Paul Murray: Rangers will NOT be put into any financial risk in the pursuit of Celtic.. but we WILL compete for the title

bluchoo

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Sounds fair enough tbh.

I just hope that it isn't an early warning that MW is onto plums.

MW is a very clever manager and can spot a decent player, but we do need a step up in quality for several positions and he won't be able to do so on a wing and a prayer. I trust his judgement 100%, but even he needs some decent cash to pay with.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Nah it's an interview with Jackson, mate. They've just released a snippet to the PA.

Awww. Take that back then. Arse over elbow for me as ever :lol:

Should be the main site this is through 

33 minutes ago, markem said:

:drugang:

38 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

RANGERS director Paul Murray insists the Light Blues board will take a smart and sensible approach to life in the Ladbrokes Premiership.

Mark Warburton's side clinched the Championship title and promotion to the top flight on Tuesday night with a 1-0 home win over Dumbarton at Ibrox.

According to Murray it marked the end of "four years of misery" for the Govan club, who re-emerged in the bottom tier of Scottish football in 2012 following a financial meltdown.

After celebrating with the supporters, midfielder Andy Halliday spoke of challenging Celtic for the title next season and while Murray is no less ambitious, he outlined the way forward using a four-pronged strategy.

He said: "First of all let's enjoy last night. It has been a long time coming and we should enjoy our successes and there are still a number of very important games to go this season.

But it returns us to where we think we should be, the top flight of Scottish football and in many ways it is phase one.

"Phase two is to get the club back to competitive level with a view to winning the Premiership title and we want to do that as soon as we can.

"The board to a man are all Rangers fans first and foremost so we understand that it is not enough for the Rangers fans for the team to go up into the league and simply make up the numbers.

"I am not going to make outlandish promises and say we are going to win the league in the first season but we will obviously try and make the team as competitive as we can as quickly as possible.

"I don't think you can put figures on that. It is not always about throwing money at the situation. First and foremost we don't want to put the club into financial risk.

"We have just been through four years of misery so we are not going to do it again.

"Obviously the benchmark in Scotland is Celtic

"With a combination of investment, a good management team which we believe we have, a good recruitment structure which we have put in place behind the scenes and also a progressive youth structure, putting that together, there is no reason why we can't compete pretty quickly.

Daily record

Wonder what Struth would think of that little gem right there.

How to accept second - use first as the benchmark

Fucksake

I don't take to much to do with the blazer side of Rangers and don't have much of an opinion on them apart from the obv ones in the past that I hate but for some reason PM gets right on my tits and probs  seems harsh as I've never met/spoke to him but wen I seen him on tv I just think he's a total bunnet and can't take to him at all even when I was listening to DK and JG when they took over the passion from the 2 of them was phenomenal especially JG but when PM was talking I just couldn't take to him and it's stuck since then. 

Aye right, this is like when you're a kid and your maw tells you that she can't afford to get you that bike you've always wanted, only for you to wake up on xmas day and the bike is sitting there for you.

Bring out the 20 million war-chest Paul :D

1 minute ago, FSM said:

Aye right, this is like when you're a kid and your maw tells you that she can't afford to get you that bike you want, only for you to wake up on xmas day and the bike is there for you.

Bring out the 20 million war-chest Paul :D

:D I was greetin when my maw got me my Grifter one year at xmas.  Must have been a provy loan or dodged a few tick men!

If he pulls £20m I'll relive that day! :D

4 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

That whole benchmark comment has left me feeling dirty. After the season the taigs are having, we should be aiming much higher. If Aberdeen can run them this close, the Magic Hat will be fine. 

Yeah, it's a one way road to mediocrity that kind of thinking.

To be the best you have to want to excel and be the best you can be, not meet an apparent standard.  

Why did he not just say we will deliver on the investment  promised Pre-Board, And our aim is to win every competition we enter including the League.

Rangers supporters accepting pish about the filth with one of their worst teams to win the one horse race being the Benchmark.:power_of_anguish: 

Paul Murray has spoken to press. I'm angry.............etc, etc, etc.

Nothing in his comments are wrong, yet we still have the usual bile.....spend money on Rangers or I'm throwing a tantrum.

I just don't get it.

There's no financial risk when Dave ponies up the cash he promised. Simple really.

And no I don't hate Dave King, I doubt him and Murray. Always have always will until they deliver what they said in the manifesto. Simple really, people doing what they said they would. Nothing more, nothing less.