In Warbs I trust - BUT................................

We lack quality. Simple as that. And basically the last 5 or 6 games, apart from the OF, we've been rank.

I think Tav was poor, but it's overreacting to suggest he's been poor for a long time. Clark is poor. Holt doesn't do enough. Kiernan is woeful. Waggy wasn't fit or sharp. McKay vanished. Wallace has gone off the boil for a few games. Shiels almost looked tired from when he came on. He showed no spark at all.

For some reason of late MW hasn't been able to get the best from a limited group of players as he was earlier. Maybe players of this standard just can't maintain it throughout a season.

We need alot more quality.

The fact that the management team have been unable to get a performance out of the players after the semi is concerning . I like the vast majority of Bears have enjoyed and bought into the new system we play , I love the managers attitude that " we're Rangers and that's how we play" but he needs to learn that it's ok to claim beforehand that the cups are a bonus but once were in a final then the winning is the only option . IMO since beating hibs at Ibrox in december , we've had too many content to coast through games with the exception of the first half v livi at home and the cup quarter and semi finals . His moves over the summer will be vital .

9 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Simple back the manager with hard cash as he has been doing wonders on a shoe string.  10 million is needed if we want to be a force again.  

Over to you Mr King as 5 million that has been reported is not enough. 

£5m is just part of our own fans ST money, the other part used to pay off some debt.

No investment from King yet again, all he's done is buy cheap shares + loan to get even cheaper shares FFS

BUT....... If football management was just about one style of play, why wouldn't all managers do it that way......  

There simply has to be a plan B..... And C. There simply has to be different approach depending on the opposition, depending on the circumstances. 

"We will always attack" makes a great soundbite but when you are 2-1 up in a national cup final closing the game out is an admirable skill. 

Warburton has done an unbelievable job in turning us around but I believe he demonstrates a lack of experience and not a little naïveté by believing he can just do Plan A better.  When the opposition work out how to counter your Plan A no matter how well you execute, what then? 

We all love to hear him talking about "with respect it's not about the opposition it's about us" this sounds great. But it's nonsense, you have to tailor your approach and your tactics depending on the opposition you are facing and you have to have the tools in your locker to make those changes  

Warburton is perfect for us where we are and where he is, but he still has a lot to learn and I am sure he will learn it with us  

Managers live and die by their decisions and I'm sorry but Warburton got it painfully wrong. At 2-1 up with Hibs chasing the game there was absolutely no need to bring on another striker. He got it wrong. Every man and their dog saw that that defence was weak as fuck and we did fuck all about it. Gifted Hibs the Scottish cup yesterday. Pathetic. 

Watching the game it was painfully obvious we were tired. Hibs were more aggressive and  quicker to the ball.

Stokes was given too much respect and room and if he had a bit of luck the score could have been a lot worse.

Our back four were too slow, busy fucking around with the ball at the back which was just inviting them to press higher up.

Our midfield were absent for most of the game, Zelalem held the ball well but really didn't create too many good passes. Halliday was away on holiday somewhere, his goal was the only decent thing he did all game.

Kenny was our stand out, all these younger players should hold their heads in shame, that a 36 year old out ran and out played them. He showed what heart is all about.

We need a massive injection of funds Mr King and the board if we are to compete at the level we the fans expect next season.

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Managers live and die by their decisions and I'm sorry but Warburton got it painfully wrong today. At 2-1 up with Hibs chasing the game there was absolutely no need to bring on another striker. He got it wrong. Every man and their dog saw that that defence was weak as fuck and we did fuck all about it. Gifted Hibs the Scottish cup yesterday. Pathetic. 

Warburton was naive today, the game was won and hibs were knackered but he gave them encouragement by having us play football in our own half. This strategy worked over a season but you have to manage a cup final differently when players tire and the teams not playing well. Having said that no manager could be held accountable for the performances of Shiels and Clarke who instead of injecting energy into the team actually looked and played like they were drunk.

League win with 80 odd points and the Ramsdens would have taken it on day 1 but it's nothing great.

It was clear very early in that hibs pressing was ruining our rhythm and our passing was abysmal. Why we didn't change it I don't know. 

Losing those goals from corners is typical of us and needs sorting if we have a hope next season.

I like the saying but warbs we do need a plan b

Those saying SC final was a bonus need to get a grip.  it might have been a bonus in the grand scale of things from our targets at the start of the season but we were beat by a team who we beat to the league title.

That cup was ours for the taking, with European football as an incentive, and the team bottled it.  Miller seemed to be the only player on the park who wanted to win it.

Warburton made some shocking substitutions which ultimately ended up costing us the game. Zel, whilst not amazing, seemed really comfortable on the ball and looked up for it.

Why was the bench not full?  

I get the gaffers philosophy of being able to see a way into the first team, so is that him making a statement that the youths aren't good enough?

Surely it would be great experience for them to get in the squad to savour the atmosphere?

13 hours ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

I still have faith. We'll have to wait and see if my faith is justified. I would say that a lot of what we saw wrong today can be overcome after a good transfer window. If I were to defend MW I would say last summer was something of a panicky period. A large number of players were needed and needed quickly. A number of players were brought in who were probably stop-gap measures. Hopefully McParland and MW have been doing their scouting magic.

I also have a suspicion that on the occasions when Warburton's style goes wrong it will go horribly wrong.

I think this is spot on. We got who we could for a price we can afford.

My only worries are how we continually exposed at corners yet rarely put one into the box ourself. Miller nearly put us ahead yesterday when we did. For their winner look who even bothered to jump for the ball.

I'd also like a midfielder who will shoot from the edge of the box. Halliday and McKay scored great goals but how often does someone stand in space whilst we try and pass a triangle on the wing.

I think the football we played this season has been a breath of fresh air but our weaknesses have been exposed time and time again.

The players were better at the start of the campaign, they should be better now having gelled and got to know each others game better, but they have instead got worse. 

Our defence is a joke even at the level we play and that has been evident for a while.

Warburton could not even spot the weakness on Tavs side and sort it where stokes was making an arse of him yet everyone around me could.

Holt is not the same player he was at the start of the season, especially after his injury. I would suggest that we have had an established two man midfield this season, and the midfield will not only need numbers, but it will need players of a high standard. The burden on Holt and Halliday, not during any specific match but during a season, has been inadequate at times; there were times when Halliday alone was our midfield- we played a match at Raith were Halliday was doing the whole lot in midfield. Unless we deal with this midfield, and I think that will be the priority area, then we will not see the best of Mark Marburton's style of play.

As others have said his big issues for me are the lack of a Plan B and his inability to change tactics to suit each game.

we play the same way with generally same formation each week and as such we've been found out since I would suggest Xmas.

Better teams next season will sit back and hit us on the counter week in/week out ala St Johnstone and Hibs yesterday.

Its all well and good passing the ball around and keeping possession but worrying when it's slow and doesn't create openings. Been like this again half the season.

MW has done what's been asked bar yesterday however next season I think will show us if he can adapt and succeed.

At least we've got Rossiter and maybes Barton coming in for next season. More signings like that and we should be ok. That midfield and defensive display yesterday was a fucking abomination. Tav was our most advanced player during one of the hibs attacks. Reminded me of my old sunday league team of 11 fat hungover fuckers chasing shadows. Kiernan for the first? Fucking hell. And 2 from corners? We don't get that sorted for next season, we're fucked. Seemed like Miller was the only one that knew it was a cup final.