Where is the most bizarre place you have watched a Rangers game from?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regularly  watch the games from my ship  in the north sea, normal  to me but I  guess it  might b a bit unusual.

Was watching  a game in a pub once and there  was a power cut, the owner went and got a battery radio so we were all in the pub listening  to the game in candle light lol 

6 hours ago, Drumloyal said:

The 5-1 league clincher against Killie back in 2011.

Watched it in the Jr ratings mess with about 100 of us and the sailors squeezed in aboard HMS Dragon.

Had her out on trials and I was supposed to be on shift but the other sparks who weren't supporters covered for us.  

Mental watching a game while she was doing hard figure eights, the only downside was no booze.

Celebrated properly when we docked back in Scotstoun a few days later though. 

Did you do the Duncan trials too?

I suppose not bizarre but I remember watching Rangers v Man Utd in the Champions League while on my honeymoon in Bangkok. Think it was the one were we lost 1-0 at Ibrox courtesy of a flukey phil Neville goal?

I missed the second leg as we had travelled on to the island of Phuket and for whatever reason I didn't get to watch it.

I once watched a game at Pittodrie against the sheep from behind the goals with a camera.   A very good friend (sadly deceased) was a photographer for the DR and he got me into the ground with one of his cameras.  There is a bit more to the story but I won't put it on here.  Game finished 0 -0 and they missed a penalty,  Think it was Harper who missed.   

12 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

The Prince  William Pub Ironically in  Palma Nova.....Gazza had just signed but was injured Or a Sub and was goin mental on the touchline.....Cant mind the opposition it  Was  a Euro qualifier......Farmagusta? 

Sure Gazza said in his video either Durrant or Durie were raging because they were waiting to get on for there win bonus and the ref blew for time up.

Gazza was subbed off beforehand.

This was Famagusta anyway mate.

In a close at Easter road when we won the league there in 2010.  The first half we could only see one side of the pitch and when Lafferty scored we were all going bonkers in this close but jumping about shhing each other incase the homeowners phoned the coppers.

second half we all managed to get onto a big balcony and seen the whole game, and made it onto the tele doing the Conga with guys dressed up as superheroes. :lol:

6 hours ago, seb1972 said:

Got knocked back from stadium (fake tickets) at Villarael away. ended up watching the game outside a pub in Valencia on a portable tv that was stacked up on top of pizza boxes!!

Lol same mate we stayed right next to the  beach,ma feet were humming with sweat 

19 hours ago, Falkirk bear said:

Not so much watch the game, but danced about the forecourt of a petrol station in Hull during the last few minutes of the never to be forgotten helicopter Sunday. Pretty sure that the guy at the counter was going to phone the police as I danced in and out of the petrol pumps and made an attempt to jump a lottery sign, what a day indeed!!!!

Best day of my life 22nd May 2005 - travelled 10,000kms to get there and two days later travelled 10,000kms back - WATP

6 hours ago, 7troop said:

I suppose not bizarre but I remember watching Rangers v Man Utd in the Champions League while on my honeymoon in Bangkok. Think it was the one were we lost 1-0 at Ibrox courtesy of a flukey phil Neville goal?

I missed the second leg as we had travelled on to the island of Phuket and for whatever reason I didn't get to watch it.

Was nil nil at manchester - and the return game at Ibrox we lost 1 nil giving away a poor penalty around the 88th minute - rooney scored, and after scoring behaved like the fenian cunt that he is.

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Was nil nil at manchester - and the return game at Ibrox we lost 1 nil giving away a poor penalty around the 88th minute - rooney scored, and after scoring behaved like the fenian cunt that he is.

That was the next time we played them. The one I'm referring to was around October 2003? . Ibrox first then the return leg beat 3-0 at old Trafford.

7 hours ago, gazza27 said:

Lol same mate we stayed right next to the  beach,ma feet were humming with sweat 

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

Watched half a game against them from the cludgie (with telly at the door) as I had a dose of the tex ritters.  Was there for nearly an hour.

'Too much information' loyal:7325: