The current defence - A liability this season

Rambo1872

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Kiernan just so flat footed all the time Wilson not much better.

Would pair hill with Wilson and just hope we manage to add a decent centre back.

Thought second half we were great. 

We were mate, but the defending was still comical throughout, cant even pass the ball back to the keeper properly either.

The team that play Hamilton will be stronger and a lot different from todays, however he really really needs to push and force the board into bringing in a real quality CB if they become available.

If anything I think they are sticking to the tactics when common sense should kick in

Cup Final was the exact same problem in the opening minutes

Kiernan is so focused on not losing his own player, he offers no cover for Tav, I think Wallace had to come over v hivs at one point

We were better at corners today

Also well done Captain for not reacting to the exuberant wanker, who if wearing blue would be in the cells for the weekend, what an utter cunt to make of yourself

51 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The two centre halves and the defensive midfielder are nowhere near good enough.

Barton will replace Halliday but who replaces the other two.

I think Rossiter will replace Halliday and Hill replace Kiernan. I wouldn't be too unhappy with Hill and Wilson at the back, no that I think Wilson is great but he's definitely the lesser of the two evils. Warburton said another centre back is on the agenda though 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Wilson is better than Kiernan.

I disagree, I think Wilson is better in the air but Kiernans positioning and passing is much better. Also Wilson always leaves gaps in defence by not stepping up when he's meant to.

1 hour ago, folkestoneger said:

Defence will never be your strongpoint when your full backs play just in front of the wingers.

We will have to get used to it because I doubt the manager will change it anytime soon.

Hopefully a better defensive midfielder will cut out the source balls before they land behind our defence

They aint any better when they land in front of them.

1 hour ago, folkestoneger said:

Defence will never be your strongpoint when your full backs play just in front of the wingers.

We will have to get used to it because I doubt the manager will change it anytime soon.

Hopefully a better defensive midfielder will cut out the source balls before they land behind our defence

It isn't just in general play though. we're pish at set plays as well which is down to the centre halves.

By all accounts Hill will probably be starting on Tuesday so at least we can have a better idea if the issues are being addressed as is Hudson, and I'm sure the management team are aware of the situation or they wouldn't have brought Hill in and looking at bringing in another CB.

I remember when Wilson first played for us and under the guidance of Weir beside him he was actually a pretty good player maybe Hill will have the same influence also having a more natural CDM will only help.

It was quite ironic that possibly our two best defensive moments came from Miller and McKay.

Anyway no need to panic yet it's early doors and plenty of time to get it sorted.

46 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Wilson is better than Kiernan.

I agree, Kiernan crashes through the back of attackers holding up the ball at least once every game I've watched him in. Wilson is far more composed and reads the game well. Hill is surely lacking pace which concerns me with our play style.

Wilson and Kiernan have played a lot of matches together now and sticking with them until there is a valid reason to drop one will be the way it goes I reckon, they are probably our strongest CB pairing when you consider our formation and what we actually require our CB's to do. 

Just now, Laudrup1690 said:

I wouldn't worry to much at the moment,we will be much steadier with Barton and rossiter in middle and a new centre half,judge the defence when full team is in there 

How does two players without ability get better with different players around them unless the players around them are actually doing their job for them at which point your team is two men down?

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

How does two players without ability get better with different players around them unless the players around them are actually doing their job for them at which point your team is two men down?

I mean we won't be as open and hopefully have 1 new center back or 2!should have more protection with Barton and rossiter!

we won't win the league with the current 2 c.b I know that for sure 

Just in from the game,second half we were excellent,windlass looked great going forward,always

on the move,waghorn got better as the game went on ,Kiernan was piss poor,what a shocking performance,

dont know how it looked on tv but him and tav have no understanding at all , Wilson not much better

should have been 4 2 to well at half time, see their fans were at it again,well done to lee Wallace ,who

must have said something to them ,they were raging the rest of the game at him.