MOH

Camshy

Wont write the man off yet, it cant be easy drifting in and out of the team! He has shown he has the beating of his man and regularly gets the ball to the by-line (usually by incredible pace) - however he almost never looks up and his predictable along the deck cross seems to always bounce back off the first defender. I'm not sure if thats what hes been told to do or not but compared to tavs crosses in the same position (umpteen assists) ... the boy has some work to do...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be fine.

I assume everyone of you have started a new job and immediately become one of the lads and settled right in, running the show and being the top worker in the place?

The guy comes across like he's not came out of his shell yet which is normal, he seems quite quiet as well and our squad seem kinda boisterous.

Once he has had a pre-season with us and is allowed a run of games I will judge him.

I think he just needs to find consistancy to be fair it can't be easy being in and out of the team . He doesn't beat his man often enough and his delivery is poor at the moment it's going to be next season when we will see the best of him. As for players getting stick on here for getting beat or drawing a game fuckin calm down look at the amazing season we have had plus a Scottish cup final to look forward to , it was always going to be a come down last night after Sunday I thought we would drop points last night it's not the end of the world , the squad has done us proud all season and one or two on here need to remember that 

I think hes struggling to play a particular role within the team set up....he doesnt have any chemistry with Tav yet..hopefully it will come in time.

Would like to see him given a run through the middle before i write the guy off.

He has pace and his directness will be a good option..maybe hes just finding it hard to settle in as he hasnt learnt  the words to all our songs yet!!!

10 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

At times looks a bit too greedy to fit in with the team ethos.

People on here writing him off already? FFS! Like Forrester, or insert any players name, all over again. :rolleyes:

Well said!

I actually think he struggles to play on the same side as Tavernier. Personally think Tav slows his game down, doesn't make the space for MOH to run into like Wallace does on the other side, and doesn't give the ball to him quick enough either. I would've liked to see him through the middle in place of Kenny when the gaffer made the subs, I think he would've showed more impact then. Just my opinion though.

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Is he new the boogeyman?

1st it was Wilson,then Halliday,then Kiernan...even McKay was getting it for a period.

This forum is an absolute car crash everytime we draw or get beat,wind your neck in the lot of you :lol:

This has nothing to do with a defeat, he has been poor end off. 

Perfectly acceptable to question his commitment to the team ethos given his poor performance and body language at times.........people are allowed to criticise you know and I'm more than capable of handing it out when  justified and in this case he had been poor and the only player I feel who has not loved up to expectation.

I would put him running through the middle as I really dont think he links up great with tav. I thought both king and MOH were pretty poor last night. However I would have kept MOH on and took miller off instead as Miller looked pretty done for as did most of the team which is pretty understandable.

Will give MOH until after summer to prove his worth, a full pre season with the team and embedding into Warburtons system should benefit him.

Always take players performances that are brung in at January with a pinch of salt not to mention how he cant get a consistent run of games due to the cups. 

Comparing MOH to Forrester our other main January acquisition is also unfair due to Harrys previous experiences with Warbs.

19 minutes ago, Camshy said:

This has nothing to do with a defeat, he has been poor end off. 

Perfectly acceptable to question his commitment to the team ethos given his poor performance and body language at times.........people are allowed to criticise you know and I'm more than capable of handing it out when  justified and in this case he had been poor and the only player I feel who has not loved up to expectation.

He's been here what,3 months?

Stop crying.

I think he is a good player, and next season we will see the more from him. 

For me there are two issues - firstly since he signed he has barely had a run in the team due to the different cup competitions that he has been cup tied for. Secondly, for me he hasn't quite made the mental switch yet in terms of what is required to play consistently for a much bigger club. He seems a quieter lad than Forrester who has settled in well with the team, while I feel MOH is peripheral at times. 

I'd expect a decent pre-season to solve a lot of these issues. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I don't agree with the Forrester comparison at all.

Harry was coming on as a sub and didn't look fit, people were saying he hadn't offered much on the basis of limited minutes. That was foolish to write him off on limited game time. However MOH signed on the back of playing a full half season for St Johnstone and has started 8 games now for us. Cost us a decent amount of money, people are correct to be worried by his performances as he's been extremely poor, although his return is decent.

DBBTB made a valid point, O'Halloran's style and biggest asset of his speed doesn't suit our style of play at all, I'm sure I said that before he was signed. Him playing also affects Tav's performances, in my view. I'm not going to write him off yet and we can revise this next season, but I think someone like Pawlett would have been a cheaper option, he's better technically and more suited to how we play with the pass and move style.

Pawlett hardly gets a game for Aberdeen, how could he get a game for us? 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Jason Holt?

@Blue Avenger How exactly did Wilson cost two goals? 

Suppose, but Holt was playing quite regularly in an arguably better league with Sheff Utd, plus was only about 21/22, Pawlett is verging about 26 now surely? If you were using his style of play as an example then fair enough, but I'd rather we avoided players in that league who can't get a game for their clubs. 

Holt is probably an exception to the not playing argument. But, I think there is surely better players, playing regularly, and would cost less than Pawlett out there. Whether England or abroad. On the topic of MOH, think he is a better player than Pawlett, albeit different styles. 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I don't agree with the Forrester comparison at all.

Harry was coming on as a sub and didn't look fit, people were saying he hadn't offered much on the basis of limited minutes. That was foolish to write him off on limited game time. However MOH signed on the back of playing a full half season for St Johnstone and has started 8 games now for us. Cost us a decent amount of money, people are correct to be worried by his performances as he's been extremely poor, although his return is decent.

DBBTB made a valid point, O'Halloran's style and biggest asset of his speed doesn't suit our style of play at all, I'm sure I said that before he was signed. Him playing also affects Tav's performances, in my view. I'm not going to write him off yet and we can revise this next season, but I think someone like Pawlett would have been a cheaper option, he's better technically and more suited to how we play with the pass and move style.

Unfortunately I have a couple of sheep supporting mates and they don't really rate Pawlett at all. Hasn't kicked on from a few years ago and quite injury prone. O'Halloran's the better player and deserves a bit of time to adapt.

So far I don't rate him. As others have said he doesn't look that interested most the time. Even after the Petrofac final he just seemed to be wandering  round after it, not really getting  in about the rest of the squad celebrations. 

My mate,who supports St Johnstone said to me when we signed him that he was a bit of a luxury player and only performed every few games. He was quite happy to get the money they did for him. 

Pawlett is a decent player but there's no-one I can think of currently that plays in Scotland that we should be busting a gut to get in transfer wise to take us to the next level next season. Maybe I'm being unfair or forgetting players but it's not the market we should be looking at.

Way too early to judge. He needs to improve, but some good raw materials are there. 

Seems like a quiet lad (I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he looks the way he does during celebrations because he doesn't want to be there - he might just be the quieter type that'll take time to feel part of the group). Wouldn't be surprised if he needed a good 6 or 8 months to start showing what he's capable of. 

We must give the coaching staff some time to coax him out of the St Johnstone larval state and into being a Rangers butterfly.

Patience, grasshoppers.