David Weir "We'll learn from final defeat"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What were we expecting him to say?

"Aye we were rank rotten on Saturday. Kiernan is a useless wee tit, Tav looked like he was stoned aff his and Wilson is slower than a special needs class. But f**k it we'll be alright next season, the gaffer's got Joey on a shitload o' roids"

The statement is just the usual diplomatic football speak. W and W know what needs fixed. Have patience brethren. 

50 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

An utter load of waffle and an insult to Rangers' fans. How often have we heard that we will learn from our mistakes? It has been clear that work was required on our defence for some time and after that display on Saturday I am surprised that Weir has the nerve to show his face. I hold him largely reponsible for our defensive performances throughout the season, not just the final. A great player but useless as a coach, but we should be used to that.

Of course it's waffle; what do you expect, that he take the players apart in public? And as for being useless as a coach, what you do you know, and which player who has played under his coaching has said that; or perhaps you have first hand experience of his coaching?

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

At back end of season..

3 goals conceded at Falkirk.

3 conceded at Easter Rd

3 conceded at Starks park

3 conceded at Ibrox against QOTS

we then concede 3 again in final. The players aren't 'learning' at all..

Bad player's never learn. We have just got rid of three of them with hopefully more to follow, but we are still stuck with under achieving players as a result of the last four years. Looking at what we are doing in the transfer window at the moment doesn't suggest we are going to challenge for the league for at least two years, I hope Warburton proves me wrong.

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Of course it's waffle; what do you expect, that he take the players apart in public? And as for being useless as a coach, what you do you know, and which player who has played under his coaching has said that; or perhaps you have first hand experience of his coaching?

I have had experience of the result of his coaching; a fucking useless defence who can't defend corners. Basic schoolboy errors.

No you don't, you don't know whether he is useless as a coach or not. It's not just defences that deal with corners, if we get a stronger midfield then we can see how we deal with corners etc. I don't believe that Kiernan and Wilson can't deal with corners on a defensive level, but the whole team deal with them poorly; and we'll see what happens after the recruitment of better players.

3 hours ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Talk about reading between the lines of his comments very diplomatic of him with what he says.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/well-learn-final-defeat/

Expect nothing less from big David Weir....class personified!! Applauds hibs for their win whilst not uttering a word of complaint about the wrongdoing against us.....sometimes saying nothing at all says absolutely everything!!

Just now, weshallnotbemoved! said:

We trained well...we are in good shape.

Well in.

Why do people never remember the great stuff said before the disaster? but happy to gush over the sound-byte shite they spout after the event?

6 hours ago, Smile said:

It's not like it was just Saturday we won three of our last ten games and are shipping roughly 3 goals a game.

We have signed new players of good callibre without a single transfer fee.

We need a slightly bigger squad and much stronger bench IMO. There has been no real competition for places.

what does he mean by the last line?

"Maybe if we had won it would have disguised a few things that we need to improve on and maybe in the long term that will be a good thing for us.”

if we had won then we wouldn't have run onto the pitch unlike hibs fans and therefore the ugly side of scottish football wouldn't have been shown? i don't know that's just what i took from it. i guess he's right that in a way it would be good in the long term that it has been shown up. or maybe i'm talking a load of shite about something else here.

“It’s disappointing to get in to a winning position as well and not hold on to that, so many aspects of the game we were disappointed with but within that as well you have to give Hibs credit for winning the cup.

“With all that has been going on this weekend sometimes that has got lost a little bit, so credit to them, they played better than us on the day and in my opinion deserved to win.

The whole of Scottish Football could learn from such a statement, that's sportsmanship in defeat never mind the provocation.

That's Rangers class. Class none of the others in Scottish Football possess.

Class which also seems to be above the norm in modern day Scotland and from today's Hillsborough-esque reporting , class above  the police too.