Paul Murray: Rangers will NOT be put into any financial risk in the pursuit of Celtic.. but we WILL compete for the title

bluchoo

He said we needed 40 million within 4 years, that was 2 years ago. He  is potlesss and will not provide the funds he promised, it's an underfunded take over with little chance of taking Rangers back to our rightful position. Have some ambition. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

He said we needed 40 million within 4 years, that was 2 years ago. He  is potlesss and will not provide the funds he promised, it's an underfunded take over with little chance of taking Rangers back to our rightful position. Have some ambition. 

The threads headline says it all, " We will not put Rangers at risk", meaning Rangers( supporters) will have to provide the money to fund our future, not the board. They are pinning their hopes on Warburton's type of management being successful, time will tell.

2 hours ago, AlCapone said:

They have put in a fair wedge so far, they have also gotten us back to the top flight with room to spare.

I would have been more worried if they had spent another £20m to do so.

Im expecting them to fund some decent acquisitions in the summer though. 

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:50 PM, bluchoo said:

RANGERS director Paul Murray insists the Light Blues board will take a smart and sensible approach to life in the Ladbrokes Premiership.

Mark Warburton's side clinched the Championship title and promotion to the top flight on Tuesday night with a 1-0 home win over Dumbarton at Ibrox.

According to Murray it marked the end of "four years of misery" for the Govan club, who re-emerged in the bottom tier of Scottish football in 2012 following a financial meltdown.

After celebrating with the supporters, midfielder Andy Halliday spoke of challenging Celtic for the title next season and while Murray is no less ambitious, he outlined the way forward using a four-pronged strategy.

He said: "First of all let's enjoy last night. It has been a long time coming and we should enjoy our successes and there are still a number of very important games to go this season.

But it returns us to where we think we should be, the top flight of Scottish football and in many ways it is phase one.

"Phase two is to get the club back to competitive level with a view to winning the Premiership title and we want to do that as soon as we can.

"The board to a man are all Rangers fans first and foremost so we understand that it is not enough for the Rangers fans for the team to go up into the league and simply make up the numbers.

"I am not going to make outlandish promises and say we are going to win the league in the first season but we will obviously try and make the team as competitive as we can as quickly as possible.

"I don't think you can put figures on that. It is not always about throwing money at the situation. First and foremost we don't want to put the club into financial risk.

"We have just been through four years of misery so we are not going to do it again.

"Obviously the benchmark in Scotland is Celtic

"With a combination of investment, a good management team which we believe we have, a good recruitment structure which we have put in place behind the scenes and also a progressive youth structure, putting that together, there is no reason why we can't compete pretty quickly.

Daily record

Only read the OP so,.....Take it there's no £30 million yet then?

The way I see it, the club will continue to make losses for the foreseeable future unless European money is available.

The loss of £7 million last year may become £3 million this year and next in the best case scenario.  This means someone is going to have to lend to plug the cash flow gap ongoing and this is not a sustainable model.

If Rangers reach the Europa League group stages I calculate approx. £3-£4 million being earned so a decent run should turn a small profit or at least negate the need for more lending. 

Unless the board are happy to keep pouring money into a black hole they have no option than to set their sights on European football to become viable and self sustaining. If they don't invest in a team that has a chance of group stage European football rather than just being competitive with the Jacobites it will be a long term false economy and will result in them having to raise even more debt over the next few years.  If they have the funds available it is a no brainer. You have to speculate to accumulate. Lack of investment is what kills companies and it is a false economy while opportunities like Europa exist.

2 hours ago, danger ranger said:

The threads headline says it all, " We will not put Rangers at risk", meaning Rangers( supporters) will have to provide the money to fund our future, not the board. They are pinning their hopes on Warburton's type of management being successful, time will tell.

Isn't that a kind of "duh" statement to make?

Of course they're relying on MW style of management being successful, pretty fucking pointless appointing him otherwise.

11 hours ago, Smile said:

I was going to point that out to him, the Gogzy crew is a term that get's used on FF quite a lot i guess he just wanted to seem Hip rather than actually read the thread.

I dont think they have quite grasped that on here members give their opinion not the RM boards.

Did I say gogzy crew?

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They have put in a fair wedge so far, they have also gotten us back to the top flight with room to spare.

I would have been more worried if they had spent another £20m to do so.

Im expecting them to fund some decent acquisitions in the summer though. 

They have put nothing into the Club,loans are not investments,unless made good at a share issue,even then,the money has already been spent.The shares they bought were from other investors so still no gain to Rangers.

9 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

They have put nothing into the Club,loans are not investments,unless made good at a share issue,even then,the money has already been spent.The shares they bought were from other investors so still no gain to Rangers.

Ok, lets examine that. They don't loan the club that money and what then? We don't have money to pay wages, NI, catering etc etc. I don't believe the club have any credit facilities. What interest have they added to those loans?

You think that's not a gain for Rangers? Being solvent isn't a gain for Rangers? Those loans will be converted to shares, that is investment. This place has a number of loonies, like other Rangers forums, no matter the rants the likes of smile etc goes on. You would be hard fooled to think we'd just gotten back to the top tier of professional football in Scotland just 2 days ago.

But in reality, it's a minority of loonies

1 hour ago, weeneily said:

The way I see it, the club will continue to make losses for the foreseeable future unless European money is available.

The loss of £7 million last year may become £3 million this year and next in the best case scenario.  This means someone is going to have to lend to plug the cash flow gap ongoing and this is not a sustainable model.

If Rangers reach the Europa League group stages I calculate approx. £3-£4 million being earned so a decent run should turn a small profit or at least negate the need for more lending. 

Unless the board are happy to keep pouring money into a black hole they have no option than to set their sights on European football to become viable and self sustaining. If they don't invest in a team that has a chance of group stage European football rather than just being competitive with the Jacobites it will be a long term false economy and will result in them having to raise even more debt over the next few years.  If they have the funds available it is a no brainer. You have to speculate to accumulate. Lack of investment is what kills companies and it is a false economy while opportunities like Europa exist.

That's why most were against this board getting in as they don't have the money to take us forward, I can't see that changing either. Loans and more loans is not wht this board promised Pre Board.

They have now formed a compliant fan group who have more interest in the Blue pound than the club.

33 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

This logic about if loans are converted to shares some time after the loan was made not being real investment is just bonkers.

It makes absolutely no difference if a sum of money is converted to shares instantly or at a later date. It's still money that the club gets to spend.

It is fair enough to state that until it is converted, it's just a loan, but to try to set the groundwork to allow yourself to deny its future conversion is a bit transparent mate.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

That's why most were against this board getting in as they don't have the money to take us forward, I can't see that changing either. Loans and more loans is not wht this board promised Pre Board.

They have now formed a compliant fan group who have more interest in the Blue pound than the club.

I hope they convert those loans and prove you wrong.

So far the board have done pretty well IMO. A long way to go before they will win everyone over, but this summer should hopefully go some way to doing that.

I think your point about the fan group is a wee bit harsh as well.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I hope they convert those loans and prove you wrong.

So far the board have done pretty well IMO. A long way to go before they will win everyone over, but this summer should hopefully go some way to doing that.

I think your point about the fan group is a wee bit harsh as well.

I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong and unlike most would say I was wrong. I think i'm bang on with the Fans group the wee shop at the School was a sweetener.

4 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Fuck me I haven't been on this thread in a while and I see the usual loonies are still howling at the moon.

Haters are gonna hate I suppose.

Must be terrible these haters that go every week and have genuine concerns for their club.

I go home and away as much as work etc allows me and I have genuine concerns as well.

But as soon as DK or PM say something it is the usual posters you included that can't help themselves but spout shite.

Why not wait and see what the board produce close season for MW to strengthen the squad instead of frothing at the mouth and letting loose with half baked opinions and innuendo.

7 minutes ago, jim beam said:

I go home and away as much as work etc allows me and I have genuine concerns as well.

But as soon as DK or PM say something it is the usual posters you included that can't help themselves but spout shite.

Why not wait and see what the board produce close season for MW to strengthen the squad instead of frothing at the mouth and letting loose with half baked opinions and innuendo.

Who's frothing at the mouth, not me, I gave my opinion on the Clown Paul Murray& King it's not changed since I've been here. 

You seem to be the Angry one here.