD said:

You don't remember them having a tie-winning goal wrongly disallowed in the dying minutes of the Champion's League semi-final against the eventual competition winners in 2010? 

I certainly don't recall a bigger call than that ever going FOR them.

They robbed Chelsea in 2009 with arguably the biggest scandal in terms of decisions ever. It was shocking. 

7 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

They robbed Chelsea in 2009 with arguably the biggest scandal in terms of decisions ever. It was shocking. 

Was that the game where Abidal was sent off for literally no reason? Ref must've thought he was a Chelsea player.

It's telling that everybody's response to "Barcelona were denied a Champion's League final place when a perfectly good goal was disallowed in the dying minutes" is not to actually engage with that point at all but to just mention other decisions that have gone in Barcelona's favour, as if any sane person is suggesting they don't get decisions too.

On 9 April 2016 at 2:33 PM, wullyRFC said:

Protected by whom? Are people suggesting the Spanish FA, UEFA etc. are telling the refs to cheat to help Barca?

Having just watched Iniesta dive full length to hand ball to stop a man being clean through in the box with only the goalie to beat but not get sent off how can there be an argument about it any more

5 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Just ignore the handball penalty given as a free kick then?

Investa shouldn't have even been on the park at that point ffs. Some of the decisions that go their way is just ridiculous. 

Fuck them! Rancid, disgusting bastards. 

7 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Just ignore the handball penalty given as a free kick then?

that shot was taken from the player that shouldn't of been on the park. If he's not on the park does this situation happen.

tonight proves they are protected 100% should've been a red card when pen was given

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

that shot was taken from the player that shouldn't of been on the park. If he's not on the park does this situation happen.

tonight proves they are protected 100% should've been a red card when pen was given

It was when I saw the replay that it is clear Iniesta deliberately handles, St game speed it looks like he slips.

Madrid deserved to go through no doubt but the Biased specs need to come off.

Just now, folkestoneger said:

If he gave that as a penalty he would have been crucified for allowing Iniesta to be on the pitch. That was a far worse decision.

To people who hate Barca , agreed , but everybody in the game knows that was a penalty.

8 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

To people who hate Barca , agreed , but everybody in the game knows that was a penalty.

Everybody in the game knows Iniesta shouldn't have even been on the park to be involved with the incident. 

Dry your eyes. Barca were beyond shite. Better team went through. Maybe if 'MSN' were available tonight it would have been a different story......

Just now, King Jela said:

Everybody in the game knows Iniesta shouldn't have even been on the park to be involved with the incident. 

Dry your eyes. Barca were beyond shite. Better team went through. Maybe if 'MSN' were available tonight it would have been a different story......

Fuck off clown , that same MSN are the greatest strike force theres ever been in football and even the greatest have an off night.