Eric Caldow

1 hour ago, cstamomusa said:

Thank you for posting the above link I didn't realise that the article had been shown, lovely memories of my early visits to ibrox 55 years ago. And I agree with the contributions who thought that the strip in the picture was the finest ever.

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Most around Renfrewshire were like that, now they are mostly all  infested, kind of a microcosm of the whole country.

One was a bit different. When I moved up near Eaglesham, my uncle asked me if I would be joining Bonnyton Moor. My reply, no, I'm not cut out for there.

11 hours ago, rbt1548 said:

Here he is, one of my favourite players in my favourite strip.  As mentioned in a previous post,   Alzheimers is a horrible condition, my mother is in a home with dementia/Alzheimers, it's not nice to see once active people become a shadow of themselves. I wish him and his family all the very best.

Ericcaldow.jpg

Lost my mother-in-law to dementia and just lost a favourite uncle to dementia/Alzheimer's last week. It truly is horrible, as you say; my uncle was one of the kindest people I ever knew throughout his whole life, but in his last stages he had forgotten almost all of us and was combative as hell with anyone and everyone trying to care for him. Guts you to see it. My heart and best wishes go out to Eric and his extended family.

Eric represents what every Rangers captain aspires to be.

Great player and gentleman of the highest class.

I was at Wembley when he had his leg broken and Davy took over at left back.

The ol' man died of the same disease a few years ago. He didn't know who i was as i wheeled him around the hospital every day having a great time singing the sash, TTB and follow follow.

8 hours ago, delparlane said:

Lost my mother-in-law to dementia and just lost a favourite uncle to dementia/Alzheimer's last week. It truly is horrible, as you say; my uncle was one of the kindest people I ever knew throughout his whole life, but in his last stages he had forgotten almost all of us and was combative as hell with anyone and everyone trying to care for him. Guts you to see it. My heart and best wishes go out to Eric and his extended family.

Sympathies to you and yours. It is times like these that make you realise what is really important in life. I recently had a brain scan which showed slight damage to blood vessels. Nothing to serious just now and I hope it doesn't get worse. I can be an awkward old bugger just now; God knows how my family could cope if I deteriorate.