Looks like Stubbs gone.

9 minutes ago, one55 said:

Brighter than I thought it seems. He knows Hibs are a sinking ship and he's bolted. Doesn't matter they won the Scottish cup or got into Europe. They are still a championship team and will need to downsize. This season was their last chance to get back to the premiership. One or two seasons down in the championship  might be manageable but 3 seasons...you can't stay afloat any longer. 

Hope they enjoyed their cup win cause now reality is kicking in.

Dempster stated earlier in the season that they couldn't afford not to get promoted. They're a Championship team paying Premiership wages, with poor attendance figures. Any decent offers for any of their players and they'll be gone. People suggesting they might get £1million or anything like it, for players such as Cummings are very ill-informed. They couldn't afford to turn down the likes of £250,000 for him.

You'll see a poor manager come in, considerable downsizing of the playing squad and the board desperately holding on to that cup win for years to come, while they languish in the Championship along with Dundee Utd and St Mirren.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

League construction will help them all out . We aren't there now so that's another stick on .

Surely this would have to be agreed with all clubs? We would vote no to maintain sporting integrity.

let the wee scummy delusional club rot for years to come. I don't often wish a club dead but I would love to see this club die 

He's been a failure there if you look at it objectively. 2nd place in the championship followed by a play off semi final loss to the worst Rangers team possibly ever. Then a 3rd place finish, Hibsing it every other week against absolute god awful teams, part time teams as well, followed by another semi final play-off defeat to Falkirk... In return they won a Scottish cup and Stubbs goes down as a legend almost with their fans.

It looks like the investors might be willing to make one last stab at it with big (ish) wages and Lennon won't come cheap, not for Hibs anyway. 

If they fail again this season then it is goodbye to Hibs and their 20k stadium that sits more than half empty every other week!

A thread was started on the Hibs forum about sugar puff teeth becoming their next manager, one of the first comments was - this will be terrific, will wind that mob up especially.

It really is all they care about, and the sad thing is they really think we give a fuck what a wee team and its fans do. I said a few years ago on here that I can imagine a few smaller teams like dundee united and hibs creating a synthetic rivalry in order to increase their fanbase as well as their exposure.

This has to be stopped, we have to make it clear to these wee teams they are meaningless to us.

Why would it wind us up? Hibs are no relevance to us anymore. We are not in the same league. We won't even cross paths unless we draw them in a cup. This countries obsession with making decisions on the basis of how Rangers and us the supporters will react is bizarre. 

Lennon favorite :lol: Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

7 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Why would it wind us up? Hibs are no relevance to us anymore. We are not in the same league. We won't even cross paths unless we draw them in a cup. This countries obsession with making decisions on the basis of how Rangers and us the supporters will react is bizarre. 

Lennon favorite :lol: Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

I'd prefer it if Lennon stays on the dole until he dies.

11 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

was playing hide the sausage with the hibs physio. His wife found out earlier in year and that's why he was desperate to move back down south..

She's not bad, to be fair ...

_CB_0437_5888.jpg

I still can't believe we lost the Scottish Cup final to that tin-pot, diet tarrier mob.

Any mention of Hibs or Stubbs and I'm instantly filled with disgust.

Fuck them, but what an embarrassment. One last opportunity to slap them about before saying goodbye and instead we handed them the biggest day of their lives and European football.

It's that mentality that makes us the world's most successful club, I suppose. We use defeat as a motivator and not victory as a cover-up.

On 02/06/2016 at 3:47 AM, SUPERCOOPER said:

Popcorn teeth favourite for job - I honestly can't stop laughing.

But didn't he have to leave Scotland because of all the anti-Irish racism that he was subjected to????

:wink:

If they take TLB they will stay down, they have no money, a fine on its way and he is a clueless cheque book manager. Will listen out for his excuses next season when they fail again.

Surprised that yellow fang wants the job to be honest. Is it a case of if the big tims don't want you, the little ones will do. Kinda like Stokes in that respect.

The guy is toxic and noone wants to touch him down south after the cunt of a job at Bolton. Hope he gets the Hibs job, means we can laugh without hopefully having to cross paths with him.