Paul Murray: Rangers will NOT be put into any financial risk in the pursuit of Celtic.. but we WILL compete for the title

bluchoo

33 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

The whole timing of this release does not make sense as there are still important games coming up as the season is still live, and the team and the support don't need to be reminded about what to expect as far as the scum are concerned and competing in the Premiership, we're all well aware of the coming situation, but that's for next season not now.

King and Murray have the worst timing and are absolute rubbish when it comes to dealing with the press, and even if this is only part of the press release it is enough to make you vomit when the filth are included, and we should not be telling the whole world our plans.

This has been released at a time when everybody is feeling good about winning the Championship, and to my mind is a stealth version of "this is a good day to hide some bad news", it looks fair but is it? ....... 

The bad news being we are not going to see the promised fabled funds required to make a concerted challenge next season.

Believe what you like but this looks awful like someone getting their excuses in early, and what better time to get it out there than when the support is on a high.

:uk: 

There will be nowhere to hide next year for this board and excuses won't be accepted as Rangers as a support won't want to be second best to anyone, nor should we.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Warburton says we have to focus on closing the gap to celtic; 'he's right'. Rangers director says it, 'he's wrong'.

Warburton says we have to be prudent financially and not make the mistakes of the past; 'he's right'. Rangers director says it; 'he's wrong'.

Warburton says sky is Blue; 'he's right'. Rangers director says it...

Come on boys make your minds up.

Should the benchmark not be Rangers pre 2012, you know the most successful team team Scotland has ever had.   The object over the next few years is for us to get back to the top not worry about other teams in the league.  They don't respect us so why should we respect them. 

2 hours ago, Smile said:

There will be nowhere to hide next year for this board and excuses won't be accepted as Rangers as a support won't want to be second best to anyone, nor should we.

So what's your alternative to this board should they not meet your expectations ? Fact is we better hope they get it right for they're the only show in town .

I think we have a manager who can actually manage without screaming for money every five minutes and I don't think there are too many of them around at top clubs, im not saying don't spend but spend wisely, there are good players out there who can be sourced at sensible fees and wages, even easier to attract now  the SPL. is where we are playing our football.

Look no further than Holt and Forrester 65k for Holt and HF on a freebie when he puts pen to paper, good tidy players.

We do need to be sensible, we do need to be patient... As long as we keep on continually strengthening both in Footballing and Business terms- we will once again be the Standard against which others will attempt to measure thenselves.

Going forward, with the way the game is financed in Scotland- I have come to the conclusion that the Football/ Business model that Mark Warburton is delivering is the only way forward. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. King was very bullish with his words about spending pre returning to the Board- it's very easy to be loose with your millions in conversation - but I for one actually hope he doesn't try to "buy" success- as I have no wish to see us return to that high risk model. 

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Wasn't me that said it. A couple said it on here the other day in some interview attributed to McParland. Would be good to get a link.

Still think it will take a bit more than these guys to get us where we need to be. If investment means signings like this then it will be pretty underwhelming.

TBH I don't care who we sign. We could sign you and if Warburton brought out your best footballing abilities and we won the league with you then I would be delighted!! :lol:

Seriously though if we getting a holding midfielder and a natural goalscorer then we will dominate this league. The teams in it are average at best and with what we have I think we will be fine. It's when we start playing in Europe we will need better players IMO.

As for Paul Murrays statement that the " board to a man are all Rangers fans" I don't doubt it but I also don't doubt that the " board to a man" are all business men first and as ive said on here business men are in the business of making money not throwing it down the drain so me and my wee pal Joe can say " whas like us ". This is the reality at our club.For those who will no doubt take issue with whatever funds are made available to Mr Warburton what can they do and I don't mean that in any smart arse way.Another boycott because the board are not delivering on their so called promises,doubt that's going to happen.In a month or so there may well be 40k season ticket holders at the club who are all going to pay more than they have in the previous 3/4 seasons regardless of what DK and the board deliver in the way of finance. I for one believe that as long as Mr Warburton is happy with how things are going at boardroom level then that's all that matters to most of those 40k season ticket holders.

What a load of shite, he's being kings lackey and getting the excuses in early  for not spending any money, money that was promised. We were advised in March 2014 that we needed 40 million, spent within 4 years. We are now more than half way through that period with next to no investment forthcoming.

we are not Aberdeen or hearts.we are Scotlands premier club are serious money need to be invested. We have won 5 titles in the last 16 seasons which is simply not good enough.

kings board is an underfunded  takeover and will never have the funds to take us back to where we belong, his promises were all pie in the sky. 

The amount of fans rolling over and letting King rub their tummies is embarrassing. Have some ambition for fucks sake, we are Rangers! Shame on everyone of you.

3 hours ago, cstamomusa said:

Should the benchmark not be Rangers pre 2012, you know the most successful team team Scotland has ever had.   The object over the next few years is for us to get back to the top not worry about other teams in the league.  They don't respect us so why should we respect them. 

Pre 2012 we were playing second fiddle to c*ltic for 10 years. We need serious investment

6 hours ago, Smile said:

You're right, it isn't in any of our dna to be happy if we are ever second, but we have had a reality check surely. I don't look for much from the board, when it comes to spending money, but if the financial structure of the club is healthy, and if there is a sound coaching and scouting structure, then that will have to be quite a high priority to be happy with. We might have to be more long term in our outlook.

1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

Pre 2012 we were playing second fiddle to c*ltic for 10 years. We need serious investment

Between 1998 and 2012 we were champions 7 times in 14 seasons. Between 2002 and 2012 we were champions 5 times in 10 seasons.

How's that second fiddle?

18 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You're right, it isn't in any of our dna to be happy if we are ever second, but we have had a reality check surely. I don't look for much from the board, when it comes to spending money, but if the financial structure of the club is healthy, and if there is a sound coaching and scouting structure, then that will have to be quite a high priority to be happy with. We might have to be more long term in our outlook.

Can you explain to me how you fathom that the financial structure is in anyway healthy?

10 minutes ago, thehost said:

Can you explain to me how you fathom that the financial structure is in anyway healthy?

Well, in a shorthand way, if our expenditure and debt where within manageable boundaries. I would also look for any CL or European competition revenue we gained to be used as a more longer term financial component as well.  I think there will have to be a more long term view in how we run our finances than there was in the past

42 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

What a load of shite, he's being kings lackey and getting the excuses in early  for not spending any money, money that was promised. We were advised in March 2014 that we needed 40 million, spent within 4 years. We are now more than half way through that period with next to no investment forthcoming.

we are not Aberdeen or hearts.we are Scotlands premier club are serious money need to be invested. We have won 5 titles in the last 16 seasons which is simply not good enough.

kings board is an underfunded  takeover and will never have the funds to take us back to where we belong, his promises were all pie in the sky. 

The amount of fans rolling over and letting King rub their tummies is embarrassing. Have some ambition for fucks sake, we are Rangers! Shame on everyone of you.

Geez, sorry for not getting out the pitchforks I mean when you look at it everything is terrible right enough.

• Great management team, getting the team playing the type of football not seen since Advocaat
  • A scouting system in place, which we've not had for approx 5 years
  • Repairs and renovations to the stadium, which were badly needing it
  • Massively improved website, digital content and output from RTV
  • Paying off loans from fat wank Ashley thus reducing his influence in the direction of the club

but most importantly

• We're as far as we can get in the Premier cup competition at this time
  • We've just won the league with 4 games to spare, and we should have won it with 6 to spare

So in summary, while you're slagging off Rangers fans for not bawling needlessly at the board (and let's be honest, only the reason you want that to happen is because they had the temerity to oust the shambolic Easdale and Ashley regime which you defended so fiercely) the rest of us are supporting the team and the new regime because we've seen genuine progress fort the first time since 2011 really.

Shame on you you for attacking other Rangers fans because of your infantile boardroom prejudices.

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Well, in a shorthand way, if our expenditure and debt where within manageable boundaries. I would also look for any CL or European competition revenue we gained to be used as a more longer term financial component as well.  I think there will have to be a more long term view in how we run our finances than there was in the past

Irrespective of who currently sits on the board the one thing I doubt anyone could say is we are in a financially healthy situation. We are facing another cash shortfall as I type.

Not trying to score political points but unless we had a sugar daddy we are never going to be financially healthy due to the complete lack of earning potential in the Scottish game.

Bottom line is we are strapped for cash. The supporters have more than done our bit over the last four years and we will again in ST sales. It's now up to the board to deliver on their promises. We have by far, the second largest income in the Scottish game and MW should by far, be given the second largest playing budget. Anything less, we will have been sold short. The accountants amongst us can tell us just how much that should be. It shouldn't be that hard to work out.

23 minutes ago, thehost said:

Irrespective of who currently sits on the board the one thing I doubt anyone could say is we are in a financially healthy situation. We are facing another cash shortfall as I type.

Not trying to score political points but unless we had a sugar daddy we are never going to be financially healthy due to the complete lack of earning potential in the Scottish game.

We  can be as healthy as possible. We could properly leverage our finances taking into account our debts/expenditure; I actually think that is happening, the operating costs is an area where we have struggled with for over a decade. Being in debt isn't necessarily a bad thing; not if it is within a manageable structure and discipline. We could make small losses even and not necessarily be in an unhealthy state. There is possibly the potential to grow the marketability of the club; I personally think Rangers TV  has the potential to be more dynamic for instance- if we here, before work, can talk about Rangers at 7.30 in the morning and so on, then that may give some media people within the club a few ideas as to the potential in that area.