Welcome To Rangers Jordan Rossiter

26 minutes ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

A great read, thanks. Im not going to get too excited about the £8 million figure. I assume that is the maximum amount Liverpool could have received as a development fee. It does not mean Liverpool(or anyone else) in reality rate him as highly as £8million. Rossiter probably wasn't helped by being labelled as the new Gerrard. He probably wont be helped either by having an £8 million valuation on him. I view this lad as  potentially a good player, but thats all he still is - potential.

(tu)

Sensible post.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't really go wrong with this deal.

At 250k if he fails it was a punt worth taking.

If he develops into a good SPL player then good value is had.

If he develops the way a sizeable portion of the Liverpool fans think?  Then we get 2 great seasons and cash in for serious money because if he were to break into England U21 on regular basis the mobs down there would think nothing of £12m+ easy.

Excellent singing strategy regardless.

Welcome to the mighty Rangers young Jordan.  Look after that jersey and we'll look after you. 

Glad he's signed. The very little I've seen of him I don't get the messiah type tag attached but he's young, good rep, in demand and the right fit for Warburton 

I said he seemed like a Hemdani to me which isn't what we need IMO but as said above 250k for this potential is well worth a punt and a coup for us 

welcome 

This lad seems to have been on the verge of breaking into the first team but has been pushed aside.  Main reason is Klopp having a strong midfield sextet to choose from pushing Rossiter down the pecking order.  

How many of our current midfield would get anywhere near the Liverpool squad?

For the first time in many years, actually excited about the upcoming season.

Welcome to Rangers! Looks like a promising young guy with a lot of potential.

How is it that a Celtic fan finds out before a Ranger's fan? His Wikipedia says:

"On May 13th 2016 Jordan Rossiter signed for Mark 'Magichat' Warburton's Rangers. Who will be going for their first Scottish Top league title this season 2016-2017."

Get a life ffs.

Thing is If we sell him to an English club  after him doing well up here, chances are a club will come in trying to get him cheaper than what they would have paid Liverpool. Whilst I don't think spurs interest was genuine of if they actually need him, I wonder if we may have done that to get him up here for a couple years and develop him further then sell him to them. Win win for both teams 

36 minutes ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

A great read, thanks. Im not going to get too excited about the £8 million figure. I assume that is the maximum amount Liverpool could have received as a development fee. It does not mean Liverpool(or anyone else) in reality rate him as highly as £8million. Rossiter probably wasn't helped by being labelled as the new Gerrard. He probably wont be helped either by having an £8 million valuation on him. I view this lad as  potentially a good player, but thats all he still is - potential.

Good post. 

As much as I'm delighted with this signing let's remember he's still a young guy learning his trade . It would be unfair to expect too much to start with. 

Rossiter is about the same age and level of experience as Zelalem ,  who I often felt suffered a wee bit , not because of what he did on the pitch , but because of the high expectation of fans that expected more because of his Arsenal ' wonder kid ' tag. 

3 minutes ago, one55 said:

How is it that a Celtic fan finds out before a Ranger's fan? His Wikipedia says:

"On May 13th 2016 Jordan Rossiter signed for Mark 'Magichat' Warburton's Rangers. Who will be going for their first Scottish Top league title this season 2016-2017."

Get a life ffs.

Check it now bud lol

1 minute ago, FlippinEck said:

Thing is If we sell him to an English club  after him doing well up here, chances are a club will come in trying to get him cheaper than what they would have paid Liverpool. Whilst I don't think spurs interest was genuine of if they actually need him, I wonder if we may have done that to get him up here for a couple years and develop him further then sell him to them. Win win for both teams 

We constantly undervalue our players while the taigs get top dollar I'm hoping with the gaffers financial background the days of us losing players on the cheap are over as Warburton will know exactly what their market value is

10 minutes ago, one55 said:

Get a life ffs.

Changed it ??

8 minutes ago, csmail said:

Check it now bud lol

"On May 13th 2016 Jordan Rossiter signed for Mark 'Magic Hat' Warburton's Rangers. Who will be going for their 55th Scottish Top league title this season 2016-2017, putting them 8 ahead of their bitter rivals Celtic (who were founded in 1994 after they changed companies)."

:D